returning values "exactly n days ago" & "

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ybfjax

returning values "exactly n days ago" & "

Postby ybfjax » 27 Apr 2007

I was wondering if you can return a value exactly from the nth day? For example, I want the close exactly 10 days ago (not bars, actual calender or trading days).

Also, could you look over a period n days ago and return a value? For example, over the past 20 days (not bars) I want the lowest open.

Please advise.
Last edited by ybfjax on 28 Apr 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 27 Apr 2007

It's not possible by default. I have heard that somebody made it possible via dll but I'm not sure.

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 01 May 2007

Does multicharts support these functions?

HighD()
Gets the High price from N days ago in an intraday chart (minute or tick).
LowD()
Gets the Low price from N days ago in an intraday chart (minute or tick).
CloseD()
Gets the Close price from N days ago in an intraday chart (minute or tick).
OpenD()
Gets the Open price from N days ago in an intraday chart (minute or tick).

According to this document, this may solve one of my problems in getting a highest high or lowest low from another day. Then I could use the (highest) function to retrieve the highest high over the last few days. previous days highs

https://www.TS.com/support/we ... cators.pdf

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 01 May 2007

But now I am having a problem. What if I do not want an indicator to show up until price bars actually hit it? I noticed that the price bar actually hits the HH LL line, . It's like both the lines lines stay on the screen, even if current prices are not near one of the lines.

The line is being drawn in the wrong spot!

Lets say you do not want the lines to show up until current prices actually are approaching the line. What y axis scaling would I need to select to get this done? I don't like how the lines are on the screen, even if prices are not approaching the true value of the line. It makes the low of the current chart region low appear to hit the x day low (or high), even if the actual value was not hit.

So I do not want the line(s) visable until prices are approaching. Kind of like a "same as region" scale. So the lines show up when the region of the price bars is the same as the actual values as the on-screen price bars.

I hope you understand what I am asking.

If you change it to same as symbol, then the line stays put, but it throws off the scale of the data

Maybe the code is wrong, but I don't think so.

input: lengthLow(1);
plot1(LowD(lengthLow),"LowestL");

I'll also post screenshots...
Attachments
NQM7-LowdDsappearingAct.gif
LL line drawing wrong
(27.64 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
NQM7-LowdDsappearingAct2.gif
LL line wrong again
(25.67 KiB) Downloaded 708 times

Return to “MultiCharts”