Wrong precision on one instrument only  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Wrong precision on one instrument only

Postby arjfca » 25 Feb 2016

Edit: I initially provided the wrong picture

Hello

6 Workspaces opened with 3 charts of the same instruments using 3 differents scale in each.

All of them (18 charts) use the same indicators. All of them has the precision to 5 digits and indicators are set to use the same scale has of the instrument

One of the indicator is use to display data in the data windows. The data is well see has the precision is always kept to the 5 digit

One problem is with the USD.CAD. The precision vary from 2 digit to fives. I did
- Erase history, kill and reload Usd.Cad from the Quote Manager
- Kill my workspace, copy another one, rename and reset the proper instrument
- Recheck all precisions from the indicators

I did work for a while then the problem was back

Any idea?
Martin
Attachments
2016-02-24_12h46_22.png
(99.34 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
2016-02-25_08h47_42.png
(75.58 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
5_USD_CAD_1H.wsp
(299.57 KiB) Downloaded 244 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Wrong precision on one instrument only

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Mar 2016

Hello Martin,

Please go to Format->Study->Format the indicator you are having issue with->Scaling->select "Same as instrument". If you need a different scaling type - then select "No of digits after decimal". If you still have the issue - please send me the study you are using or a sample code that will replicate similar behavior.

arjfca

Re: Wrong precision on one instrument only  [SOLVED]

Postby arjfca » 08 Mar 2016

Hello Martin,

Please go to Format->Study->Format the indicator you are having issue with->Scaling->select "Same as instrument". If you need a different scaling type - then select "No of digits after decimal". If you still have the issue - please send me the study you are using or a sample code that will replicate similar behavior.
Hello

I just resolved the problem and it maybe a bug in MC

An indicator that is set to be in "Hide mode" is not ruled by the precision degit set in the indicator setup if set to be "Same as Instrument"

So to resolve the problem, I set the indicator to everything except the "Same as instrument"
Since the indicator in hide mode, this does not affect the chart appearance

This is valid only for the indicator used in Hide mode.

Martin
Attachments
2016-03-08_08h06_58.png
(51.77 KiB) Downloaded 504 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Mar 2016

Hello Martin,

Hello

An indicator that is set to be in "Hide mode" is not ruled by the precision degit set in the indicator setup if set to be "Same as Instrument"

So to resolve the problem, I set the indicator to everything except the "Same as instrument"

Martin
Hello Martin,

I was unable to replicate this behavior on my end. If you still can have it replicated - please send me the study you are using or a sample code that will replicate similar behavior.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 17 Mar 2016

Hello Martin,

Hello

Martin
Hello Martin,

I was unable to replicate this behavior on my end. If you still can have it replicated - please send me the study you are using or a sample code that will replicate similar behavior.
Hello Henry

Look on my first post, the workspace file is there

The indicator is Data_Window_6. It should be in hide mode

This indicator show some data in the Data Window. I want the data to be display using a fix # of digits. When I set the hidden mode and select the scale to be "same as instrument", the # of digit will fluctuate. When i set it not to be the same of the instrument, I could select the precision and the data will be display the way that I want

If you want we may organise a Team Viewer session so you can see it

Martin
Attachments
5_Usd_Cad_1H.wsp
(331.42 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

Return to “MultiCharts”