Creating tools for manual trading

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
orad

Creating tools for manual trading

Postby orad » 28 Jul 2017

Hi, is the following scenario possible to do in MultiCharts.NET? Let's say I want to create some tools that help me in manual trading. For example, I create a toolbar that receives some parameters and when I click a button it calculates a limit price and submits a LMT order, which I should see in the chart. Then, I go to manual trading mode and manually modify the LMT order that was submitted using the strategy.

Thanks!

darob

Re: Creating tools for manual trading

Postby darob » 28 Jul 2017

Hi Orad, maybe this is too simple and not what you’re asking, but you could code or modify an indicator and have it plot a point on the chart at a price level you’re interested in. For example some of the supplied indicators plot points at the high or low of an alerted bar but you could change that plot point to the open of the bar or a prior one.

orad

Postby orad » 28 Jul 2017

Thanks @darob. That's also a good option, which I may do if my described scenario is not possible, or use them together. Right now I'm specifically interested to know if the described scenario is technically feasible or not because my feeling is that it is not possible with the existing API.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Aug 2017

Hello Orad,

This scenario is possible. Check out Chart ToolBar in the Wiki and the pre-built signal _ChartToolBar_Trading_.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”