Sync real strategy when modified

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tradingest

Sync real strategy when modified

Postby tradingest » 19 Apr 2016

Hi all,

I have modified the strategy while the position was open but when I have modified the strategy in PL editor the stop have been cancelled and not recalculate. How I can make to recalculate the stoploss if the position is open yet?

Thanks,
tradingest

CrazyNasdaq

Re: Sync real strategy when modified

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 19 Apr 2016

Hi all,

I have modified the strategy while the position was open but when I have modified the strategy in PL editor the stop have been cancelled and not recalculate. How I can make to recalculate the stoploss if the position is open yet?

Thanks,
tradingest
Hi tradingest,
you are writing many of your questions not in the proper section. This is the "User contributed Studies and Indicator Library" not the main forum of Multicharts.
Please post your question in the proper section of this forum http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewforum.php?f=1
In this section you can share your studies or indicators or strategies with other members of the forum.

tradingest

Postby tradingest » 19 Apr 2016

Hi,

if you want you can answer on my question.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Apr 2016

Hi,

When auto trading is initially started/restarted in SA mode - the strategy position is flat (zero). If you have an open position at the broker and you want your strategy to continue managing this position - you need to feed this position to the strategy.
If you are trading one instrument using a single strategy/chart only – this can be done automatically.
If you need to split the current position across multiple strategies/charts – you need to specify the position manually for each strategy next time you turn on the auto trading.

Please also keep in mind that only the open position information is synchronized (direction, amount of contracts, avg entry price), active price orders you have at broker cannot be synchronized. It means you need to manually cancel the active orders at broker and if conditions for generating these orders are met - the auto trading will place them.

There are multiple ways to synchronize the strategy position with the open position at broker.
Please refer to our Wiki section to learn the difference:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... r_Settings

Return to “MultiCharts”