Quotemanager doesn't close > tsserver.exe stays up  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Quotemanager doesn't close > tsserver.exe stays up

Postby bensat » 17 Aug 2016

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 10759)

It started some days ago when Quotemanager won't exit because 'tsserver.exe' stays there forever. Always have to end the process the hard way. I uploaded the MC_logs.tgz file as the ftp upload to your FTP-server gets rejected, fails and therefore crashes locally here :

You can download the file here : http://ul.to/ziq37ljw (replaced)

No I can not upgrade to newest MC version.

Regards.

Ben

bensat

Re: Quotemanager doesn't close > tsserver.exe stays up

Postby bensat » 19 Aug 2016

@Henry & @Support

I had to edit the link for the log-file. I'm sorry.

Regards

Ben

bensat

Postby bensat » 20 Aug 2016

Support ignores me, not one single Download. But asking me for registration details etc weeks before, because otherwise no support can be provided. Obviously as a customer I have an issue, and support is not willing to help.

It's a shame .... Big time.

Regards.

Ben

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Aug 2016

Support ignores me, not one single Download. But asking me for registration details etc weeks before, because otherwise no support can be provided. Obviously as a customer I have an issue, and support is not willing to help.

It's a shame .... Big time.

Regards.

Ben
you already know that the forum is not the best place to get direct support from mc guys. things tend to go slower when they are preparing a new version launch and now, in august, i'm sure some of them are on vacation

why don't you go directly to live chat where they can immediately check what is happening and can collect the logs on the spot?

why do you continue to want to resolve issues here that should be resolved via live chat, IF and WHEN the issue is an urgent one?

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 22 Aug 2016

Hello bensat,

Sorry for your negative experience, but the version you are using is obsolete, as you know. According to our policy, we fix issues and provide support for the latest MultiCharts Builds only, any issues that arise in the previous Builds cannot be addressed, unfortunately.
you already know that the forum is not the best place to get direct support from mc guys. things tend to go slower when they are preparing a new version launch and now, in august, i'm sure some of them are on vacation

why don't you go directly to live chat where they can immediately check what is happening and can collect the logs on the spot?

why do you continue to want to resolve issues here that should be resolved via live chat, IF and WHEN the issue is an urgent one?
As mentioned by arnie, Discussion Forum was not designed for urgent technical issues, it is not the only support channel. Similar issues are investigated and resolved in the Live Chat or email as fast as possible.

We would ask you to please upgrade your version to the latest MultiCharts 9.1 (Build 12587) and in case you have any issues with it, please let us know and we will do our best to resolve them.

bensat

Re: Quotemanager doesn't close > tsserver.exe stays up  [SOLVED]

Postby bensat » 23 Aug 2016

@Alex Multicharts
@ TJ
@Arnie

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I was not asking for direct support in any way. But when you see no download of your file for 3 days, no short policy reference that the version I am using is not supported for 3 days and other new threads are answered immediately, I quickly get the impression I am ignored.

Using the 'Live Chat' during trading/working hours is not an option for me, as I'm working in the CET time zone. Even at 3pm EST all the exchanges are still open and busy (EUREX, CME, NYSE, ICE etc ... ). Further I can't allow data feed interruptions during the exchange times, as I am working with DDE feeds for synthetic contracts which can't be filled historically.

I was not aware about the fact that 'obsolete' versions of Multicharts are not supported. I am not able to use the newest MC version due to data feed issues (API changes).

So last option is to re-install MC over the weekend and hoping to get this problem resolved.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Ben

Return to “MultiCharts”