Arrows and ticks crowding chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wullenweber helmut

Arrows and ticks crowding chart  [SOLVED]

Postby wullenweber helmut » 03 Mar 2016

My charts a crowded with ticks and arrows using the chart trader. I am missing style “invisible” for arrow and tick in the chart trader and signals, to have a clean and proper chart to analyse. If I overlook the opportunity to do so, please tell me, otherwise it would be a good feature for the next update of Multicharts. Thank You!

TJ

Re: Arrows and ticks crowding chart

Postby TJ » 03 Mar 2016

My charts a crowded with ticks and arrows using the chart trader. I am missing style “invisible” for arrow and tick in the chart trader and signals, to have a clean and proper chart to analyse. If I overlook the opportunity to do so, please tell me, otherwise it would be a good feature for the next update of Multicharts. Thank You!
Uncheck "Show Historical Orders"

wullenweber helmut

Postby wullenweber helmut » 04 Mar 2016

Uncheck "Show Historical Orders" unfortunately does not clean my chart. Disturbing arrows and ticks are displayed from the signal when autotrading is off.

My kind of trading is, monitoring the market and when I think it is opportune, switching the autotrader on to enter and exit the market with my algorithmic.

So it would be usefull having style “invisible” for arrow and tick in the signals.

P.S.: How can I add the "Format Signal" button to the customized toolbar?

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 Mar 2016

Uncheck "Show Historical Orders" unfortunately does not clean my chart. Disturbing arrows and ticks are displayed from the signal when autotrading is off.

My kind of trading is, monitoring the market and when I think it is opportune, switching the autotrader on to enter and exit the market with my algorithmic.

So it would be usefull having style “invisible” for arrow and tick in the signals.

P.S.: How can I add the "Format Signal" button to the customized toolbar?

If the arrows are from autotrading, then you have to turn off the arrow from the strategy.

Right click on chart,

Format Signals > Status

wullenweber helmut

Postby wullenweber helmut » 08 Mar 2016

@TJ

I like to have the signal with status on, so that I can start autotrading with one mouseclick.
Meanwhile I came up with the idea to embrace the code of the signal with

Code: Select all

if GetAppInfo(aiStrategyAuto) = 1 then
begin
signal code here ...
end;
So the unliked lines, arrows and ticks disapeared, when "show historical orders" in format chart trading in unchecked. The sense of delight was to early: although the described arrangements the executed trades are still marked with arrows and ticks.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Mar 2016

@TJ

I like to have the signal with status on, so that I can start autotrading with one mouseclick.
You can also change the formatting of the arrow and ticks from the signal; the signal doesn't need to be turned off with the Status button.

Right-click the chart, and choose 'Format Signals'. Then select the signal you'd like to change and press 'Format'. Then in the 'Entries' and 'Exits' tabs of the 'Format Signal' window you can change the size, colour, and formatting of the arrows and ticks. The signal label and the order's size can also be turned off there, which might help unclutter the chart further.

In the 'Connecting Line' tab of the 'Format Signal' window you can disable the line that's drawn between the open and close orders, which also removes some 'noise' from the chart.

Return to “MultiCharts”