R in Powerlanguage  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eto

R in Powerlanguage

Postby eto » 28 Oct 2015

Hi Multicharts,

I was inspired to do advance Quant research from quant's perspective after reading this book http://www.amazon.com/Quantitative-Trad ... 1137354070

Is it possible and will you consider for me to request a new feature to enable R language and the environment TO BE CALLED in Powerlanguage to make Powerlanguage more powerful and i did my google such on what trading platfoms that able to do that and i found http://zorro-trader.com platform.

R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. It includes an effective data handling and storage facility that provides a suite of operators for calculations on arrays, matrices, data-frames and lists.

The base installation of R comes with a large collection of tools for data analysis and data visualization.

By having these features traders able to do trading with lots of statistic, data analysis, data crunching and machine learning at the background easily.

Thanks.

fbertram

Re: R in Powerlanguage  [SOLVED]

Postby fbertram » 30 Oct 2015

Hi Eto,

please note that you can do what you are asking for already.

Using DefineDLLFunc you can define PowerLanguage functions, which call external DLLs. You can also use this to launch external executables, by linking to function ShellExecuteA in Shell32.dll.

In order to integrate results from an external executable back into MultiCharts, you can use the ELCollections library. ELCollections can read and write CSV files.

Hope this helps,
best regards, Felix

TJ

Re: R in Powerlanguage

Postby TJ » 30 Oct 2015

This might be of help to you:

[Advanced Topic] Programming DLL
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8498

Return to “MultiCharts”