How to get Sess1StartTime and Sess1EndTime to work?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RobotMan

How to get Sess1StartTime and Sess1EndTime to work?

Postby RobotMan » 19 Apr 2007

I have a lot of indicators that I wrote in TS2000i tha use Sess1StartTime and Sess1EndTime. For the life of me, I cannot get them to work in MC. I have tried fiddling around with Quote Manager session times and templates, reloading charts, closing and opening MC and nothing seems to solve the problem. I have searched this forum and can only find one vague reference. I'm sure that others have had to solve this problem, because Many indicators have to be reset at the open or close, not at midnite. any direction or help? Do I have to go through every indicator I use and change the time to an actual numeric?

Thanks!
Bob Perry

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 24 Apr 2007

I can't believe no one has ever had a need for these two reserved words and is not having problems right now using them. Maybe people using MC just dont' do sophisticated enough programming with EL to worry about such things. In my mind, I'm thinking there must be an easy fix that is done in the quote manager, but evidently, I'm mistaken and everyone must be set up from the get-go with correct session times and MC, (on your machine), just goes in and automatically knows a session starts at 9:30 eastern and closes at 4:15 eastern for the RTH on e-minis, and these reserved words always work for you (and) what is this guy talking about??...
But I also notice that a lot of questions go unanswered in this forum and I should just not expect too much. MC seems like a nice program and has a lot of potential, maybe just not ready yet... Maybe I should come back in a year and try again.

Thanks for any help!
Bob Perry

Kate

Postby Kate » 24 Apr 2007

Bob,

Could you send me some indicators with Sess1StartTime and Sess1EndTime to tokareva@tssupport.com and our responsible developer will check what can be done to make them work in MultiCharts?

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 24 Apr 2007

Thanks for replying, Kate. I sent a detailed email with attachments to the email address you gave me.

Sincerely,
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 04 May 2007

For archival purposes that can be searched later by others with this problem; Kate got back to me and suggested I use Sess2StartTime and Sess2EndTime. I created an indicator:
If time>=Sess2StartTime and time<=Sess2EndTime then Plot1(0,"condTrue");

It plotted in the charts exactly as intended and I will now go through all my indicators and make the appropriate substitutions.

Thank you, Kate and unamed developer!

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Return to “MultiCharts”