Trendlines

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Russ

Trendlines

Postby Russ » 19 May 2007

Hi,

I have not bought the software yet and I would like to know if it allows for fixed point drawing of trendlines on either the hi, low, open or close as TS 4 allows?

I have noticed people complaining that trendlines drawn on one time frame won't hold when going to another time frame, TS 2000i had this problem to some degree, TS 4 is extremely stable and rareley does it lose a trendline fix.

I would also like to know if your software allows the placing of a study on a study, such as a moving average on a momentum indicator for example?

Thanks
Russ

Kate

Postby Kate » 21 May 2007

I have not bought the software yet and I would like to know if it allows for fixed point drawing of trendlines on either the hi, low, open or close as TS 4 allows?
MultiCharts charting is very similar to TS one. If you draw trendlines in the Snap mode they will be anchored to either high, low, open or close.
I have noticed people complaining that trendlines drawn on one time frame won't hold when going to another time frame, TS 2000i had this problem to some degree, TS 4 is extremely stable and rareley does it lose a trendline fix.
Trendlines remain on same positions but sometimes after changing the time frame they can move beyond the screen because they may not fit in the screen area.

Russ

Trendlines

Postby Russ » 26 May 2007

I assume no answer to my question regarding placing studies on studies,
- for example moving averages on a momentum indicator - means that your software cannot do this.

Q: Can you also draw fixed point or 'snap' mode trendlines on studies?

Russ

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 May 2007

Your assumption is incorrect, MultiCharts can place studies on studies. And you can also draw trendlines on studies in the Snap mode. In this case trendlines will be anchored to the plots.

Return to “MultiCharts”