Cannot get Ascii Mapping to work with IQFeed Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Giffen

Cannot get Ascii Mapping to work with IQFeed Data

Postby Giffen » 13 Apr 2007

The process of ascii mapping works but when I try to graph any symbols it returns a No Data message.

I believe the problem is the field definitions. I cannot tell if the field is reading in ok or not. The data has date in the form of mm/dd/yyyy and time is 9:30 am etc...I can't tell which format to use to make it read in. I have tried many, made custom etc, and still it reports no data.

The files have data that is not the issue.

My question is, how can i tell when i have defined a field's format correctly? Should it have quotes around the data when it is defined correctly, or is that an indication that it doesn't know what the data is in the field?

Kate

Postby Kate » 17 Apr 2007

Giffen,

If some fields are not recognised, they will be called "Undefined", the same thing if you have data in quotes.

Please send me the screenshots showing how you do ascii mapping (I am interested in the screenshot with ASCII converter window with defined fields). Also please make sure that you are requesting data in the Online mode with "I want to download the missing data" check box checked.

Giffen

Postby Giffen » 18 Apr 2007

It works now with online mode and download missing data box checked. Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”