Portfolio trader and dynamic list of instruments

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
rst

Portfolio trader and dynamic list of instruments

Postby rst » 15 Aug 2017

Hi,
I would like to use the Portfolio Trader for short-term auto trading over a subset of instruments which can not be predefined in the instrument list section. That is I need to set the stocks for which I want to trade programmatically from a list that I create everyday prior to the open session and that list is different every day. Is there a way in the Portfolio Trader API that allows you to set programmatically the symbols list? I can execute this method, for example, before the market opens via the Portfolio Trader API by reading the symbols from an external file.

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Portfolio trader and dynamic list of instruments

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Aug 2017

Hello rst,

There is no way to set the symbol list programmatically, but it can be imported into Portfolio Trader from a text (csv) file.
When you start Portfolio Trader "Active Data Source" is specified in the bottom right corner of the application window.
By default it is Interactive Brokers. If your data provider is different - you need to add into Portfolio an instrument from your data feed, then it will be set as "Active Data Source" for the current Portfolio.
Then you can make a right click on the Instruments section under your Strategy in the Portfolio Tree to Import Instrument List.

rst

Postby rst » 15 Aug 2017

Thank you Henry. Is it possible to request this feature for MC future releases?

ABC

Postby ABC » 15 Aug 2017

rst,

depending on the number of possible symbols you could also create a portfolio with all symbols and then read the number of symbols "into your code" and only allow trading on the specific ones.

Regards,

ABC

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Aug 2017

Thank you Henry. Is it possible to request this feature for MC future releases?
rst,

You can submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/
All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap or there is no technical possibility to implement them within the current architecture.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”