Windows "Arrange all": What is the rule  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Windows "Arrange all": What is the rule

Postby arjfca » 10 Mar 2016

Hello

What is the rule the for the chart localisation on screen when the Windows "Arrange all" is called

Everytime that I move a chart and ask to arrange it, the desired screen configuration is loss
Attachments
after.png
(92.48 KiB) Downloaded 1192 times
Before.png
(70.21 KiB) Downloaded 1190 times

arnie

Re: Windows "Arrange all": What is the rule

Postby arnie » 10 Mar 2016

Hello

What is the rule the for the chart localisation on screen when the Windows "Arrange all" is called

Everytime that I move a chart and ask to arrange it, the desired screen configuration is loss
by the order you create your charts

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 10 Mar 2016

Hello

by the order you create your charts

Hello Arnie

Move two charts a little bit and "arrange all" won't necessary replace the chart in the same order for me.

Martin

marmun

Re: Windows "Arrange all": What is the rule  [SOLVED]

Postby marmun » 16 Mar 2016

Hello

To obtain the order you want, first create all the charts that you need to be in the Workspace. Then, before selecting 'Arrange All', click on each chart in the following order: (assumes 4 charts but the principle is the same for any number).

1. The first chart you click on will be placed in the bottom right hand corner of the Workspace.
2. The next chart you click on will be placed above it.
3. The third chart you click on will be placed in the bottom left hand corner of the Workspace.
4. The last chart will be placed above that.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 16 Mar 2016

Hello

To obtain the order you want, first create all the charts that you need to be in the Workspace. Then, before selecting 'Arrange All', click on each chart in the following order: (assumes 4 charts but the principle is the same for any number).

1. The first chart you click on will be placed in the bottom right hand corner of the Workspace.
3. The third chart you click on will be placed in the bottom left hand corner of the Workspace.
Interesting, will try that as soon as I can

Martin

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 16 Mar 2016

Hello

It work many thanks
Attachments
2016-03-16_09h57_33.png
(155.33 KiB) Downloaded 1182 times

evdl

Postby evdl » 16 Mar 2016

To elaborate on the topic:

Does someone know how it works with "arrange horizontally" or "arrange vertically".

I use version MC 9.0 and I never could get above to arrange my charts the way I want.

The charts are vertically arranged next to each other. So I can not use "arrange all".

For example, every new startup of MC, the size of the charts are a bit off. But there are still in the right order. I usually adjust the size manually so the charts touch each other again. With the above option it will change the order of the charts everytime.

marmun

Postby marmun » 16 Mar 2016

To elaborate on the topic:

Does someone know how it works with "arrange horizontally" or "arrange vertically".

I use version MC 9.0 and I never could get above to arrange my charts the way I want.

The charts are vertically arranged next to each other. So I can not use "arrange all".

For example, every new startup of MC, the size of the charts are a bit off. But there are still in the right order. I usually adjust the size manually so the charts touch each other again. With the above option it will change the order of the charts everytime.
I'm not sure that I've fully understood the problem you're having but my observations are:

1. As far as I can tell, unlike 'arrange all', the chart order of 'arrange vertically' and 'arrange horizontally' is determined by the order in which the charts were first added.

2. The order doesn't change. Even if you first click the charts in random order and select arrange all (or manually move them around and/or manually resize them etc.) - selecting arrange vertically/horizontally afterwards will still restore the charts in their original order.

3. I'm using MC 9.1 and restarts of MC do not result in the charts being 'a bit off'.

4. If that is only happening in MC 9.0, then you could try what is described in '1' above (i.e. clicking on 'arrange all' and then 'arrange vertically' should restore the charts in their original order, size and alignment. Then they should no longer be 'a bit off' - without you having to manually adjust their sizes so that they touch each other. That's what happens in MC 9.1 x64

evdl

Postby evdl » 17 Mar 2016

My situation is that I use remote desktop to login to the server on which MC is running. Sometimes I work from laptops or from another desktop pc with remote desktop or directly on the server. All have different monitor settings and multi monitor setup (except for the laptops).

The charts not aligning sometimes, can have to do with remote desktop to login to the server.

Point 2 can be the main problem, because once I set the desired order of charts manually. And the charts are not aligning anymore (space between them). There is no good way to repair the aligning with the current "arrange vertically" or "arrange horizontally". Because this will arrange the order of charts to which chart was added first unlike the way "arrange all" works.

Probably will have to create the charts again and keep in mind the order which to add first and last.

Thanks Marmun.

marmun

Postby marmun » 18 Mar 2016

Point 2 can be the main problem, because once I set the desired order of charts manually. And the charts are not aligning anymore (space between them). There is no good way to repair the aligning with the current "arrange vertically" or "arrange horizontally". Because this will arrange the order of charts to which chart was added first unlike the way "arrange all" works.

Probably will have to create the charts again and keep in mind the order which to add first and last.
Yes, Point 2 is why your manual rearrangement is not maintained.

Rather than creating the charts again (which might be quite a laborious process if you have many indicators and drawings etc.), it would be quicker to create a new Workspace. Then use the 'Copy Window/Paste Window' options under the File menu to copy the charts from the old Workspace , in the new desired order, and then select Arrange Vertically.

Return to “MultiCharts”