Datafeed OANDA  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Pipscalper

Datafeed OANDA

Postby Pipscalper » 19 Dec 2017

OANDA Datafeed

I understand that due to new regulation trading directly from charts is now blocked , but is datafeed also definitely blocked??

damnpenguins

Re: Datafeed OANDA

Postby damnpenguins » 19 Dec 2017

I've just been told "I do not believe OANDA still feed data to any third party software" in a live chat with OANDA. So it would seem to be the case....

Email comms I received recently said that trading would not be allowed but that analysis would. That would suggest that the feed would still be available but apparently not.

I am unable to access any data within MC from OANDA

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 19 Dec 2017

I've just been told "I do not believe OANDA still feed data to any third party software" in a live chat with OANDA. So it would seem to be the case....

Email comms I received recently said that trading would not be allowed but that analysis would. That would suggest that the feed would still be available but apparently not.

I am unable to access any data within MC from OANDA
It would only affect European acct;s ?
Question is now can MC design a workaround or can we forget Oanda as Datafeed.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 21 Dec 2017

Hello, Pipscalper and damnpenguins!

As we are aware OANDA has decided to restrict API trade execution from 3rd party platforms (Motivewave, TradingView, Seer, Multicharts, etc.) for the European residents registered under OANDA Europe Limited to conform to the MIFID 2 regulations. As they informed us it should still be possible to get the data.
Recently some users reported the inability to connect to OANDA as data feed (they received the "Close this window" message after logging in). There was an issue on the OANDA’s side, so we contacted them on this matter. The issue seems to be solved by OANDA at the moment.

damnpenguins

Re: Datafeed OANDA  [SOLVED]

Postby damnpenguins » 22 Dec 2017

Brilliant - thanks for the update Anna. My connection is up and running again

Return to “MultiCharts”