IB and TS different multiplier on JPY

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lbottan

IB and TS different multiplier on JPY

Postby lbottan » 18 Feb 2018

Hi,
I am lost in a problem and i am sure there must be an easy solution that i can't see...

I use MC with datafeed TS or Esignal. Broker is IB.

Both TS (@JY) and Esignal (6J) gives Japanese Yen in a 0.xx form ... so now for example it quotes 0.94215...
Interactive feed (and so I assume orders) quotes 0.0094215.

What can I do to have both datafeed on the same format. I assume it is possible as many of you there are using these data feeds and IB...

I found this old post viewtopic.php?t=9723 and I am sure a solution must have been found or a workaround.

Thanks for you support.

BTW, anybody has an updated table of esignal/TS/IB symbol comparison?

wilkinsw

Re: IB and TS different multiplier on JPY

Postby wilkinsw » 19 Feb 2018

I think you can code an indicator that prints TS @JY's (OHLC)/100 to file. Then ascii map your custom instrument to that file.

Something like that. Then you will have My_TS_JY plotting TS's JY as 0.00xxxxx.

lbottan

Postby lbottan » 19 Feb 2018

the idea is good ... but for a realtime use? mhhh....

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 19 Feb 2018

Depends exactly what you need to do. I had this issue with Patsystems Soybeans differing to IQfeeds. IQfeeds symbols were mapped to Patsystems', hence this created an issue.

I would perform the task above to populate my history and then merge that history with the realtime patsystems ticker for trading.

Thinking about it, would've been easier to do the print to file with modified OHLC values from IQfeed, then just paste the ascii values into Patsystems' symbol in QM, to avoid the ugly task of merging datafeeds.

But I agree, an inbuilt fuction in QM that adjusts the decimal place would be much neater.

lbottan

Postby lbottan » 19 Feb 2018

This indeed looks feasible. The only disadvantage is that I will have to use ib data feed and not eSignal as I wanted.
I hope mc will fix it as it should be an issue for many. First answer I git from friends was ... I moved to TS for that symbol. Pity.

Pls guys, vote for this problem: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... ues/MC-773

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 20 Feb 2018

Another thing you could test is mapping esignal to IB.....

But in your signal divide all order price parameters by 100 ONLY if lastbaronchart ELSE divide by 1.

You will need to swap out any "at market" orders with specific equivalents

e.g.

Code: Select all

inputs: adjust(100), maxagression(50);
vars: adjust2(0),maxaggression2(0);

if lastbaronchart=true then adjust2=adjust else adjust2=1;

maxagression2=(maxagression/pricescale * minmove)/adjust2;

//market order example:
buy next bar at close/adjust2 + maxagression2 limit;
You can also use stoplimit orders applying the same logic as with the market order example above.

However, I presume you will be forced to only trade in AA mode using the above workaround....which might be fine.

Return to “MultiCharts”