Will Multicharts 9 run on windows 10

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Erik Pepping

Will Multicharts 9 run on windows 10

Postby Erik Pepping » 31 May 2015

Today I got an upgrade offer from windows 7 to windows 10. Probably will be released in end july.
Will Multicharts run on windows 10. Does it run on windows 8.1 ? (which should be compatible with 10)

arnie

Re: Will Multicharts 9 run on windows 10

Postby arnie » 01 Jun 2015

Today I got an upgrade offer from windows 7 to windows 10. Probably will be released in end july.
Will Multicharts run on windows 10. Does it run on windows 8.1 ? (which should be compatible with 10)
Have been running MC on Win 8.1, PC and tablet and all works fine.
I would though, if you have two machines, upgrade one first, see if all works OK and than upgrade the other one.

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 01 Jun 2015

Hello Erik,

MultiCharts is a Windows application and is running fine on any Windows, supported and released by Microsoft, including Windows 8.1. And we have multiple customers running MultiCharts 9 on Windows 8.1.

As far as I am concerned, there was no Final Release version of Windows 10 announced, yet. As soon as it becomes available, MultiCharts will be tested on it and Windows 10 will become supported.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 01 Jun 2015

I believe the final release date for Windows 10 is July 29th....a free upgrade from Windows 7...

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 02 Jun 2015

Hello Erik,

MultiCharts is a Windows application and is running fine on any Windows, supported and released by Microsoft, including Windows 8.1. And we have multiple customers running MultiCharts 9 on Windows 8.1.

As far as I am concerned, there was no Final Release version of Windows 10 announced, yet. As soon as it becomes available, MultiCharts will be tested on it and Windows 10 will become supported.
Windows 10 will be released July 29th. It was announced yesterday...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32962830

I've put myself down for a free upgrade from Windows 7 though I think I'll postpone installing it until I'm 100% sure Multicharts is fully compatible...

Would be good to hear from any MC traders that were in the Windows 10 Beta. Any of you have any compatibility issues?

eegroup

MultiCharts on Windows 10

Postby eegroup » 17 Jul 2015

Has MultiCharts 9.0 been tested running on Windows 10 yet?

Anyone running MultiCharts 9.0 on Windows 10?

Thanks!

arnie

Re: MultiCharts on Windows 10

Postby arnie » 18 Jul 2015

Has MultiCharts 9.0 been tested running on Windows 10 yet?

Anyone running MultiCharts 9.0 on Windows 10?

Thanks!
Windows 10 final version hasn't been released yet.
We are 11 days from its release.
Chill out!

If you want to test it, install the evaluation copy of Windows 10 and you'll see how MC is behaving on it.

strelow

Postby strelow » 18 Jul 2015

The question is .Running w10 we will have any increase of performace I mean will be possible someone show any benchmark comparison for us?

strelow

Postby strelow » 18 Jul 2015

Well. Only when W10 be released and tested in same conditions this doubt could be response .there is any tool inside mc to help this measure?

eegroup

Postby eegroup » 18 Jul 2015

@Arnie, I am a Windows Insider and I have the new release of Windows 10 now. Microsoft just dropped another new build (Build 10240), which is supposedly the final version of the new Windows OS.

Build 10240 is the version that Microsoft selected as its final Release to Manufacturing (RTM) copy. Microsoft has taken off the desktop PREVIEW watermark off of this release, so if it is not the "final final" version, it will be very close.

Also, Microsoft has indicated that it will be a while before everyone receives their reserved copies. July 29th IS the official release day for Windows 10 (for Windows Pro and Windows Home only), but with such a large group to upgrade (one billion eligible devices, according to Microsoft), the rollout will take some time. Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education versions will not be ready until August 1st, with the same potential rollout delays possible.

As you suggested, I will get it installed and see if MC is playing nice with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 20 Jul 2015

there is any tool inside mc to help this measure?
There is no such a pre-built tool in MultiCharts.

arnie

Postby arnie » 31 Jul 2015

Just updated my Surface Pro to Windows 10.
All's running fine.

My desktop haven't received the update yet but when it becomes available I'll wait a couple of weeks before installing it.
Windows 10 was released 2 days ago and apparently there's already a 1gb update for it.

Need to see first if my graphic cards and printer have already drivers available for the new OS.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 31 Jul 2015

Just updated my Surface Pro to Windows 10.
All's running fine.

My desktop haven't received the update yet but when it becomes available I'll wait a couple of weeks before installing it.
Windows 10 was released 2 days ago and apparently there's already a 1gb update for it.

Need to see first if my graphic cards and printer have already drivers available for the new OS.
Thanks for the update. Would be good to hear from others if they've updated to W10 too. Do you use MC on your Surface Pro?

Personally I'm waiting a month or two before installing as I want to make sure the initial kinks are sorted out first and the 1Gb update so early on doesn't fill me with confidence!

I'm sure MC will be fine with it, but when it comes to having issues with trading it's not worth taking the risk imo.

arnie

Postby arnie » 31 Jul 2015

Thanks for the update. Would be good to hear from others if they've updated to W10 too. Do you use MC on your Surface Pro?

Personally I'm waiting a month or two before installing as I want to make sure the initial kinks are sorted out first and the 1Gb update so early on doesn't fill me with confidence!

I'm sure MC will be fine with it, but when it comes to having issues with trading it's not worth taking the risk imo.
Exactly, better wait a couple of weeks. We never know how many bugs will be found in the next couple of days. I'm sure that right now hundreds of hackers are trying to discover every little bug in it :)

Yes, I use MC on my Surface Pro mainly for end of day stuff, testing a couple of things, although I have traded live with it.
The problem with MC and all other software out there in a tablet/laptop with such high res screens is the fact they are not built for it. Menus and text become really small and blurred.
So the thing that most people usually find most interesting in such products, the high res screens, is in fact the biggest problem here.

Nevertheless, it's a really a great device, despite of the annoying cooler noise if the CPU starts to heat too much. How such a small device is capable of producing all that noise is beyond my understanding.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 31 Jul 2015

So the thing that most people usually find most interesting in such products, the high res screens, is in fact the biggest problem here.
Exactly.

This is the issue I have when I sometimes use Splashtop streamer to my PC remotely. You need a damn magnifying glass to see what you're doing!

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 31 Jul 2015

I'm running the final release version of Win10 and the latest MC with no problems at all so far, but it's only been a couple of days .... I didn't even do a "clean install", I have 60 or so apps and didn't have the time to re-install them all, so I figured I could always do a clean install at a later date...it's working so well, I may not bother with a clean install...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2015

Dear users,

We have tested MultiCharts on Windows 10 Official Release Build and have not experienced any issues. But we still recommend testing all required functionality on Demo/Sim connection prior to going Live on the new OS.

arjfca

Adjusting DataWindow characters font

Postby arjfca » 10 Aug 2015

Hello

Just switch to Windows 10 and the characters font of my DataWindow look different than it use to before.

In fact, all color scheme has changed on my monitors so can't say if related to MC or to PC general color and default font look configuration.

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Aug 2015

Hello Martin,

The Data Window font and size are linked to the Price Scale's settings. Please go to Format->Window->Y-price scale to configure the font.

Return to “MultiCharts”