feature like Radar screen of TS ? auto strategy?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DTorSwing

feature like Radar screen of TS ? auto strategy?

Postby DTorSwing » 20 Jan 2015

does MC has similar feature like Radar screen of TS ?
if so, can we do program an auto signal (strategy) off of the results comes from it?

example, filter for high vol, or ATR, or VIX

orion

Re: feature like Radar screen of TS ? auto strategy?

Postby orion » 20 Jan 2015

if so, can we do program an auto signal (strategy) off of the results comes from it?
The portfolio trader (PT) is a thousand times more powerful than anything TS has to offer since: (a) you can trade a large portfolio of symbols and strategies with it, (a) it comes with mechanisms for different strategies to cooperate if so desired, (c) it has the ability for custom fitness criteria for both genetic and exhaustive back testing, and (d) its optimization runs are multi threaded and hence run a lot faster than anything TS offers.

DTorSwing

The portfolio trader (PT) is a thousand times more powerful than anything TS has to offer since: (a) you can trade a large portfolio of symbols and strategies with it, (a) it comes with mechanisms for different strategies to cooperate if so desired, (c) it has the ability for custom fitness criteria for both genetic and exhaustive back testing, and (d) its optimization runs are multi threaded and hence run a lot faster than anything TS offers.
thats great to hear and yes those features are great to have, but can it scan NASDAQ real time to check the Vol, ATR in real time, for Day trades ?

orion

thats great to hear and yes those features are great to have, but can it scan NASDAQ real time to check the Vol, ATR in real time, for Day trades ?
As I mentioned, you can trade with it. So, yes you can not just scan Nasdaq but trade all of Nasdaq. It also has multidata capability which is lacking in RS. I am intimately familiar with both TS RS and MC PT. MC PT functionality is a superset of anything you will get in TS RS. MC also has a scanner which is functionally similar to TS RS but I see no use for it given PT.

DTorSwing

As I mentioned, you can trade with it. So, yes you can not just scan Nasdaq but trade all of Nasdaq. It also has multidata capability which is lacking in RS. I am intimately familiar with both TS RS and MC PT. MC PT functionality is a superset of anything you will get in TS RS. MC also has a scanner which is functionally similar to TS RS but I see no use for it given PT.
i am happy to know the good things of PT.
but , again I can't trade all of Nasdaq, but need to filter (scan) by some indicators or levels or vol in "real time" and get down to like 10-20 symbols and do "Day trade"

orion

i am happy to know the good things of PT.
but , again I can't trade all of Nasdaq, but need to filter (scan) by some indicators or levels or vol in "real time" and get down to like 10-20 symbols and do "Day trade"
I see we have an impedance mismatch. I repeat: PT can do anything that RS can and much more. If for some reason you dislike the idea of having more functionality and prefer an "RS like" environment, then check out the MC scanner.

DTorSwing

I see we have an impedance mismatch. I repeat: PT can do anything that RS can and much more. If for some reason you dislike the idea of having more functionality and prefer an "RS like" environment, then check out the MC scanner.
thk you :) I would love to have more features, but I wasnt clear about scanning part.
now, i am having someone code my strategy, then, I would be testing Portfolio Trader

DTorSwing

Postby DTorSwing » 21 Jan 2015

ok, 1 more thing to see if PT does and i dont know if RS does either

any indicator or other way to find out what symbols match

Gap dn/ Gap/up since yesterday close
volume surge
news data to scan (not sure how can software do, unless it collects data from news service)

or we need custom indicators/script for these ?

Return to “MultiCharts”