Multicharts crashed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
elitetrader

Multicharts crashed

Postby elitetrader » 17 Feb 2018

for some reason for the past 2 months when every there is volatility in the market Multicharts crashed and my indicators and data freezez for some time how do i fix this problem. The previous NFP caused Multicharts to crash for 1 hour

TJ

Re: Multicharts crashed

Postby TJ » 19 Feb 2018

for some reason for the past 2 months when every there is volatility in the market Multicharts crashed and my indicators and data freezez for some time how do i fix this problem. The previous NFP caused Multicharts to crash for 1 hour

Multicharts version?

Windows version?

Computer spec? CPU? Memory?

What other programs are you running?

Which anti-virus?
Have you specified in your AV that MC is a trusted program?
Have you specified in your AV that your broker/dataprovider is a trusted source?
ie your AV will not waste precious CPU time to scrutinize your quotes for viruses.

How many instruments?
How many charts? indicators?
How much back history are loaded on the chart?

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 19 Feb 2018

Definitely need the full details. Also what broker and datafeeds are you using?

I was suffering lots of slowdowns, hangs and crashes in the volatility before xmas. Since upgrading to MC11 15566 (from a MC10 version) performance under high loads has been fine so far (touching wood).

Some issues I've found over the years:

-Avoid shared hardware (such a VPS/Cloud servers). Opt for dedicated if can.
-Reduce number of indicators, history and charts to bare bones.
-Unless needed, opt to have indicators calculate end of bar ONLY.
-Poorly coded IOG code can be a real CPU burden.
-Sometimes reinstalling MC has cleared issues for me (bar upgrades, I haven't had to do that for a long time).
-Keep MC clean and tidy! In every way you can think of. Remove redundant symbol maps. Remove redundant intruments from QM etc etc. Have a look through you signal code and think what you can make more efficient: do you really have to use all those functions? Are you using "barnumber" when "currentbar" will suffice? And so on.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 22 Feb 2018

Hello, elitetrader!

In older versions of MultiCharts high market volatility caused by news announcement could lead to similar issues, but it is not a crash of MultiCharts. We’ve improved the data handling algorithms in the latest releases of MultiCharts 11 so the realtime data should come fine at the session’s beginning and should never stop completely due to high volatility in markets associated with news releases. Please try to update your MultiCharts installation to the latest release (please contact us here https://www.multicharts.com/support/ to get the direct download links).

Return to “MultiCharts”