MC isn't plotting esignal advancing issues $ADV correctly  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kel

MC isn't plotting esignal advancing issues $ADV correctly

Postby Kel » 28 Nov 2017

Hello,

For those of you who are using MC with an esignal datafeed - are you able to plot/display breadth data such as $ADV advancing issues? When I attempt to display it I get a flat line for intraday bar. I want to display the OHLC of advancing issues for different intraday time frames i.e. 15 minutes or 30 minutes etc... When I display $ADV in the signal symbol monitor it just shows the last value. I also own Neoticker platform which has no problems displaying this same data. New user here so surprised there is even an issue with this.

Thanks,

Ed
Last edited by Kel on 29 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Kel

Re: MC Can't plot esignal advancing issues $ADV correctly

Postby Kel » 29 Nov 2017

Follow - up - I spoke with esignal today and all they populate for advancing issues and other breadth related data is the last field based on displaying the information in the esignal data monitor. They update that field every six seconds - if you plot the $ADV from esignal in a chart you get a flat line with last value = 0 - so I think something is wrong with the software in Multicharts.

If I plot the esignal continuous contract for ES (ES #F) the last field is also populated - maybe its a function of open/high/low being populated for ES #F but no data for $ADV. Either way I believe its a software issue with Multicharts.

May include images but I need to make them public first.

Here are some specs on esignal $ADV symbol
http://kb.esignal.com/display/2/index.a ... 9019317627

Kel

Re: MC Can't plot esignal advancing issues $ADV correctly  [SOLVED]

Postby Kel » 29 Nov 2017

Resolved as follows

change the symbol settings for $ADV.
To do this, please go to File -> New -> QuoteManager -> find $ADV in the list of symbols and right-click on it -> Edit Symbol -> Settings tab -> Use custom settings -> change the Price Scale to As is -> OK. Then please reload your chart (Ctrl + R) or create a new one

Return to “MultiCharts”