VWAP (Monthly, Weekly, Daily)

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
TJ

VWAP (Monthly, Weekly, Daily)

Postby TJ » 12 Mar 2015

Disclaimer: I have not tested this code.

Please let us know your usage experience.

Please post and share your modifications and enhancements.
Attachments
VWAP (Monthly, Weekly, Daily) .txt
(5.66 KiB) Downloaded 1521 times

Trent

Re: VWAP (Monthly, Weekly, Daily)

Postby Trent » 13 Mar 2015

A Monthly, Weekly, Daily VWAP indicator for Multicharts would be great, I've been unable to find a straight VWAP which can run through midnight without resetting anywhere.

Arnie posted his VWAP bands which can run on ETH sessions which works great.

I've been using exactly this (Monthly, Weekly, Daily VWAP) on another platform but have been unable to find this for Multicharts so I am looking forward to seeing it run.

I was unable to compile the code, it keeps coming up with errors, but to be honest, I am no programmer, I don't use many indicators or programmed strategies, this is the first time I've dealt with code as I do need a VWAP.

Thanks.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Mar 2015

::
I was unable to compile the code, it keeps coming up with errors, but to be honest, I am no programmer, I don't use many indicators or programmed strategies, this is the first time I've dealt with code as I do need a VWAP.
Thanks.
Please take a screenshot of the error message. Without that, we can only guess what is wrong with your problem.

Trent

Postby Trent » 14 Mar 2015

Thanks TJ.
I just copied and pasted the entire code into the powerlanguage editor and received the error in the attached pic.
Attachments
Compile error.jpg
(576.54 KiB) Downloaded 2917 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 14 Mar 2015

Thanks TJ.
I just copied and pasted the entire code into the powerlanguage editor and received the error in the attached pic.
!. You must ALWAYS copy the header.

The header gives credit to the author for his blood and sweat, and pay homage to his generosity for sharing his code to unknown strangers selflessly and without asking for any rewards, not even a thanks.

Also it is a good practice for you... because it has the link to the original article, which when and if you have access to, can read and understand the process even better.

ps. Comments in the code are for human consumption only; during the compiling process, all comments are ignored by the computer. The compiled indicator will run just as fast and efficient with or without comments.

TJ

Postby TJ » 14 Mar 2015

There is no reason the compiling should stop at "cad". Unless you have created another variable or input with the same name. Please scrutinize the code for duplications.

I have just copied and compiled the code without error.

If your problem persists, I would suggest you to re-install MultiCharts.
Attachments
compile vwap (mwd).jpg
(217.49 KiB) Downloaded 2910 times

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 14 Mar 2015

TJ: I have the same problem with "cad" .... using MultiCharts Version 9.0 Release (Build 10172)
Cad isn't listed as one of my functions, so I'm guessing that it might be a built-in function...
If I replace "cad" with "xyz" it compiles.. haven't tried plotting the study though..

Trent

Postby Trent » 15 Mar 2015

I apologise TJ, I had no idea, I by no means mean to offend anybody, I'm only new at code.
I didn't change the code at all and I still couldn't get it to compile but I appreciate you sharing.
Thanks.

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Mar 2015

I apologise TJ, I had no idea, I by no means mean to offend anybody, I'm only new at code.
I didn't change the code at all and I still couldn't get it to compile but I appreciate you sharing.
Thanks.
No need to apologise... we all run into road blocks once in a while. Since sptrader also reported the same experience, I have sent a PM to Andrew to ask him to look into it. Stay tuned.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 15 Mar 2015

TJ: I have the same problem with "cad" .... using MultiCharts Version 9.0 Release (Build 10172)
Cad isn't listed as one of my functions, so I'm guessing that it might be a built-in function...
If I replace "cad" with "xyz" it compiles.. haven't tried plotting the study though..
`Cad` is a named constant for the Canadian Dollar, just like the `zar`, `eur`, `usd` constant keywords in PowerLanguage for other currencies.

These keywords aren't documented yet in the wiki, but if you click on them in the PowerLanguage Editor and press F1, the help about them will pop-up.

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”