Pre-scanner and Watchlist resolution question  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
darob

Pre-scanner and Watchlist resolution question

Postby darob » 26 Apr 2016

Hi, I'm pre-scanning 15 min resolution and use 3 min res on the watchlist to time entries, but when opening the workspace the watchlist loads 15 min, it doesn't save the setting between sessions. Is this normal behavior?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Pre-scanner and Watchlist resolution question

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Apr 2016

Hello darob,

This behavior means you have the option "and select Top/Bottom instruments based on" enabled in the Pre-Scanner and the instruments are filtered upon opening the workspace.

darob

Postby darob » 27 Apr 2016

Hi Henry, when you uncheck that the watchlist doesn't update at all, which defeats the purpose of the pre-scanner unless I'm fundamentally misunderstanding something (always a possibility!).

I have to change the resolution manually on updated securities in the watchlist during the session too. This can't be the intended behavior, can it?

darob

Postby darob » 28 Apr 2016

It's finally sunk in that the resolution of the pre-scan and the watchlist needs to be the same for this to work so I've rescripted the pre-scanner filter to take a longer view of 3 min bars.

I'm unclear on the multiple resolutions the wiki page refers to. If you could point me to an example of an automated scanner workflow that uses them I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Pre-scanner and Watchlist resolution question  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Apr 2016

Hello darob,

You can have different resolutions for the same symbol in the prescanner, as well as in the watchlist. One resolution can satisfy the specified criteria, the other one can satisfy it not. When "and select" is checked, all the instruments with respective resolution that satisfy the scanning conditions will be copied from Pre-Scanning part of the Scanner into the Watchlist part of the Scanner.

Attachments
scanner.png
(29.12 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”