Trial user question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Trial user question

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2007

Does anyone knows how to automatically refresh 50 symbols everyday using IB backfill ?

Preferably, i would like to be able to do this once every day at end of market close.. to prepare for tomorrow's opening.

thank you

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Apr 2007

You can reload all your charts with .rld glob command in the Command line (View->Toolbars->Command line).

I tried this .rld commandline... it is the same as the reload command right ?
It reloads the current chart windows.

As i mentioned, i have about 50 symbols.. and they are spread across many different charts across many different workspaces.

Do i have to do a .rld for every chart ? 50 symbols !!!
Is there a more efficient way ?

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Apr 2007

Have you tried to use .rld glob? It should reload all the charts.

Does .rld glob reload all charts in the application or all charts in the workspace ?
I have some charts that i do not want to reload IB.

2. I do not always plot all the 50 symbols..... but i still want them to be refreshed does this commandline reload all of them too ?

3. For certain symbols... i plot a few days data on the chart... but i only want to reload say the last day's data.. how can this be done ?

thank you

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2007

Does .rld glob reload all charts in the application or all charts in the workspace ?
I have some charts that i do not want to reload IB.

2. I do not always plot all the 50 symbols..... but i still want them to be refreshed does this commandline reload all of them too ?

3. For certain symbols... i plot a few days data on the chart... but i only want to reload say the last day's data.. how can this be done ?

thank you
Any replies to my queries ?...

thank you

Kate

Postby Kate » 05 Apr 2007

.rld glob reloads all charts in the application.
This command will reload data only if charts are open.
In this case you should use Save as to save your workspaces, then open them and select 1 day back in FormatSymbol window, when they are refreshed, you should use both workspaces.

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2007

.rld glob reloads all charts in the application.
This command will reload data only if charts are open.
In this case you should use Save as to save your workspaces, then open them and select 1 day back in FormatSymbol window, when they are refreshed, you should use both workspaces.
hmm.....

Did you try doing this with 50 symbols ?
It is just too much work.. especially if this list changes from time to time.

I prefer to spend my time trading than doing all this.

As of now.. i'd rather stick to MetaServer RT 3.2 with TS.... at least i can just leave my computer on after market hours, it will to automatically download the data and next morning everything is ready for market open.
That is what i called efficient !

Return to “MultiCharts”