Chart Scaling Issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sparkz

Chart Scaling Issue

Postby sparkz » 28 Apr 2007

I don't know if this is a known issue but I'd be grateful if this could be looked into as it can be quite disconcerting.

What I've noticed is when there are two indicators sharing the same sub-chart, both linear in this case. When you scroll along the x-axis they will rescale to fit in the action but unfortunately they don't seem to scale the same resulting in a chart which is sometimes way off (see attached files). If you're using an overlayed indicator for entry/exit purposes this can be quite disasterous.

This can be shown with any two indicators if they have some difference in the Y-axis.

Thanks
Mark
Attachments
MC1.JPG
This doesn't show the indicators aligned properly
(233.59 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
MC2.JPG
A couple of bars along this is how it should be
(235.85 KiB) Downloaded 558 times

denizen2

Re: Chart Scaling Issue

Postby denizen2 » 28 Apr 2007

I don't know if this is a known issue but I'd be grateful if this could be looked into as it can be quite disconcerting.
Mark
This is a 'known' issue. See recent topic: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3546

But, in the meantime, you might get acceptable plotting behavior for price-based indicators that are superimposed on the symbol price data. It is imperative that you have checked the indicator properties for scaling of the indicator to be 'scaled the same as the symbol'.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 29 Apr 2007

denizen2, thanks for that. Sounds like a long wait for a fix though (2.2)!

Return to “MultiCharts”