Please Vote for this feature

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
shanemcdonald

Please Vote for this feature

Postby shanemcdonald » 01 Nov 2014

I suggest a feature to save all trading data locally to a database like most other programs do.

You wont have to manually export performance data in order to save it.

vote here
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1787

shanemcdonald

Re: Please Vote for this feature

Postby shanemcdonald » 04 Nov 2014

has anyone else thought about this feature besides me ?

I cant be the only one.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Nov 2014

Shane, all trading data is already stored in a local base. It has been discussed in details in the "How to keep a track record" thread:
MultiCharts stores each order that was sent from the platform in Order and position tracker Orders tab. It can also receive orders placed from the other application to your broker account if this information is provided by your broker, MultiCharts is running and the broker profile is connected.
That is possible to view the Trading Performance Report based on the orders stored in the Orders tab.

The range of orders included in the Trading Performance Report depends on the chart data range. Once you have a chart plotted with the desired data range you need to go to View tab->Show Trading Performance Report.

If you want to see the historical orders stored in Order and position tracker Orders tab on a chart – please go to Format chart trading->make sure "Show historical orders is enabled".
Shane, your explanation is clear. That is expected behavior for the reports. The point is that the strategy report and trading report are used for different purposes. Depending on your current goal you need to use the appropriate one.

To sum up:
If you have no signals applied to the chart, the Strategy Performance Report will be unavailable.

If you have no signals applied to the chart, the Trading Performance Report will show all orders available for this instrument in Order and Position tracker->Orders tab. Both filled by Manual and Auto trading. If there are no orders for this instrument in OPT, or the chart data range does not cover the present orders, the Trading Performance Report will be unavailable.

If you have auto trading (SA & AA) disabled and a signal applied to the chart, the Strategy Performance Report will show the strategy backtesting results for the current strategy for this chart only.

If you have auto trading (SA & AA) disabled and a signal applied to the chart, the Trading Performance Report will show all orders available for this instrument in Order and Position tracker->Orders tab. Both filled by Manual and Auto trading. If there are no orders for this instrument in OPT, or the chart data range does not cover the present orders, the Trading Performance Report will be unavailable.

If you have auto trading (SA) enabled, the Strategy Performance Report will show only this strategy realtime trading results for this chart.

If you have auto trading (AA) enabled, the Strategy Performance Report will show backtesting and Async realtime trading results for the current strategy for this chart only. More info about AA trading mode.

If you have auto trading (SA & AA) enabled, the Trading Performance Report will show all filled orders available for this instrument in Order and Position tracker->Orders tab covered by the current chart data range (i.e. including the orders filled by the auto trading for this symbol from any chart).

* Please keep in mind that you need to have the broker profile you are using for trading selected and connected on the Chart Trading Panel to access the Trading Performance Report.
Please elaborate what new functionality you are suggesting with this feature request.

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 06 Nov 2014

I would like to clarify this request.
After talking to Henry, I should point out my idea was not clear enough.

We need an ability to have the trading performance report generated from historical orders on per strategy basis, so not just all orders placed under this account/instrument."

It is the " per strategy " basis that I was looking for.

Thanks Henry for your time.

Return to “MultiCharts”