FGBX on CQG data feed  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
escamillo

FGBX on CQG data feed

Postby escamillo » 14 Dec 2016

the root symbol for the German 10 year in CQG data feed is DB (while elsewhere it is FGBL) and for the 5 year in CQG it is DL (while elsewhere it is FGBM)
however the root for the 30 year in CQG is listed as (and confirmed verbally by CQG phone support) FGBX, which is what it is most elsewhere.

While I am able to get data for DB and DL, when I try to add symbol data for FGBX source CQG through QuoteManager, I get a "No Matches Were Found" pop up.

Can someone with CQG data or someone from MC please enlighten me on how to retrieve data for FGBX? Thank you.

TJ

Re: FGBX on CQG data feed

Postby TJ » 14 Dec 2016

the root symbol for the German 10 year in CQG data feed is DB (while elsewhere it is FGBL) and for the 5 year in CQG it is DL (while elsewhere it is FGBM)
however the root for the 30 year in CQG is listed as (and confirmed verbally by CQG phone support) FGBX, which is what it is most elsewhere.

While I am able to get data for DB and DL, when I try to add symbol data for FGBX source CQG through QuoteManager, I get a "No Matches Were Found" pop up.

Can someone with CQG data or someone from MC please enlighten me on how to retrieve data for FGBX? Thank you.

You should use Live Chat to get the tech support to add the symbol/source for you.

arnie

Postby arnie » 15 Dec 2016

Who's your broker?
Does he allow you to trade that instrument?
Quote Manager does not have that symbol in the search but you can add it manually, using the root as FGBX and the symbol FGBXH17 (March contract).
I can get data from the symbol but I can't get any historic data.

Go to live chat like TJ advised to see if they can sort it out.
Attachments
buxl.png
(15.01 KiB) Downloaded 1010 times

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 15 Dec 2016

Quote Manager does not have that symbol in the search but you can add it manually, using the root as FGBX and the symbol FGBXH17 (March contract).
That is correct, it can be added manually, as it cannot be requested through the API automatically: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... anual_Mode
I can get data from the symbol but I can't get any historic data.
It means that there is no historical data on the server you are using for this instrument, only real-time data (available if you are subscribed to it with your broker).
You may want to enable the "External Historical Data" checkbox in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> CQG, then completely restart MultiCharts with all its processes and reload the chart by pressing CTRL+R. The data for this instrument might be available on another server.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 15 Dec 2016

Thanks for the explanations. Appreciate it much. FGBXH17 works for me. Will have to import some back data.

Later-in-the-day note: on another computer that I use I added the FGBXH17 contract and put it on a chart and it filled with data! Nice.
Not sure why, however pleased as it saves me a bit of data transfer time and possible agony.

escamillo

Re: FGBX on CQG data feed  [SOLVED]

Postby escamillo » 10 Feb 2017

a follow-up to this issue in case it comes up for someone else.
All Eurex symbols on CQG worked fine for me except for FGBX. Most of the time it would not fill and I would be left with data gaps.
In Live chat support, Alex asked me to go to CQG data source in QuoteManager and see if "External Historical Data" was checked. It was not.
I have since checked it and I now get back data for FGBX.

Return to “MultiCharts”