Oanda issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
beck donald

Oanda issues

Postby beck donald » 17 Nov 2017

Using the latest version of 11, I have tried both legacy and V20. It takes a really really long time for a chart to open. More important than that, it seems that since OANDA made changes to its data, the live traded signals are no longer in sync with a historic chart 100% of the time. This last issue is something was finally resolved a long time ago and work flawlessly the last time I tested it. It seems to have resurfaced.

The charts load quickly in 10, but the live vs historic fill issue is the same as in 11.

Thanks for your help

TJ

Re: Oanda issues

Postby TJ » 17 Nov 2017

Using the latest version of 11, I have tried both legacy and V20. It takes a really really long time for a chart to open. More important than that, it seems that since OANDA made changes to its data, the live traded signals are no longer in sync with a historic chart 100% of the time. This last issue is something was finally resolved a long time ago and work flawlessly the last time I tested it. It seems to have resurfaced.

The charts load quickly in 10, but the live vs historic fill issue is the same as in 11.

Thanks for your help

Do you need to use the latest version of MC?

I am aware there are changes in Oanda's system. But I have not been following the changes.

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 17 Nov 2017

MC said in a post you must change to the latest version because of OANDA changes. Later on there was a time chart data issue released to have dealt with that issue. But it feels like to me, OANDA made changes without telling MC about it, as I am sure MC would have dealt with it.

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Nov 2017

Unfortunately, it happens all the time -- the brokers make changes without fully testing the changes, and without fully disclosing the changes to the 3rd party software. InteractiveBrokers was like that too. :oops:

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 20 Nov 2017

Hello, beck donald!

I’m afraid from you description it’s not clear what exactly went wrong. If you’d like us to analyze this issue, from main MultiCharts window please go Help -> Support -> Open Logs Folder and delete all folders and files there. Then reproduce the issue and send us the newly formed logs by Help -> Feedback -> check the “Attach Log files…”, “Snapshot of the current MultiCharts setup” and “Open workspaces, desktops…” checkboxes -> Send.
In the commentary section please specify how long it took for the chart to download the data.

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 21 Nov 2017

There are 2 issues.

1. It takes a very long time for a chart to load.
2. I had live trades that do not match a historic or reloaded chart. This is something that I spent years waiting for a fix for. It was fixed and was flawless. It now seems that issues is taking place again.

As it relates to #1. Do you want me to restart MC and open a page of charts and when they finally load, prepare the logs as you have asked?

As it relates to #2. You want me to wait for such a trade issue and then produce the same logs?

Thank you,

svopex

Postby svopex » 22 Nov 2017

"Live trades that do not match a historic or reloaded chart"

It discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50353&p=124331#p124331

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 22 Nov 2017

Svopex,

Thank you for saving me the time for going over what you all ready have. What puzzles me is that quite a while back it seemed to work flawlessly. Then it seems OANDA changed "something" that has caused MC to have to make modifications. Then I read in the most recent release that ticks in a time chart were off and impacted time charts. To me, prior to these changes it would seem that it could have created what we are talking about.

Have you figured out a work-a-round? or is it not impacting your trading? For me it is very critical because things come unglued in live trading. If I look at 5 years worth of historic trading and see a max 1k DD and I double it to 2k to be prudent. But when traded blow out a trade at 3k of DD to watch it grow to 20k is an issue. To then reload the chart and have the 20k DD go away and be $200 during the same period will not work for me.

Thanks

svopex

Donald,

yes, it's problem for me too.
Real trading has bigger DD than backtest, but it is not critical for me.
By Henry answer, it's problem on the Oanda side.

I asked in Oanda:
Hello,
I have next problem: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50353
Backtest data is different from real trading data.
Henry from multicharts send me this answer:
Historical data loaded from the data provider can be different from the realtime data, that is expected and natural for most of the data vendors.
Why?
Thanks Petr

And here is answer from Oanda:
Backtesting is not accurate compared to multicharts because it is tick by tick data.

??? :-(

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 22 Nov 2017

Sorry but I laughed. Thats double talk and a smoke screen. So the changes that OANDA made created the problem. A problem that MC cannot fix with programming changes. I guess the question is... what broker can MC work with that does not or will not have the problem?

svopex

By my opinion all stock (no CFD and Forex) brokers - Interactive brokers, Amp futures ...
Please, if it possible, you send question about this problem to Oanda too.
Maybe the answer from Oanda will be better... :-)

Return to “MultiCharts”