How do I remove the Indices demo Workspace and Stocks demo  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

How do I remove the Indices demo Workspace and Stocks demo

Postby Guest » 16 Apr 2007

How do I remove the Indices demo Workspace and Stocks demo workspace so they never return on startup again.

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 17 Apr 2007

Right now I do not think you can. If you remove them, MC goes into fix mode and places them back.

I tried many months back to remove them and that was my experience. They don't take up much space so why not just leave them

cheers

:)

futurestrader019

[SOLVED]

Postby futurestrader019 » 17 Apr 2007

That is annoying that you cannot just delete them.

TS - give us the option to delete them! Thanks!

Kate

Re: How do I remove the Indices demo Workspace and Stocks de

Postby Kate » 18 Apr 2007

How do I remove the Indices demo Workspace and Stocks demo workspace so they never return on startup again.
I recommend you to go to File->Preferences->Workspaces and uncheck "Open Workspaces on Start". It is impossible to delete them from your system because the installer will restore them anyway.

denizen2

Re: How do I remove the Indices demo Workspace and Stocks de

Postby denizen2 » 18 Apr 2007

I recommend you to go to File->Preferences->Workspaces and uncheck "Open Workspaces on Start". It is impossible to delete them from your system because the installer will restore them anyway.
My system does not have this 'problem' :o . I managed to 'delete' the demo workspace, but I don't happen to recall at this moment how that was accomplished.

I always use the "Open Workspace on Start" option to open the same workspaces that were open before the previous closing of the application. So the statement about "impossible to delete them from your system" maybe true if you mean that the workspace is still on the hard disk somewhere, but it seems that displaying the demo workspace can be disabled (and still use the "Open Workspaces on Start" option). :roll:

Return to “MultiCharts”