A selection of bugs that I have experienced today.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

A selection of bugs that I have experienced today.

Postby Nick » 22 Mar 2007

Opened up MC some charts had data gaps for example a 5 minute chart (3 days worth of bars) of the DAX was missing an hour or so of bars from the beginning of the day. An identical chart in another workspace and different periods charts in the same workspace (1 min 15min 1 hour) Loaded fine. This happens often (maybe all the time).

Twice data stopped plotting (minute based charts) tick based where updating correctly. This requires a restart of MC. Several minutes to shut down and restart and display charts that where up to date when I shut down. Takes I dunno 5 to 10 minutes. I only have 2 symbols loaded displayed in half a dozen timeframes each, how hard can that be? Oh then I have to re adjust zooms in all my charts as they are not remembered session to session.

Drawing tools - what can I say except haha they must be a joke right? They are even worse in v2. Lines dropping themselves. Randomly switching from 'position handle mode' to 'drag object mode', no presicison etc. etc. Pretty much useless and hardly 'state of the art' as claimed.

The 'jitter bug' mentioned in a recent thread.

I am annoyed and frustrated at the amount of time that I have wasted with MC. Today missed a couple of good trades. The product still does not do the most basic things reliably e.g. receive store and display data in an accurate and timely manner. It is slow clunky and buggy. There are things that should have been squashed in development/alpha the fact they made it into beta now release staggers belief.

The threads are starting on the various popular forums. The message is pretty clear - has potential but steer well clear for now. Those less forgiving just say leave well alone.

Please for the love of god (and my sanity) start working on squashing bugs and getting the basic stuff 110%. Every day is a fight, I'll guess I'll check the first big bug fix release but my patience is stretched to the limit.

Cheers,
Nick.

Kate

Postby Kate » 22 Mar 2007

Opened up MC some charts had data gaps for example a 5 minute chart (3 days worth of bars) of the DAX was missing an hour or so of bars from the beginning of the day. An identical chart in another workspace and different periods charts in the same workspace (1 min 15min 1 hour) Loaded fine. This happens often (maybe all the time).

Twice data stopped plotting (minute based charts) tick based where updating correctly.
Nick,

We have already fixed the bug with N-minute charts and posted the link to download this hotfix. You can find it here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3283

As concerns drawing tools, our developers confirm that they were buggy but we've improved them and they will be available in the next version.
Last edited by Kate on 22 Mar 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Kate

Postby Kate » 22 Mar 2007

Nick,

If you can contact us and show your problems via HelpDesk, we (instead of making suppositions) will be able to resolve them considerably faster.

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2007

As concerns drawing tools, our developers confirm that they were buggy but we've improved and fixed all of them and they will be available in the next version.
thanks a million.

the drawing tools might seem like a fringe feature of a trading platform, but let me tell you, they are VERY VERY IMPORTANT in a trader's daily routine. We use the drawing tool to mark channels and position support/resistance. We draw the lines as the market unfold. We watch the market second by second, tick by tick. The drawing tools are the extension of our eyes and mind; we draw the lines with the same urgency as MC draws the minute bar. They must work efficiently and quickly, and without time consuming hiccups. EVERY SECOND counts !!!

Looking forward to the next release!

Nick

Postby Nick » 23 Mar 2007

Nick,

If you can contact us and show your problems via HelpDesk, we (instead of making suppositions) will be able to resolve them considerably faster.
Hi Kate,

I realise this post is pretty negative but it is the truth as I see it. I have spent many many hours (hundreds) testing MC and providing feedback. (For example I have been banging on about drawing tools for about 6-12 months now). I must admit that a lot of this was through Alex who has of course since left.

I am a apprehensive about letting you guys access my PC when I am live trading, I'm sure you understand. This means I have to find time elsewhere to set these things up. For a variety of reasons this time is precious to me right now. Some of the bugs are so basic it seems they should not have made it off the developers desk! This is of course frustrating. If anything crops up and the market allows it I'll be sure to contact live help. (which is excellent by the way).

I would like to say I do appreciate all the hard work you guys do and am still excited by the potential in MC. The reasons for my foot stamping posts is to try and get important things dealt with. Things that seem obvious to me that they will prevent MC's success. It is only because I care that I post If I did not care I would have hit /unintsall months ago and certainly would not waste my time posting here.

Just to re-iterate my point (it has not changed in the last couple of years) core functionality must be flawless (I guess perfect is too much to ask for). Everything else is worthless if not built on this solid foundation.

Anyway thanks to all of you guys and gals for the hard work you do and for always responding courteously to my posts.

Cheers,
Nick.

Nick

Postby Nick » 23 Mar 2007

... but let me tell you, they are VERY VERY IMPORTANT in a trader's daily routine. We use the drawing tool to mark channels and position support/resistance. We draw the lines as the market unfold. We watch the market second by second, tick by tick. The drawing tools are the extension of our eyes and mind; we draw the lines with the same urgency as MC draws the minute bar. They must work efficiently and quickly, and without time consuming hiccups. EVERY SECOND counts !!!

Looking forward to the next release!

:!: :!: :!: 8) 8) 8) Quoted for emphasis 8) 8) 8) :!: :!: :!:

Kate

Postby Kate » 23 Mar 2007

Nick,

We agree that drawing tools need to be revised and thanks for your and other customers' feedback we will keep improving them.

Nick

Postby Nick » 12 Apr 2007

I have downloaded this fix but everyday when I open my charts (all N minute DAX) some of them are missing data some are not. The data is in the database. This means I have to do a refresh on each chart to load exactly the same data. This is pretty painful with IB.

Incidentaly the last couple of times I have contacted live support through the internet there has been no one there.

Cheers,
Nick

Twice data stopped plotting (minute based charts) tick based where updating correctly.
Nick,

We have already fixed the bug with N-minute charts and posted the link to download this hotfix. You can find it here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3283

As concerns drawing tools, our developers confirm that they were buggy but we've improved them and they will be available in the next version.

Kate

Postby Kate » 12 Apr 2007

Nick,

Our Live Chat is available from 6.30 am till 2.00 pm EST, if possible, please contact us during our working hours and show this problem to us. The majority of our customers have downloaded this fix and have no problems with N-minute charts so it is interesting to analyze why it is not working for your charts.

Postby Guest » 13 Apr 2007

Nick,

Our Live Chat is available from 6.30 am till 2.00 pm EST, if possible, please contact us during our working hours and show this problem to us. The majority of our customers have downloaded this fix and have no problems with N-minute charts so it is interesting to analyze why it is not working for your charts.
I also have the same problem as Nick.

Sometimes my N minute charts have gaps.
IF i backfill everyday after market close , then the next time when i start up, i will not have gaps.

But if say, i close MC during market hours and after market hours when i start MC.. i will see gaps in my N minute chart !!

Kate

Postby Kate » 17 Apr 2007

Have you tried to use the patch that we prepared to fix the problem with gaps on N-minute charts? You can find it here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3283

Nick

Postby Nick » 22 Apr 2007

Hi kate,

Yes I have tried the fix with the new tsshaper.dll. Here is a screenshot that illustrates what is happening. You will see the 1 min chart top right has all the bars for friday but the 5 & 30 minutes just show 1 bar. A restart usually fixes it

Cheers,
Nick
Attachments
picture3.png
(147.1 KiB) Downloaded 735 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 24 Apr 2007

Nick,

Could you contact us and demonstrate this problem via HelpDesk?

Return to “MultiCharts”