GRACE PERIOD for Digital Rights

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
HarrisonProgramming

GRACE PERIOD for Digital Rights

Postby HarrisonProgramming » 25 Oct 2017

Dear Henry and MultiCharts,

We need your help. It is important that we some how give customers some GRACE PERIOD of 1 day or more [1]; otherwise, we will likely hurt the customers and us. It is a serious matter that real-time data be turned off due to brief internet connection issue when someone is trading serious money. I was running PlaceOrder automation on Scanner with multiple symbols with MultiCharts.Net and IB. A few minutes before market open, I got the message of
MC.Net_DigitalRightsLostNoConnection.JPG
(17.95 KiB) Downloaded 697 times
I had to shut down and restart. This happened again shortly after the market open. I had to restart a second time.

[1] The exception is when the user is switching from the licensing from one computer to another. The connection loss can due to the server, internet connectivity, or customer computer.

Thank you for your consideration. --Harrison

Henry MultiСharts

Re: GRACE PERIOD for Digital Rights

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Nov 2017

Hello Harrison,

If we are talking about a situation when DRM connection is lost (and not when the user is intentionally switching the licensing from one computer to another), then the realtime data stops only if the connection is not restored within 30 minutes after it is lost. So even in case authorization is lost – MultiCharts will be trying to recover the authorization connection for 30 minutes without blocking the realtime data. This should be enough for most of the temporary ISP issues to be solved.
If you want to get an alert if there is no relatime data updates on your chart - here is a sample code:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16442&p=65867#p65867

HarrisonProgramming

Re: GRACE PERIOD for Digital Rights

Postby HarrisonProgramming » 07 Nov 2017

Hello Henry,

Thank you for your help and for the info about 30 min grace period. When I was testing no Oct 25, it did not appear to have any grace period. It appeared to be INSTANT: No DRM connection, No real time data. However, my observation was very limited.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”