Is there a way to make a calculation only once  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CrazyNasdaq

Is there a way to make a calculation only once

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 30 Jan 2016

I'm wondering if there is a way to get an input from and external file as I get with ADE or EL collections but not on every tick of the chart but only once the workspace is open.
For example execute a functions A or B if the file exist, but only at the open of the workspace and NOT on every tick coming.
I already get this but on every tick and this way the calculation of the indicator is too long because of the loop of the function on every tick. I just need it once every time I open the Workspace with that indicator.

TJ

Re: Is there a way to make a calculation only once  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 30 Jan 2016

I'm wondering if there is a way to get an input from and external file as I get with ADE or EL collections but not on every tick of the chart but only once the workspace is open.
For example execute a functions A or B if the file exist, but only at the open of the workspace and NOT on every tick coming.
I already get this but on every tick and this way the calculation of the indicator is too long because of the loop of the function on every tick. I just need it once every time I open the Workspace with that indicator.
Look up the keyword:

ONCE

Return to “MultiCharts”