@ES Continuous Futures TS symbol plotting?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

@ES Continuous Futures TS symbol plotting?

Postby Mark Brown » 30 Nov 2016

I am not able to specify the @ES symbol from the TS datafeed? Can anyone point me in a direction, I did a forum search to no avail.

Mark

ABC

Re: @ES Continuous Futures TS symbol plotting?

Postby ABC » 01 Dec 2016

Mark,

did you add the symbol to the Quotemanager already or does it fail when you try that? If you didn't add the symbol to QM, this should be your first step. After that you should have not problem to chart the symbol (@ES works fine here coming from the TS datafeed).

Regards,
ABC

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 02 Dec 2016

I did finally find and added @ES from TS to MC part of the problem was I didn't realize it was backfilling which took a while. But now I get a error that the expiration months need to be selected however they are already selected. I just close the error boxes and everything seems fine. Thank you for the tip I will try that as well.

ABC

Postby ABC » 02 Dec 2016

Mark,

you are welcome. Depending on your preference you might want to enable that TS data will be cached in QM (-> Tools -> Data Sources), as this is disabled by default. This way it doesn't always have to backfill all the data, although you will likely have to reload the data after each rollover adjustment.

Regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts”