Elder's disk for TS with enhanced MACD scanner

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Leo

Elder's disk for TS with enhanced MACD scanner

Postby Leo » 14 Sep 2016

Does anyone know if Elder's disk for TS has full MC compatibility?

Thanks in advance

Alex MultiCharts

Re: Elder's disk for TS with enhanced MACD scanner

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 16 Sep 2016

Hello,

Please contact its developer directly in regards to this question.

Leo

Postby Leo » 16 Sep 2016

Hello,

Please contact its developer directly in regards to this question.
Did it, they don't know, thus I hoped someone here could have use it.
It's just a group of custom indicators thus they should be compatible, but tried to ask as the cost of the disk is not just two bucks

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 17 Sep 2016

Looking at the pdf manual for that product, those scripts all use TS features that are available in MultiCharts too. So based on that it should work in MultiCharts too.

However, and this is a big however, not all TS code works in MultiCharts and if the developer has used some of the more elaborative approaches in computing the indicators and strategies, then they for sure don't work on MultiCharts. Problem is that we cannot see this without looking at the source code.

Since they don't mention that the product contains the source code, they are probably protected and you won't be able to make code adjustments to make the scripts work on MultiCharts. So it would be quite a gamble to see if these scripts are 100% MultiCharts compatible.

Leo

Postby Leo » 17 Sep 2016

Looking at the pdf manual for that product, those scripts all use TS features that are available in MultiCharts too. So based on that it should work in MultiCharts too.

However, and this is a big however, not all TS code works in MultiCharts and if the developer has used some of the more elaborative approaches in computing the indicators and strategies, then they for sure don't work on MultiCharts. Problem is that we cannot see this without looking at the source code.

Since they don't mention that the product contains the source code, they are probably protected and you won't be able to make code adjustments to make the scripts work on MultiCharts. So it would be quite a gamble to see if these scripts are 100% MultiCharts compatible.

Thank you very much JoshM

bensat

Postby bensat » 17 Sep 2016

@JOSHM

If it's protected you cant even import it into MC. Isn't there a version number of TS after MC isn't able to import any ELD-file ? I thought I read or heard something about. But not sure.

@LEO

By the way, these Elder indicators flying around the web.

Best Regards

Ben

Leo

Postby Leo » 17 Sep 2016

@JOSHM

If it's protected you cant even import it into MC. Isn't there a version number of TS after MC isn't able to import any ELD-file ? I thought I read or heard something about. But not sure.

@LEO

By the way, these Elder indicators flying around the web.

Best Regards

Ben
Thanks all, I sent an email to John Bruns, coder of the Elder's disk, and asked about MC compatibility. I'll report his answer in case anyone else is interested now or in the future

Return to “MultiCharts”