Plot TrendLines and Text Below Price bars

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CrazyNasdaq

Plot TrendLines and Text Below Price bars

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 07 Aug 2016

Please vote for this ISSUE in MC PM
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-2083

It's a very simple step to improve and it will solve many problems and give many possibility improving coding as BookMap and other stuff.
Thanks

It would be very very useful if Trend Lines and Text plotted by TL_NEW and Text_NEW could be plotted with the option to display below price bars. For now the only status is trend lines stay always above price bars and whatever is plotted on the chart, trend lines are always the primary layer and if you have several trend lines, there is no possibility to view price bars and other plots as dots, indicators or what ever else. The same is with text.
It would be very very necessary if we could select the option to set visual order of trend lines or text as other plotting references, to set them to front layer or to back (Bring to front - Send to Back - Bring Forward - Send Backward).
Attachments
2016-08-07_11-07-52.jpg
(13.03 KiB) Downloaded 1035 times

bensat

Re: Plot TrendLines and Text Below Price bars

Postby bensat » 07 Aug 2016

1st vote from me ....

Ranfotto

Postby Ranfotto » 07 Aug 2016

2nd vote from me

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 07 Aug 2016

I think another useful way to do it, might be for MC staff to give us "Transparent Colors" like other leading software like NT have.. That way you can have layers of different colored TL's and see them all at the same time... I don't think a visual order, would even be needed..

bensat

Postby bensat » 07 Aug 2016

sptrader,

your suggestion does not fix the original problem. Transparency set on a TL sitting above a bar, candle etc still would have a visual effect on the bar. Otherwise you would have to set transparency at 100 or 0. But do not get me wrong, transparency still is a nice feature and may needs to be added as well. But we would like to have a 'clear look' at the bar, candle etc by using TL's & TXT.

Regards

Ben

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 07 Aug 2016

I agree with bensat, transparency is a good improvement, but it does not fix the problem itself.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 01 Oct 2016

Transparent is now a pretty basic issue in order to be compatible with also TS. It has become a basic, very helpful utility in TS.

When Mirus imploded I was abroad for a couple of years and at that time could not get an alternate account open to maintain a good Rithmic data set. Therefore, have since used TS a lot more just because it makes data easy. So most of my code updates have been on TS platform only in legacy EasyLanguage - no OOEL. Transparent color is nice in helping to overcome the odd limitation and quirk of Plotting. I use it. When I update my from TS to MC, I have to // out use of Transparent color, which I would prefer to not have to do. Seems like a pretty basic Legacy-type EL use now so please consider making it available.

Return to “MultiCharts”