Beta not loading chart data from esignal data manager

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fox

Beta not loading chart data from esignal data manager

Postby fox » 06 Jun 2007

I'm running vista and can now compile my studies with the latest beta release. However, when I try to load the charts I just see "Establishing connection. H: connecting...." but no charts ever load. Data manager says 1 user. I've run XP in a virtual machine with the Beta installed and can load data in the charts from the esig data manager. Don't know what the problem is....

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 07 Jun 2007

Does eSignal works and receive data on Vista? Could you please run QuoteManager and check what the log on the bottom says? Thanks.

fox

Vista

Postby fox » 07 Jun 2007

Yes esignal works fine in vista. Also, NT connects flawlessly to esig data manager in both xp and vista but with vista mc does not load charts (see pic of log from quote manager) and I noticed that in XP a chart will load but wont move, in other words it doesn't update the data its fed.

fox

Log pic

Postby fox » 07 Jun 2007

see below
Attachments
multichartsnodata.jpg
(141.58 KiB) Downloaded 933 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 08 Jun 2007

Please check your user name and password for eSignal because according to the logs it returns "Invalid user name and password" message in QuoteManager. This also explains why your XP chart can be loaded but is not updating, MultiCharts retrieves the data from the storage but doesn't have access to real-time data from eSignal.

Kate

Please check it also in eSignal->File->Settings->Connections.

fox

thanks...

Postby fox » 08 Jun 2007

Kate thanks for the reply and I will double check everything but as I said originally other apps can access esignal data just fine (NT) and the green light on the data manger comes on (from red which means that the login was successful, correct username/password). I have no idea why QM would say otherwise...

Kate

Could you contact us and show this problem via HelpDesk?

fox

Sure thing...

Postby fox » 08 Jun 2007

I'm at work right now but will get on it as soon as I get home. Thanks!

fox

Tried contact multiple times this morning...

Postby fox » 11 Jun 2007

Kate,

I tried calling the 888 number and just got a beep (not sure what that means); that happened everytime and I called the 510 number and it says its not a working number. I also tried live chat and it said it was not available. I did this between 5:50 and 6:30 central time and tried each multiple times. Can you please let me know when/how I can get someone so that they can connect via help desk? Thanks!

Return to “MultiCharts”