How many cores can MC11 use?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
AdrianP

How many cores can MC11 use?

Postby AdrianP » 25 Aug 2017

Hi,

With the release of the AMD Threadripper CPUs we are finally seeing some decent improvements to speed.
My question is, will MC11 be able to make use of all the extra cores, whether it be AMD or Intel, for LIVE workspaces?
Will MC11 be able to use all 16 cores of the 1950X CPU?
I do understand of the issues when optimizing, but my main concern is knowing if MC will be in a position to best handle complex multiple workspaces all open at the same time when markets become fast?

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How many cores can MC11 use?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Aug 2017

Hello AdrianP,

MultiCharts can use all CPU cores that your Windows OS can see.

TJ

Re: How many cores can MC11 use?

Postby TJ » 26 Aug 2017

The biggest bottleneck in a computer system is not in the CPU,
nor the size of the RAM,
but the speed of the internal bus in the motherboard.

strelow

Postby strelow » 29 Aug 2017

Hello.

Someone knows any tool that I can run I find were is my bottleneck ? I mean run MC and this tools show were task spend more time. If is during CPU process , access to memory or I/O like a benchmark test for Multicharts process needs ? than in this way we can improve our system where is necessary .

Regards,

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Sep 2017

Hello.

Someone knows any tool that I can run I find were is my bottleneck ? I mean run MC and this tools show were task spend more time. If is during CPU process , access to memory or I/O like a benchmark test for Multicharts process needs ? than in this way we can improve our system where is necessary .

Regards,
Hello strelow,

There is no such tool in MultiCharts. You can use Windows Resource Monitor to check the CPU/RAM/Disk activity per process. If you have any specific issue with the platform operation - please contact support directly.

strelow

Postby strelow » 01 Sep 2017

Hello Henry.

I asked because when I start a optimization with my 8 treads of CPU stay 100% even my mouse stop working and cpu clock freeze when finish the optimization my computer return a normal situation . I think I need to upgrade my system principal CPU (i7 2820QM) . About RAM with 16GB and using a SSD disk I think is enough.

This behavior could happens in news cpus too ? What family do you suggest ?

Thanks.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 03 Sep 2017

Strelow, you will have the same problem with a new cpu as well. You could try Process Lasso and see if that helps. https://bitsum.com/

I remember reading that there was a way to limit the optimizer to one thread. If you are not trying to optimize too many inputs then this might be acceptable. Search for threads in the forum.

Alex

AdrianP

Postby AdrianP » 03 Sep 2017

The biggest bottleneck in a computer system is not in the CPU,
nor the size of the RAM,
but the speed of the internal bus in the motherboard.

Hello TJ,

Would you mind explaining your statement a bit more please. If I have data coming in at a fast rate, and all my data is in RAM, with calculations done by the CPU, then at what point does the speed of the internal bus impede this process? Are you suggesting that the RAM and CPU will operate below their full speed because the internal bus on the motherboard is somehow impeding something? I've only been using computers for 35 years or so, and certainly no expert, so very much appreciate your insight into understanding it better. Also, since mother board choices are extremely limited in relation to particular CPU choices, is it ultimately an option that we can do anything about anyway?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Sep 2017

Hello Henry.

I asked because when I start a optimization with my 8 treads of CPU stay 100% even my mouse stop working and cpu clock freeze when finish the optimization my computer return a normal situation . I think I need to upgrade my system principal CPU (i7 2820QM) . About RAM with 16GB and using a SSD disk I think is enough.

This behavior could happens in news cpus too ? What family do you suggest ?

Thanks.
strelow, optimization uses all CPU cores at maximum by default. You can unzip and import the attached reg file to limit it to 7 cores. This will give your PC some resources for operation while optimization is running. If you want to free more cores - change the file in the text editor, save it and run it. Changes will be applied only after all platform processes are restarted: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... _Processes
Attachments
7_Threads_Optimization.zip
(274 Bytes) Downloaded 318 times

Return to “MultiCharts”