Current price line study....

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
ybfjax

Current price line study....

Postby ybfjax » 23 Feb 2007

I was wondering if MC had or could have a study that automatically drew a horizontal line that changed with the current price. This line extends back throughout the chart history. The purpose was to see where current prices could touch support and resistance or other chart reaction points in the past.

I know of 2 platforms that have a similar function:

OpenEcry - the current (real-time) price has a horizontal line attatched to it. This line extends all the way back to the beginning of the chart history.

SC - they just recently updated this function to allow the line to extend x # of bars back. Previously, it only extended back to midnight of the same day. I'm testing this now with their new pre-release and it looks like it works just like before, but stretches back further.

Another study that would be nice would be just a horizontal line tool that one click would draw an infinite, stationary horizontal line in both directions from where the click took place. Again, as a reference to other reaction points further/later in the chart.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 27 Feb 2007

If I understand your description correctly, it should be very easy to create such a study in EasyLanguage. Do you want just to have a horizontal line on the level of last price?

ABC

Re: Current price line study....

Postby ABC » 06 Mar 2007

I was wondering if MC had or could have a study that automatically drew a horizontal line that changed with the current price. This line extends back throughout the chart history. The purpose was to see where current prices could touch support and resistance or other chart reaction points in the past.

I know of 2 platforms that have a similar function:

OpenEcry - the current (real-time) price has a horizontal line attatched to it. This line extends all the way back to the beginning of the chart history.

SC - they just recently updated this function to allow the line to extend x # of bars back. Previously, it only extended back to midnight of the same day. I'm testing this now with their new pre-release and it looks like it works just like before, but stretches back further.

Another study that would be nice would be just a horizontal line tool that one click would draw an infinite, stationary horizontal line in both directions from where the click took place. Again, as a reference to other reaction points further/later in the chart.
The attached study will show you the current Close with a horizontal TrendLine.

Regards,

ABC
Attachments
ABC_Show_Close.sef
ABC Show Close Price
(36.85 KiB) Downloaded 752 times

trader273

Postby trader273 » 16 Aug 2007

I cannot get this type of file to open. Can someone pos it as an ELD or a text file so I can use it.

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”