Rounding problem?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Rick Webber

Rounding problem?

Postby Rick Webber » 17 May 2017

lineA= 53.47
Close= 53.47

If Close < LineA then
Sell next bar at market;

Position is responding as if code had <= in it and is getting closed. Both Commentary and Data Window give the price and indicator as 53.47. I'd like to to get more precision on LineA by increasing decimal places from 2 to 3 or 4. I'm playing around with it but could use an example as no luck so far. Here is a simple function code that is putting out 2 decimal places. How would one go about getting 4 decimal places out of this?

inputs:
PriceValue( numericseries ),
Len( numericsimple ) ;

AverageFC = SummationFC( PriceValue, Len ) / Len ;

Thanks.

ABC

Re: Rounding problem?

Postby ABC » 18 May 2017

Rick,

you can either print the values to the output and add the required decimal spaces as described here:

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... .php/Print

Or you can change the number of decimals a plot will show on a chart. You'll find the setting under General (No. of digits after the decimal) on the "Scaling" tab of the Format Study dialog for the particular study.

Regards,

ABC

Rick Webber

Postby Rick Webber » 19 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time ABC, I don't think this is going to solve my problem though. I've got to have the increased decimal output available to the "Strategy". I can't get the function to assign 4 decimal places to a variable and then view its output in Commentary as 4 decimal places. No problem seeing it in a indicator or data box.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 May 2017

MultiCharts uses Double Precision.

That means MultiCharts is doing your calculations internally using 15 decimal places.

(unless you specified the variable is an integer)

Return to “MultiCharts”