Deleted Data Keeps getting put back (if session is incorrect)  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Deleted Data Keeps getting put back (if session is incorrect)

Postby bowlesj3 » 26 Jul 2017

Update:
According to Alex putting the bars back is a feature of MC. See the link.
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ta_restore
Also, I added a final post that shows the correct solution to this problem.

Hi, to solve project management issue "MC-2275 Only 1 in 14 stocks display due to CAD/USD clash" the Interactive brokers setting "Generate a new tick if total volume changes" was turned on (see attached picture). So I have a workspace for each stock and I was opening the charts to load the data during the trading day. However when the trading day ended after 16:00 hours I noticed I was getting extra false ticks that should not be there. So I figured to solve this problem I have to shut down MC at exactly 16:00 hours then switch it to off-line mode for any off hours viewing and the next day only switch it to on-line exactly at 9:30 when the market opens (either that or switch of the check box if I am viewing after hours to try and download data on any charts I did not view during the day). I can live with that if it actually works (yet to be seen). However I did not realize this and got a few of these false ticks on some of the symbols (see attached picture).

So the next day I discovered they were not gone. I tried a reload 2 days back and that did not fix the problem. I then went into the quote manager and found these two ticks that were generated outside market hours (see attached picture). So I deleted them, closed MC down, waited for all MultiCharts related processes to be removed from memory, opened MultiCharts up again, then I displayed the quote manager screen again to confirm the two bars were in fact deleted (see attached picture). So I start up MultiCharts thinking that the two falsely generated bars will not be showing but they have been put back by the program. I go back to the quote manager and sure enough the displaying of the program puts them back. I try this 3 times and it occurs over and over again.

So clearly this is a bug since I reviewed the wiki for the process of deleting bars of data and I did it exactly as instructed as confirmed above.
I just filed it in the Project Management at this link as MC-2286.
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2286
Quote_Managed_IB_Settings.png
Quote_Managed_IB_Settings
(40.37 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
HCG_Minute_Bars.png
HCG_Minute_Bars
(62.33 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
HCG_DeleteDataBefore.png
HCG_DeleteDataBefore
(35.42 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Attachments
HCG_DeleteDataAfter.png
HCG_DeleteDataAfter
(46.06 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 27 Jul 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Alex MultiCharts

Re: Deleted Data Keeps getting put back.

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 27 Jul 2017

Hello bowlesj3,

That is not related to the setting you are referring to. What you described is expected behavior when Download Missing Historical Data checkbox is enabled in Preferences window. Auto data restore is described here: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ta_restore

bowlesj3

Re: Deleted Data Keeps getting put back.  [SOLVED]

Postby bowlesj3 » 27 Jul 2017

Hi Alex,

I figured out the proper way to fix it. I attached a picture which has comments that explain what I did. It works. So I will accept your answer and my answer :-)
1_HomeCapitalGroup.png
The solution step by step
(114.97 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 27 Jul 2017

What you are describing is what a user does when he does not like the default sessions, it is not related to the name of the topic you have given to this thread. Just want to make it clear.

It is possible to change the symbol session settings or apply a session template to your chart.
1) To change the symbol session settings:
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->double click on the symbol you need->Sessions tab->you can modify the session time here. Copy/paste your existing chart / or create a new one / or close-open your workspace to apply the changes in session settings.
Each chart of this symbol set to Default session will use these session settings.
2) To create a custom session template:
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Session templates.
More information can be found here:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... _Templates
Select your session template on the chart in Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Session.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 27 Jul 2017

Thanks Alex.

I changed the subject to "Deleted Data Keeps getting put back (if session is incorrect)". And it is marked solved now.

I went back to the Regular MultiCharts I will be using and put in the session template shown in my last picture and updated all the 82 symbols in the quote manager to use that session template. I did not realize you could do this from the chart itself. Thanks for that.

Return to “MultiCharts”