Order rejected

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
houss75

Order rejected

Postby houss75 » 02 Jul 2015

hello,

I have a message error since 2 days despite the fact that I didn't not change the contract spicifications or parameters.
So I have this error message when the the "automate order execution" is active and when my trading system send an order to IB:
"order rejected-reason:Contract does not match supplied contract parameters"

Rgds,

TJ

Re: Order rejected

Postby TJ » 02 Jul 2015

hello,

I have a message error since 2 days despite the fact that I didn't not change the contract spicifications or parameters.
So I have this error message when the the "automate order execution" is active and when my trading system send an order to IB:
"order rejected-reason:Contract does not match supplied contract parameters"

Rgds,
Which MultiCharts version you are using?
Which TWS version you are using?
Which Java version you are using?

What is the symbol?
Are you trading on Continuous Future?
Have you check your symbol mapping?

Auto-trading or Chart trading?

tony

Postby tony » 02 Jul 2015

It's possible the contract you are trading expired or the trade route changed. That would explain why you are receiving this error suddenly and have not changed anything. Let us know the contract symbol so we can help further.

houss75

Postby houss75 » 03 Jul 2015

It's possible the contract you are trading expired or the trade route changed. That would explain why you are receiving this error suddenly and have not changed anything. Let us know the contract symbol so we can help further.

Hello tony,

it concern the symbol MINI 15I18 SEPT 2015 FUTURE CONTRACT. The italian index future.
This contract didn't expired and the route is the same.

Rgds,

houss75

Postby houss75 » 03 Jul 2015

Which MultiCharts version you are using?
Version 9.0 Build 10359
Which TWS version you are using?
BUILD 948.2b
Which Java version you are using?
-

What is the symbol?
MINI 15I18
Are you trading on Continuous Future?
NO
Have you check your symbol mapping?
YES

Auto-trading or Chart trading?
AUTO-TRADING

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 04 Jul 2015

it concern the symbol MINI 15I18 SEPT 2015 FUTURE CONTRACT. The italian index future.
This contract didn't expired and the route is the same.
Did you check the MultiCharts settings for this symbol with the data from IB (see here)? Just to rule out that IB or Borsa Italiana made some change to this future contract.

Also, can you trade this symbol through TWS itself or do you get an error there also?

houss75

Postby houss75 » 04 Jul 2015

Did you check the MultiCharts settings for this symbol with the data from IB (see here)? Just to rule out that IB or Borsa Italiana made some change to this future contract.

Also, can you trade this symbol through TWS itself or do you get an error there also?

Yes you're right joshM, I tried to trade the symbol directly on the TWS and I a had the following message error: "contract does not match supplied contract parametrers"
I also tried to trade the MINI 15L18 EUR DEC 2015 and it works correctly.
I'm going to see that directly with IB.

Rgds,

tony

Postby tony » 05 Jul 2015

I had a similar problem before with auto-trading and the problem was my account number had changed with my broker. Beyond that, unfortunately I can't offer any help. You could ask MC to remote in and see if they can help, but it could like be at the broker where you need assistance to troubleshoot. Good luck. Wish I could be of more assistance. Tony

tony

Postby tony » 05 Jul 2015

Realized one more thing going through some old notes. There are two set of login credentials, at least for me, using Rithmic. My account number with my broker had changed and I not only had to enter the revised account number, but also change the login credentials. Under format - signal - properties- auto trading, click settings at the bottom of the window (once you select the proper broker profile you want to use). Make sure the account number and the login credentials are correct on that page. Beyond that, I can't help any further. I hope this works for you.

Return to “MultiCharts”