Interactive Brokers data feed?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fbertram

Interactive Brokers data feed?

Postby fbertram » 27 Dec 2014

Dear MultiCharts fans,

I am having some difficulties with retrieving data from Interactive Brokers. I have TWS installed and MultiCharts is working with it, at least symbol lookup and submitting orders to a paper trading account work fine. TWS is showing me data in various resolutions. However, I am unable to show any charts in MultiCharts. I am not really sure what is supposed to happen, it all boils down to one question:

Can I retrieve any data for stocks without having subscribed to (and paid for) IB's data feed? Or in other words: should MultiCharts show the same data that TWS shows, or is the API limited versus what TWS does? Do I not even get end-of-day data for free with IB?

Thank you,
Best regards, Felix

JoshM

Re: Interactive Brokers data feed?

Postby JoshM » 27 Dec 2014

Can I retrieve any data for stocks without having subscribed to (and paid for) IB's data feed? Or in other words: should MultiCharts show the same data that TWS shows, or is the API limited versus what TWS does? Do I not even get end-of-day data for free with IB?
If you have delayed realtime data then follow this guide to configure the data connection:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ve_Brokers
Realtime data will start on your chart after a certain timeout. Basically you can compare the time in the status line of the chart with your local PC time or Exchange time. Time delta is the time you need to wait for realtime updates.
Delayed historical data is not supported and cannot be accessed in MultiCharts.
Source.

So, there is no free EOD data or such, only delayed real-time data for free.

fbertram

Re: Interactive Brokers data feed?

Postby fbertram » 27 Dec 2014

Thanks Josh!

Return to “MultiCharts”