MULTICHARTS 9.1 RELEASE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 9.1 RELEASE

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2015

MultiCharts 9.1 Release is available for download now (builds 11814/11815)!
This version introduces a number of long-awaited features implemented in response to numerous user feature requests.

Local broker simulation, Forex board, Volume Profile in DOM window, multibroker trading performance summary and the ability to export only selected Trading Performance Report segments are only just a few highlights of the new features and improvements list. Currency conversion algorithm has been improved and Realized PnL is now available for the majority of supported brokers. We also added the possibility to set trailing stop, profit target and other special orders parameters in ticks for auto trading.
Click here to learn more about these builds.

Go to MultiCharts 9.1 Release download page

CrazyNasdaq

Re: MULTICHARTS 9.1 RELEASE

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 08 Oct 2015

There is a problem in the new TAB of O&P Tracker "Trade Summary"
I trade DAX which is in Euro and my preferences of my portfolio is set to EURO.
In Quotemanager the instrument is set with EUR as currency in Symbol Dictionary, but the Trade Summary shows correct results only if my portfolio is set to USD. If I set EUR it make a wrong conversion EUR/USD and behaves as currency conversion is the opposite with EURO less than USD.
if I make a trade of 4 points DAX equal to 100€ (25€ x 4points) in USD it signs 100USD in Euro it signs 88.73EUR............that's wrong !!!
[+] Click here to see the image

CrazyNasdaq

Yesterday afternoon I've upgraded Multicharts to the latest 9.1 release.
This morning I've closed my PC at 10:30 am after my morning session. This afternoon I've open again Multicharts and my charts but I can't backfill EUREX and CME data on any timeframe (1min , 1 tick and so on). The charts shows data till 10:30 am (my morning session) and starts again after my afternoon connection. There is no way to backfill data even if I try a reload
I've a CQG Live connection with a live account.
Is it a CQG server problem or new API that comes with the new release ?
Does anyone has the same problem as me with CQG data, today ?

Thanks in advance

CrazyNasdaq

Yesterday afternoon I've upgraded Multicharts to the latest 9.1 release.
This morning I've closed my PC at 10:30 am after my morning session. This afternoon I've open again Multicharts and my charts but I can't backfill EUREX and CME data on any timeframe (1min , 1 tick and so on). The charts shows data till 10:30 am (my morning session) and starts again after my afternoon connection. There is no way to backfill data even if I try a reload
I've a CQG Live connection with a live account.
Is it a CQG server problem or new API that comes with the new release ?
Does anyone has the same problem as me with CQG data, today ?

Thanks in advance
Problem solved. It does the backfill data again as it should

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2015

In Quotemanager the instrument is set with EUR as currency in Symbol Dictionary, but the Trade Summary shows correct results only if my portfolio is set to USD. If I set EUR it make a wrong conversion EUR/USD and behaves as currency conversion is the opposite with EURO less than USD.
if I make a trade of 4 points DAX equal to 100€ (25€ x 4points) in USD it signs 100USD in Euro it signs 88.73EUR............that's wrong !!!
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

There is nothing wrong in the currency conversion. EURUSD Bid closed at 1.12705 on 6/10/15 (on our currency conversion server). Therefore $525/1.12705=€465.82

SP

Postby SP » 08 Oct 2015

I have a problem with the time displayed at the bottom (showing 11:45... instead of 14:...)
Attachments
TIme.jpg
(218 KiB) Downloaded 14402 times

CrazyNasdaq

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

There is nothing wrong in the currency conversion. EURUSD Bid closed at 1.12705 on 6/10/15 (on our currency conversion server). Therefore $525/1.12705=€465.82
No Henry, the problem is that I have gained 21 points of DAX future (21 x 25€ each point) equal to 525€ = 591,70$ (Eur/USD conversion 1.12705)
Not 465.82 € = 525$...............21 net points of DAX future
As I've wrote, Order & Position Tracker signed the right gain in USD instead of Eur
Take a Look at all trades and Trading Performance report on October the 7th 2015

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2015

I have a problem with the time displayed at the bottom (showing 11:45... instead of 14:...)
Hello SP,

This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts 9.1 Release 2.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 10 Oct 2015

The procedure to downsize the QM database with Gbak was suspended for Multicharts 9.1 beta, so I suppose that it won't work with 9.1 release. When it's supposed to use again that procedure ?

MC_Prog

MC 9.1 Release and TFEZ15 data from CQG

Postby MC_Prog » 11 Oct 2015

Hi.

I'm having an odd problem with MC 9.1 Release (under Win 10).

I can't pull data from CQG for the TFEZ15 contract. (black screen, No data)

On another machine, Win 8.1, MC 9.0, I can pull the data just fine.

Live account (not demo) in both cases, FWIW.

Any ideas, similar reports, or contrary reports?

wzero

Postby wzero » 13 Oct 2015

As far as I known, you can't set currency type in QuoteManager, thus Multicharts does NOT know DAX is an Euro instrument.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 13 Oct 2015

As far as I known, you can't set currency type in QuoteManager, thus Multicharts does NOT know DAX is an Euro instrument.
That's true "wzero" but you can set Euro as your preferred currency in the Trading TAB from Preferences as showed in my picture (left bottom side).
File > Preferences > Trading > Currency Options > Preferred Currency: EUR
That should set all your trading performance in EUR as default currency

wzero

Postby wzero » 13 Oct 2015

I guess Multicharts treats every instruments as USD based and convert P/L from USD to EUR as you set in the preferences.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 13 Oct 2015

I guess Multicharts treats every instruments as USD based and convert P/L from USD to EUR as you set in the preferences.
I don't think it is as you described because the Trade Performance Report (as showed in my picture in post #7 http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... 89#p117519)
shows the correct result in €. If it is by default in USD, it should use a cross conversion not Eur/USD but USD/Eur. This way 100$ set by default, become 112.74€ and NOT 88.69€, or whatever the cross is that day

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC 9.1 Release and TFEZ15 data from CQG

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Oct 2015

Hello MC_Prog,

In MultiCharts please go to File->New->QuoteManager Window.
In QuoteManager Window go to Tools->Data Sources->CQG->Settings->disable the option “Use External Data”. Then close the QuoteManager and MultiCharts.
Make sure that no processes with MultiCharts in Description remain in Task Manager -> Processes (Win7) or Details (Win8) tab:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes
After that is done please start MultiCharts.
Plot a chart for TFEZ15 and reload it (Ctrl+R).
You should be able to get the data now.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 13 Oct 2015

Yes, that solved it. Thank you!

What is the meaning of that 'External Historical Data' checkbox?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Oct 2015

The issue has been resolved by setting the currency to EUR for both custom futures and individual futures in QuoteManager, then redoing the symbol mapping.

Henry MultiСharts

The procedure to downsize the QM database with Gbak was suspended for Multicharts 9.1 beta, so I suppose that it won't work with 9.1 release. When it's supposed to use again that procedure ?
The updated modules and instructions for version 9.1 have been posted in the wiki:How to Reduce Database Size.

Henry MultiСharts

Yes, that solved it. Thank you!

What is the meaning of that 'External Historical Data' checkbox?
"External Historical Data" enabled = historical data from CQG Web API (less historical data).
"External Historical Data" disabled = historical data from CQG COM API (more historical data).

tkrol01

Postby tkrol01 » 18 Oct 2015

I installed the 9.1 Release this evening and it all seemed to be successful, however, now when I go to open MC after the install, I get the error message: "The Studies folder cannot be accessed at the specified location. Please make sure you have the read/write permissions for this folder or contact your system adminstrator." Multicharts then fails to loads. I've restarted the computer to see if this had any effect and no such luck. I tried to go back to version 9.0, but couldn't do that either.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 19 Oct 2015

This morning I've a big problem with the DOM
I've placed some orders by the DOM, but nothing appears on the DOM window, so I've thought that was a PC problem or MC session problem and I've close all, but a message appears to me telling that there were some pending orders. So I've cancelled them by the O&P Tracker window by the Order tab. I've tried a second time to Start Multicharts and place some orders, but in the DOM window nothing again but the O&P tracker window showed the orders. There were no way to act by the DOM, no possibility to cancel the orders. The only way was by the Order & Position tracker window / TAB Orders.
Take a look at the short video demonstration in the URL below.

https://vid.me/Ro88

CrazyNasdaq

I've placed some orders by the DOM, but nothing appears on the DOM window, so I've thought that was a PC problem or MC session problem and I've close all, but a message appears to me telling that there were some pending orders. So I've cancelled them by the O&P Tracker window by the Order tab. I've tried a second time to Start Multicharts and place some orders, but in the DOM window nothing again but the O&P tracker window showed the orders. There were no way to act by the DOM, no possibility to cancel the orders. The only way was by the Order & Position tracker window / TAB Orders.

It seems to be solved by a shutdown of all windows processes and a new Boot of Windows. I hope it won't happened again

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2015

I installed the 9.1 Release this evening and it all seemed to be successful, however, now when I go to open MC after the install, I get the error message: "The Studies folder cannot be accessed at the specified location. Please make sure you have the read/write permissions for this folder or contact your system adminstrator." Multicharts then fails to loads. I've restarted the computer to see if this had any effect and no such luck. I tried to go back to version 9.0, but couldn't do that either.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
The issue has been resolved by enabling full access to the specified folder for the current Windows user.

CrazyNasdaq

It seems to be solved by a shutdown of all windows processes and a new Boot of Windows. I hope it won't happened again
It has happened again and now a new boot of windows (I've booted 2 times) doesn't solve the problem. The orders don't appear on the DOM and there is no way to manage them form the DOM window. It's impossible for me to work.
New video
https://vid.me/CFdJ

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2015

It has happened again and now a new boot of windows (I've booted 2 times) doesn't solve the problem. The orders don't appear on the DOM and there is no way to manage them form the DOM window. It's impossible for me to work.
New video
https://vid.me/CFdJ
The issue was in the symbol mapping line "Paper Trader data feed" to "Paper Trader broker" which is incorrect and should not be present. In case it happens again - please let us know the steps for replicating such symbol mapping line.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 03 Nov 2015

Hello SP,

This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts 9.1 Release 2.
Is there any ETA on this being released?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Nov 2015

Hello SP,

Is there any ETA on this being released?
Hello Geoff,

There is no ETA at the moment.

snoop

Postby snoop » 04 Nov 2015

You deleted my post...

I resolved the issue with CQG after downgrading to version 9.0, but my issue with version 9.1 build 11815 remains. The application does not sutdown properly and hangs endlessly. Has this been experienced by others?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Nov 2015

You deleted my post...

I resolved the issue with CQG after downgrading to version 9.0, but my issue with version 9.1 build 11815 remains. The application does not sutdown properly and hangs endlessly. Has this been experienced by others?
Hello snoop,

We apologize for erroneously removing your previous post.
As for the issue you have with MC 9.1 - such behavior has not been reported by other users. We need to have the dumps for this occurrence. When MultiCharts freezes or enters "Not Responding" state please leave it running (do not end any processes).
Go to Start->All programs->MultiCharts64 ->LogsCollector.
The tool will collect the logs, create dump files, zip them and upload to our FTP.
Please let us know when you upload the dumps by sending an email to support@multicharts.com and we will forward them to our engineers for analysis.
If the file cannot be uploaded automatically (it may happens due of system security restrictions / firewall) - please manually upload it to any file sharing hosting and send us the download link.

After that is done you can end the processes and restart MultiCharts.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Nov 2015

MultiCharts 9.1 Release 2 builds 12009/12010 is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.

seneca

Postby seneca » 20 Nov 2015

After update to Release 2 memory consumption on my end increased significantly (see attached pic).
Attachments
taskmgr.jpg
(31.86 KiB) Downloaded 14426 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Nov 2015

After update to Release 2 memory consumption on my end increased significantly (see attached pic).
Hello seneca,

What is the difference in application utilization since installing the update?
What is the scenario of replicating this behavior?
Is there auto trading/manual trading/backtesting/forward testing/playback/optimization running?
How long did it take to get this amount of memory utilized?
How often is this memory usage replicated - is memory amount usage the same each time you start MultiCharts?
Have you tried isolating the source of this behavior?

seneca

Postby seneca » 23 Nov 2015

Hi Henry,
What is the difference in application utilization since installing the update?
Before the update, the MultiCharts64.exe process utilized around 500 - 600 MB.

What is the scenario of replicating this behavior?
Just starting one or more instances of MC64, running some few minute charts including custom futures, some few simple indicators. No tick charts. No fancy stuff at all.

Is there auto trading/manual trading/backtesting/forward testing/playback/optimization running?
No.

How long did it take to get this amount of memory utilized?
About 2 -3 minutes after starting MultiCharts. It seems that after this period memory utilization stays constant (or increases very slowly, I've not tested it yet for a longer period).

How often is this memory usage replicated - is memory amount usage the same each time you start MultiCharts?
The issue showed on every start since the update. For a given set of workspaces the memory utilization is constant.

Have you tried isolating the source of this behavior?
I did not change anything except for the update to R2. So the issue seems to be directly related to the update.

If required, I can send you my workspaces and indicators for further analysis.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Nov 2015

Hello seneca,

Thank you for the information. Please send us the workspaces and studies you are using for replicating this behavior to support@multicharts.com. Please also attach a screenshot of Control Panel\System and Security\System or right click on the Computer icon and select properties.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 25 Nov 2015

MultiCharts64 Version 9.1 Release 2 (Build 12010)
Problems with CQG and reload data.
If you reload data from CQG with live account CQG loses last 3 or 4 minutes of tick data.
Attached there are my CQG settings and a video of the problem

Video
https://vimeo.com/146922997

CQG settings

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2015

If you reload data from CQG with live account CQG loses last 3 or 4 minutes of tick data.

Video

CQG settings
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

As we are aware there has been a temporary issue on the CQG servers which has been already resolved.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 27 Nov 2015

Video

CQG settings
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

As we are aware there has been a temporary issue on the CQG servers which has been already resolved.
Hi Henry,
the problem seems to be still there on the same way of the video I've posted.
The only way to solve is to use Web API (flag "External Historical data" in CQG settings in QM), but this way the reload of historical data not work properly all the times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2015

Video

CQG settings
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Hi Henry,
The only way to solve is to use Web API (flag "External Historical data" in CQG settings in QM), but this way the reload of historical data not work properly all the times
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

The video cannot be loaded. Please specify the exact instrument, resolution, quote field, time in Exchange time zone for the missing bars.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 27 Nov 2015

Video

CQG settings
Hi Henry,
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

The video cannot be loaded. Please specify the exact instrument, resolution, quote field, time in Exchange time zone for the missing bars.
The instrument is DAX (DDZ15), but same problem on YMZ15 or other instruments. Resolution "1 tick bar", Quote field "trade", Time "Exchange time zone" that is the same as here in ITALY, so the time zone is "LOCAL".
You can watch the video simply with a click on the link. The discussion Forum doesn't permit me to load a video file.
Link to video file in HD format https://vimeo.com/146922997

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 01 Dec 2015

The time display bug on tick charts is still present in release 2.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48839#p116919

wzero

Postby wzero » 01 Dec 2015

I also have some problem with CQG TFE and QO historical data. What's the "External Historical data" flag used for? What's the default value?
Hi Henry,

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Dec 2015

The time display bug on tick charts is still present in release 2.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48839#p116919
Hello Geoff,

We apologize for that. The fix is targeted to the next version now.

tcat

Postby tcat » 02 Dec 2015

backfilling.png
Backfilling really?
(23.75 KiB) Downloaded 14326 times
Why is 9.1 build 12010 backfilling when in offline mode?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Dec 2015

backfilling.png
Why is 9.1 build 12010 backfilling when in offline mode?
Hello tcat,

In Offline mode Backfilling means loading the data from the database.

Henry MultiСharts

I also have some problem with CQG TFE and QO historical data. What's the "External Historical data" flag used for? What's the default value?
Hello wzero,

Please see post #19 above.

Henry MultiСharts

The instrument is DAX (DDZ15), but same problem on YMZ15 or other instruments. Resolution "1 tick bar", Quote field "trade", Time "Exchange time zone" that is the same as here in ITALY, so the time zone is "LOCAL".
You can watch the video simply with a click on the link. The discussion Forum doesn't permit me to load a video file.
Link to video file in HD format https://vimeo.com/146922997
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

We were informed that the issue has been resolved. Please check it on your end.

monexx

Postby monexx » 07 Dec 2015

Hello,
I use MC 9.1 release2.

I often have problems with CQG data.

Today, after reload gap on EUROfx.

Attached screenshot:
Attachments
EUROfx data gap.jpg
(724.17 KiB) Downloaded 14343 times

monexx

Postby monexx » 07 Dec 2015

Hello,
I use MC 9.1 release2.

I often have problems with CQG data.

Today, after reload gap on EUROfx.

Attached screenshot:
After half an hour it fixed.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 26 Jan 2016

An issue with volume profile display is still present.

If the Volume Profile is set for x number of bars the Bid ask numbers are not properly visible untill several new bars have formed even though space can be allowed with a margin.
ES13.png
(31.81 KiB) Downloaded 14193 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jan 2016

An issue with volume profile display is still present.

If the Volume Profile is set for x number of bars the Bid ask numbers are not properly visible untill several new bars have formed even though space can be allowed with a margin.
ES13.png
Hello jl12,

Please make sure you have the "Total Volume" not set to Invisible under the Volume Profile settings.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 27 Jan 2016

Henry the problem persists with Volume shown

see attachment
ES15.png
(29.55 KiB) Downloaded 14251 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jan 2016

Henry the problem persists with Volume shown

see attachment
ES15.png
Ok we'll see if there is a way to have that corrected in one of the future versions.

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Feb 2016

Will we see in the next version the Realized P/L and Total P/L added to the Accounts in OPT?

Attachments
pnl02.png
(13.09 KiB) Downloaded 16182 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Feb 2016

Will we see in the next version the Realized P/L and Total P/L added to the Accounts in OPT?

Hello arnie,

This is not something that is in our to-do list at the moment.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 14 Feb 2016

Speaking of the OPT, I would love to see the Trade Summary page operate correctly while there is a position open.

Currently (at least for me, and completely consistently) the Trade Summary page operates well when I am completely flat, but produces nonsense whenever a position is open (this is with CQG/AMP, if that matters).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Feb 2016

Speaking of the OPT, I would love to see the Trade Summary page operate correctly while there is a position open.

Currently (at least for me, and completely consistently) the Trade Summary page operates well when I am completely flat, but produces nonsense whenever a position is open (this is with CQG/AMP, if that matters).
Hello MC_Prog,

This is something that will be improved in the upcoming MultiCharts 9.1 Release 3.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 16 Feb 2016

Thanks Henry! Sounds good.

Re: the OPT Positions History display, a few more minor comments -

I don't find either the zero or non-zero Average Prices to be of any use. I'd prefer to see the EntryPrice and ExitPrice instead (column could be called Trade Price).

Also, $0 used for the Realized P/L on the trade entry lines battles visually with $0 that appears on trade exit lines when the trade was exited at Breakeven.

Since an entry does not really have a Realized P/L (yet), I think a blank cell would be better on the entry lines.

Finally, an option to filter out the entry lines entirely to just see a list of closed trade outcomes would be nice.

FWIW ... Cheers!
Attachments
Pos_Hist_02.png
(23.99 KiB) Downloaded 15975 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Feb 2016

Thanks Henry! Sounds good.

Re: the OPT Positions History display, a few more minor comments -

I don't find either the zero or non-zero Average Prices to be of any use. I'd prefer to see the EntryPrice and ExitPrice instead (column could be called Trade Price).

Also, $0 used for the Realized P/L on the trade entry lines battles visually with $0 that appears on trade exit lines when the trade was exited at Breakeven.

Since an entry does not really have a Realized P/L (yet), I think a blank cell would be better on the entry lines.

Finally, an option to filter out the entry lines entirely to just see a list of closed trade outcomes would be nice.

FWIW ... Cheers!
Hello MC_Prog,

We are going to remove the 0.0 Average Price value for Flat position lines in the next major platform update. As for your other suggestions - they require significant changes in the Positions History mechanics. Before we evaluate adding it in the future we would like to see the user demand for such improvements. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 18 Feb 2016

Hello,

Is there a way to plot and trade CFD indexes from FCXM broker. I know we've to subscribe MCFX for FXCM forex data feed but I've no idea for fxcm cfd's.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Feb 2016

Hello,

Is there a way to plot and trade CFD indexes from FCXM broker. I know we've to subscribe MCFX for FXCM forex data feed but I've no idea for fxcm cfd's.
Hello mickatrade,

There is no way to do that.

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 19 Feb 2016

Ok thanks for the reply.

arnie

Postby arnie » 24 Feb 2016

Don't know if this is a bug or was meant to be this way but when we close MC with the attached DOM disconnected from the broker, when we open it again the DOM automatically connects itself.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Feb 2016

Don't know if this is a bug or was meant to be this way but when we close MC with the attached DOM disconnected from the broker, when we open it again the DOM automatically connects itself.
Hello arnie,

This behavior is by design.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2016

MultiCharts 9.1 Release 3 builds 12410/12411 is out now!
Go to the download page

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Feb 2016

Go to the download page
For the IB user, do we still need to apply the IB Updater?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2016

Go to the download page
For the IB user, do we still need to apply the IB Updater?
Hello TJ,

No, it is already included into MultiCharts 9.1 Release 3 installer.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 29 Feb 2016

How to create a Custom future with the new release for symbol which don't have "normal" letters for single expiration date ?

WeBank with FTSE MIB Future >> FIB which is:

FIB March = symbol FIB6C
FIB June = symbol FIB6F
FIB September = symbol FIB6I
FIB December =symbol FIB6L

As shown in New release chart /data handling
*Improved Custom Futures support for symbols with “root + year digit + month letter” names. Example: FIB6C.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Mar 2016

How to create a Custom future with the new release for symbol which don't have "normal" letters for single expiration date ?

FIB March = symbol FIB6C
FIB June = symbol FIB6F

*Improved Custom Futures support for symbols with “root + year digit + month letter” names. Example: FIB6C.
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Please find the qmd file with the individual futures and custom futures for FIB attached.
Attachments
FTSE MIB Future FIB.zip
(28.59 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

SP

Postby SP » 02 Mar 2016

The Bund Future DOM (FGBL MAR 16) shows most of the time wrong best bid and best ask sizes compared to the Booktrader.
Attachments
Wrong Bid Ask.jpg
(44.29 KiB) Downloaded 14149 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Mar 2016

The Bund Future DOM (FGBL MAR 16) shows most of the time wrong best bid and best ask sizes compared to the Booktrader.
Hello SP,

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 11 am EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely to our engineers. We will do our best to help you.

monexx

Postby monexx » 04 Mar 2016

Hello,
On March 1. I updated on MC9.1 release 3
I use real account AMP / dataCQG.
Since then I noticed every day several times a loss of connection to the broker.
Today I lost money because they did not respond stoploss. (Using manual trading OCObracket-orders). On the platform was shown stoploss, but the price through it accurately and stoploss inactive. Price was moving very slowly(no gap).Instrument:Crude oil(CLEJ16).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Mar 2016

Hello,
Since then I noticed every day several times a loss of connection to the broker.
Today I lost money because they did not respond stoploss. (Using manual trading OCObracket-orders). On the platform was shown stoploss, but the price through it accurately and stoploss inactive. Price was moving very slowly(no gap).Instrument:Crude oil(CLEJ16).
Hello monexx,

Do you mean your stop loss was inactive like on the screenshot at this page?

monexx

Hello,
Hello monexx,

No, it was not a semi transparent order but transparent, has attached bracket stop-loss exit strategy for the open positions. Price normally passed through stoploss but stoploss did not respond.

monexx

Hello,
Hello monexx,

No, it was not a semi transparent order but transparent, has attached bracket stop-loss exit strategy for the open positions. Price normally passed through stoploss but stoploss did not respond.
I forgot to write that before I moved him to breakeven.

Henry MultiСharts

I'm not sure I am following. Please describe your case according to the screenshot from this page or attach your own full-sized screenshot with the setup you had.

monexx

I'm not sure I am following. Please describe your case according to the screenshot from this page or attach your own full-sized screenshot with the setup you had.
when I attached bracket orders to an open position,
so sound is approximately 10 times repeated orders submitted.

Attached screenshot:
Attachments
StopLoss issue.jpg
(538 KiB) Downloaded 14164 times

Henry MultiСharts

when I attached bracket orders to an open position,
so sound is approximately 10 times repeated orders submitted.

Attached screenshot:
monexx, please send us the following information for analysis of this case to support@multicharts.com:
1) In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel. Highlight the order in question.
2) Upload MultiCharts logs. In MultiCharts go to Help->Feedback->Send logs. If you want to send the logs manually please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs

monexx

After this issue, I restarted platform because I was doing other trades
and I wanted to minimize other problems.
Does it make sense anyway?

Henry MultiСharts

Yes, please send us the export of the Orders and Logs tab from the Order and position tracker + MultiCharts logs.

monexx

Postby monexx » 05 Mar 2016

Yes, please send us the export of the Orders and Logs tab from the Order and position tracker + MultiCharts logs.
Hello Henry,
I sent it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2016

MultiCharts 9.1 Release 4 builds 12586/12587 is out now!
Go to the download page

wzero

Postby wzero » 12 Apr 2016

"Now the status line values “Open, High, PrevClose, Volume” for OANDA are calculated by MultiCharts by requesting last 2 daily bars."
This fixed the problem that Oanda "% chg" can not be displayed in watch list. Thanks.
Interactive Brokers forex has the same problem "% chg" is blank, can you apply the same fix to IB forex instruments as well?

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 13 Apr 2016

Hello,
Thanks for the new release.
I've a suggestion for future versions of MC.
I think MC needs a Market Depth window for stocks trading, the actual DOM is great for Future or Forex trading. But for stocks trading, it's difficult to focus on the DOM when prices move out of range frequently and the DOM has to refresh (spread can be wide on stocks).
The idea is to add a new window, where we'll be able to see the L2. If it's possible , we'll have a trading area with custom buttons to open orders, close postions,load custom sizes etc ...
[+] Here are some examples of Market Depth and L2 windows
Colmex plateform

TS

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Apr 2016

"Now the status line values “Open, High, PrevClose, Volume” for OANDA are calculated by MultiCharts by requesting last 2 daily bars."
This fixed the problem that Oanda "% chg" can not be displayed in watch list. Thanks.
Interactive Brokers forex has the same problem "% chg" is blank, can you apply the same fix to IB forex instruments as well?
We are going to add this feature in the next version of MultiCharts (10.0).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Apr 2016

Hello,
Thanks for the new release.
I've a suggestion for future versions of MC.
I think MC needs a Market Depth window for stocks trading, the actual DOM is great for Future or Forex trading. But for stocks trading, it's difficult to focus on the DOM when prices move out of range frequently and the DOM has to refresh (spread can be wide on stocks).
The idea is to add a new window, where we'll be able to see the L2. If it's possible , we'll have a trading area with custom buttons to open orders, close postions,load custom sizes etc ...
[+] Here are some examples of Market Depth and L2 windows
Colmex plateform

TS
Hello mickatrade,

Thank you for your suggestion. Before we evaluate adding it in the future we would like to see the user demand for such functionality. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 14 Apr 2016

Ok Henry,

Here the link for the feature request :

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-2030

The9000

Postby The9000 » 14 Apr 2016

Hi Henry,

The bug from Release 3 addressing the IQFeed data stop in live trading is still prevalent.

I'm using IB Gateway with IQFeed and if I don't reboot the machine between sessions, I won't get any data from IQFeed. And obviously no trades. I run on 2 minute bars from IQ Feed, ~30 symbols, 2 years of history, trading equities, standard NYSE trading hours.

The problem persists with either IB TWS or IB Gateway and I can see MC and IB are connected. However no data from IQFeed will come in unless I reboot. Exiting MC and restarting MC does not resolve the issue.

Tony

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Apr 2016

Hi Henry,

The bug from Release 3 addressing the IQFeed data stop in live trading is still prevalent.

I'm using IB Gateway with IQFeed and if I don't reboot the machine between sessions, I won't get any data from IQFeed. And obviously no trades. I run on 2 minute bars from IQ Feed, ~30 symbols, 2 years of history, trading equities, standard NYSE trading hours.

The problem persists with either IB TWS or IB Gateway and I can see MC and IB are connected. However no data from IQFeed will come in unless I reboot. Exiting MC and restarting MC does not resolve the issue.

Tony
Hello The9000,

Based on your description the issue is not related to MultiCharts. Have you tried exiting the IQfeed Connection Manager/ending its process in the Task Manager and waiting for it to restart and reconnect/restarting it manually without closing MultiCharts?

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 Apr 2016

If we go to Help and choose to check if there's a new update, the browser used to download it is IE.
You should update that. No one uses IE anymore.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Apr 2016

If we go to Help and choose to check if there's a new update, the browser used to download it is IE.
You should update that. No one uses IE anymore.
Hello arnie,

The default Windows components for the download are using IE as the default system browser specified upon installation.

The9000

Postby The9000 » 18 Apr 2016

Hi Henry,

Tony
Hello The9000,

Based on your description the issue is not related to MultiCharts. Have you tried exiting the IQfeed Connection Manager/ending its process in the Task Manager and waiting for it to restart and reconnect/restarting it manually without closing MultiCharts?
On Monday morning, if I start IB Gateway and Portfolio Trader for my live trading, it will not make any trades on Tuesday or any other day of the week if I do not shutdown the computer and restart it. This is with either exiting Portfolio Trader and restarting it or leaving it alone and not doing anything after I initially start it on Monday mornings.

If I restart Portfolio Trader and reactivate live trading, it will read historical data in from IQFeed before calculating the portfolio strategy however it will not place any live trades.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Apr 2016

Hi Henry,

Tony
Hello The9000,

On Monday morning, if I start IB Gateway and Portfolio Trader for my live trading, it will not make any trades on Tuesday or any other day of the week if I do not shutdown the computer and restart it. This is with either exiting Portfolio Trader and restarting it or leaving it alone and not doing anything after I initially start it on Monday mornings.

If I restart Portfolio Trader and reactivate live trading, it will read historical data in from IQFeed before calculating the portfolio strategy however it will not place any live trades.
Hello The9000,

That does not answer my question. Please try my suggestion and write us back.

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 19 Apr 2016

Hello,

Is there a way to modify symbol files (.sm) with a software like Excel ?
I've to change broker parameters for hundreds of symbols but i've to change it one by one .
It would be easier for me to do it under excel.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Apr 2016

Hello,

Is there a way to modify symbol files (.sm) with a software like Excel ?
I've to change broker parameters for hundreds of symbols but i've to change it one by one .
It would be easier for me to do it under excel.
Hello mickatrade,

The symbol mapping export is a binary file which cannot be edited.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 26 Apr 2016

Hello The9000,

Henry - are you indicating the problem is with the IQFeed connection manager and not MC 9.3 ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Apr 2016

Hello The9000,

Henry - are you indicating the problem is with the IQFeed connection manager and not MC 9.3 ?
Hello syswizard,

Yes, this is most likely the issue, according to The9000's description.

The9000

Postby The9000 » 27 Apr 2016

I updated the IQFeed client to the newest version and I would say the problem is now worse.

Yesterday I had no trades executed and I should of had 2 trades executed. I started the instance yesterday morning about 10 minutes before the session started.

I'm using MC64 Portfolio Trader. I opened regular MC64 and opened a chart with IQFeed data. I am getting live data on the chart. However for some reason Portfolio Trader is not executing any trades. It is connected to TWS.

I am going to modify the strategy code tonight to print the close data at the end of every bar so I can ensure MC is getting data from IQFeed.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 27 Apr 2016

I updated the IQFeed client to the newest version and I would say the problem is now worse.

I'm using MC64 Portfolio Trader. I opened regular MC64 and opened a chart with IQFeed data. I am getting live data on the chart. However for some reason Portfolio Trader is not executing any trades. It is connected to TWS.
9000 - to me, this definitely sounds like a problem with MC64 Portfolio Trader.
It seems the Portfolio Trader is not listening to the IQFeed stream.
Are there any configuration options for this ?

The9000

Postby The9000 » 27 Apr 2016

I can't say it's MC64 Portfolio Trader.

I have a python script I wrote that will also stream live data from IQFeed concurrently with Portfolio Trader. I'll watch the output in the editor to see if PT is getting live data from IQFeed as well as from the python script. I added output to the PT strategy to print the order data to make sure PT is generating orders.

It did work well today and all of my trades were executed.

I'm going to let it run overnight and see if I get live data at the beginning of the session tomorrow. Using IB Gateway and letting it run overnight without restarting the instance is guaranteed to cause the behavior.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Apr 2016

The9000, IB Gateway had an issue with the data access. Please download the Latest IB Gateway (956.2a) from the link below for your tests:
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=16454

toch2

Postby toch2 » 30 Apr 2016

...omissis...

Please find the qmd file with the individual futures and custom futures for FIB attached.
Hi Henry,

The qmd file for the custom future FIB (webank data privider) works perfectly.
Could you provide the same thing for the CAC40 french future ?
Symbol root is J-FCE (I'm always speaking about webank data provider).
I wasn't able to create a working custom future for this one, while I got it for dax, stoxx, bund etc...

Thanks
Marco

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 May 2016

...omissis...

Hi Henry,

I wasn't able to create a working custom future for this one, while I got it for dax, stoxx, bund etc...

Thanks
Marco
Hello Marco,

I will ask our engineers to check it for you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 May 2016

Hi Henry,

Thanks
Marco
Hello Marco,

I will ask our engineers to check it for you.
Hello Marco,

Please import the attached reg file corresponding to your version of MultiCharts while all MultiCharts processes are closed to add support for the required instrument. Then import the QMD file with the instruments.
Attachments
Export-WeBank-CAC40-Time.zip
(146.76 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
WeBank-x32-9.1.zip
for 32 bit MultiCharts
(505 Bytes) Downloaded 330 times
WeBank-x64-9.1.zip
for 64 bit MultiCharts
(509 Bytes) Downloaded 346 times

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 08 May 2016

FIB March = symbol FIB6C
FIB June = symbol FIB6F

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Hello everyone , I tried to create the custom future fib with Interactive Brokers , Directa and IWBank but it does not work how can I fix it?
Use all three brokers

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 May 2016

FIB March = symbol FIB6C
FIB June = symbol FIB6F

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Hello everyone , I tried to create the custom future fib with Interactive Brokers , Directa and IWBank but it does not work how can I fix it?
Use all three brokers
Hello fibdax,

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate the issue you have.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 10 May 2016

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate the issue you have.
Hi ,

the symbols are not present in the root
see gif

for example interactive brokers
Attachments
root interactive.jpg
(246.14 KiB) Downloaded 14111 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 May 2016

the symbols are not present in the root
see gif

for example interactive brokers
If required symbol root is not present in the dictionary then you need to add it manually in order to be able to build a custom futures
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... or_Futures

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Dec 2016

Return to “MultiCharts”