MULTICHARTS 12.0 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 12.0 BETA 1

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Mar 2018

MultiCharts 12.0 Beta 1 is available for download now (64-bit build 15952)!

Featuring TPO, Matrix Optimization, reworked optimization GUI, Bittrex data feed, and many other improvements!

Now we feature our Beta versions as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version.

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Beta 1 download page <<<

SP

Re: MULTICHARTS 12.0 BETA 1

Postby SP » 30 Mar 2018

Is it recommended to leave the new option "Use MarkPrice for Trades" unchecked at Data Sources - IB - Real-Time-Data ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Apr 2018

Hello SP,

One of the users reported that for some symbols the realtime price updates in MultiCharts are different from TWS.
Our analysis has shown that MarkPrice is different from the Last price for such instruments. The option "Use MarkPrice for Trades" was introduced to address that.

TCust

Postby TCust » 03 Apr 2018

In my database 3000 stock's

Sometimes I see not properly loaded data, which can not be reloaded, since they are already stored.

Are you going to create an elementary function, re-download data for some period, to maintain the integrity of the database ?
Attachments
MC.PNG
(14.57 KiB) Downloaded 4327 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Apr 2018

Cool feature allowing a beta version be installed along side the main product but... what if i don't want to have a separate database and trust your product well enough that I know it will not mess up my trading?
Is it enough just to select the main installation folder to install the beta version? Or will this create new folders inside the main folder installation which in the end might create incompatibilities between both versions?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 04 Apr 2018

Great to have Orders name in Historical Orders.

for 4K screens i had ComboBox to choose size 0-15 for sample ... Better

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Apr 2018

In my database 3000 stock's. Sometimes I see not properly loaded data, which can not be reloaded, since they are already stored. Are you going to create an elementary function, re-download data for some period, to maintain the integrity of the database ?
TCust, our team is currently evaluating the re-downloading data feature. In the meantime you can use the Reload feature or Delete the data to have it downloaded from your data provider.

Henry MultiСharts

Cool feature allowing a beta version be installed along side the main product but... what if i don't want to have a separate database and trust your product well enough that I know it will not mess up my trading?
Is it enough just to select the main installation folder to install the beta version? Or will this create new folders inside the main folder installation which in the end might create incompatibilities between both versions?
arnie, MultiCharts Test is a separate product with its own isolated application/ database/ study folders. You cannot overwrite your existing Release build of the platform with the Beta version. To move your data into the Beta version, please use the Backup and Restore applications - they allow for moving the data between different MultiCharts products.

Henry MultiСharts

Great to have Orders name in Historical Orders. for 4K screens i had ComboBox to choose size 0-15 for sample ... Better
[+] image
Smoky, did I get you right that you want to see the "Order Name" value from the Order and Position Tracker-> Orders tab for historical orders + to be able to configure the size of all elements listed under the Format Chart Trading-> Historical Orders tab?

TCust

Postby TCust » 05 Apr 2018

In my database 3000 stock's. Sometimes I see not properly loaded data, which can not be reloaded, since they are already stored. Are you going to create an elementary function, re-download data for some period, to maintain the integrity of the database ?
TCust, our team is currently evaluating the re-downloading data feature. In the meantime you can use the Reload feature or Delete the data to have it downloaded from your data provider.
Henry this is very good function for trader's, with this feature we can have a clean and quality historycal database without error's.

For example, I want to reload the historical data for the last week on Saturday, as a result, my database will be fully consistent with the datafeed, and not to mention I can clear the errors inside the base.

Delete data, not good idea, only 1 year intraday data will download half day for thousands of tickers.

Ps. If you are overwriting data for few days during queries ( for the current RT- day ), this does not guarantee that there is no error on the part of the datafeed when loading large historical data at some point.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Apr 2018

Great to have Orders name in Historical Orders. for 4K screens i had ComboBox to choose size 0-15 for sample ... Better
[+] image
Smoky, did I get you right that you want to see the "Order Name" value from the Order and Position Tracker-> Orders tab for historical orders + to be able to configure the size of all elements listed under the Format Chart Trading-> Historical Orders tab?
YES Henry, i found a workaround to draw text order name on charts but use many gdi and time on signal script ...
it would be nice to see orders names when you load your historical charts.

another thing for 4K screens choose size of all elements would be great too, ( text and drawing symbols) easy to copy with combobox number...

my setup use two 4K sceens LoL

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 06 Apr 2018

"TPO aka Market Profile ®
Forget about our old TPO indicator– MultiCharts now offers a native chart type for the Time Price Opportunity analysis. Profile values are accessible from the code, you can run backtesting, optimization, and even perform auto trading, all from your TPO chart! We’ve made it flexible – the customization options brought to you allows for flawless switching from any other TPO tool you may be familiar with. Our TPO is crisp and clear on any display you use – the profiles can auto fit any screen, whether it is your laptop or your 4K monitor.
Market Profile ® is a registered trademark of the Chicago Board of Trade"

How can I access from code what are the instructions? I went into the PL dictionary but I can not find anything about it thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Apr 2018

[+] image
YES Henry, i found a workaround to draw text order name on charts but use many gdi and time on signal script ...
it would be nice to see orders names when you load your historical charts.

another thing for 4K screens choose size of all elements would be great too, ( text and drawing symbols) easy to copy with combobox number...

my setup use two 4K sceens LoL
Thanks for your suggestion. Our team will look into it.

fernando43611

Postby fernando43611 » 08 Apr 2018

is there a guide on how to read/interpret TPO charts??

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 08 Apr 2018

we miss the weekly item
ps

I am also waiting to know how to access the MP values ​​via code
Attachments
week.jpg
(32.71 KiB) Downloaded 4029 times

ABC

Postby ABC » 10 Apr 2018

Henry,

it would be great if the reloading feature could be expanded to the Portfolio Trader, too. If for example you are running a large portfolio of stocks in the Portfolio Trader missing data might go unnoticed (by the user) and create problems. The same goes for data feeds that adjust the data after a split - the old data would remain in the MC database unless it's cleared/reloaded.
An option to re-download all (x bars/days back) for all symbols in the Portfolio Trader would be a great feature to help maintaining data integrity.

Regards,

ABC

bomberone1

Postby bomberone1 » 10 Apr 2018

I use the max screen max resolution of my laptop at 1366x768.
I can not make the change that i want to the winds that i Open in MC
because the space of click button "OK" or "Cancel" is outside the screen.
Please Reduce the size oh the mc window.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2018

is there a guide on how to read/interpret TPO charts??
fernando43611, our TPO Wiki page is here: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ex.php/TPO
To learn more how to read/interpret the TPO charts - please refer to the resources available online.

Henry MultiСharts

we miss the weekly item
ps
I am also waiting to know how to access the MP values ​​via code
fibdax, we are going to add such option in the next beta, for the time being you can use “7 days” resolution to build a weekly profile.
TPO commands help file is in the works. I can share with you the draft:
[+] TPO commands
TPO_Settings_Base
Returns the base for TPO resolution, 0 for ticks, 1 for minutes.
This value is set in the Chart Type section of the Settings tab within the Format Instrument dialog for a chart.
Usage
TPO_Settings_Base
Example
TPO_Settings_Base will return a value of 0 for TPO resolution if the "Tick Based" option is enabled.
TPO_Settings_Base will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Settings_PeriodType
returns the period type "Block Size" of the TPO resolution setting, either minutes = 1, or daily = 2
Example
TPO_Settings_PeriodType will return a value of 1 for 15 minutes TPO Block Size
TPO_Settings_PeriodType will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Settings_PeriodSize

returns the size of the "Block Size" period of the TPO resolution setting, either minutes = 1, or daily = 2
Example
TPO_Settings_PeriodSize will return a value of 15 for 15 minutes TPO Block Size
TPO_Settings_PeriodSize will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Settings_PriceIncrement
returns the number of ticks in the block from the TPO resolution settings
Example
TPO_Settings_PriceIncrement will return a value of 10 for 10 ticks TPO Price Increment
TPO_Settings_PriceIncrement will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Levels_Count
returns the number of price levels in the TPO bar
Note:
The range of returned values is limited by the MaxBarsBack setting.
Assign value1 to the number of price levels on the current bar.
value1 = TPO_Levels_Count;
Assign value1 to the number of price levels on the previous bar.
value1 = TPO_Levels_Count [1];

TPO_Levels_High
returns the highest price level of the TPO bar
Note:
the maximum and minimum price level of the TPO bar in the general case may not coincide with the prices of high and low bars.

TPO_Levels_Low
returns the lowest price level of the TPO bar
Note:
the maximum and minimum price level of the TPO bar in the general case may not coincide with the prices of high and low bars.

TPO_POC
POC returns price level in TPO bar

TPO_POC_Value
the number of blocks in the POC level of the TPO bar

TPO_Levels_Value
Returns the number of blocks for the specified price level in the TPO bar
Usage
TPO_Levels_Value (price, barsback)
where
price - the price level for which you want to get the number of blocks
barsback - indicates the bar from which we get the desired value
Note:
you can specify an arbitrary price, if it does not coincide with any price level of the TPO bar, then the nearest to this price level will be taken. if the price goes beyond the bar, 0 will be returned.

TPO_Symbol_Levels_Value
Returns the number of blocks for the specified price level in the TPO bar with the number barNum
Usage
TPO_Symbol_Levels_Value (price, barNum)
where
price - the price level for which you want to get the number of blocks
barNum - indicates the bar from which we get the desired value
Note:
you can specify an arbitrary price, if it does not coincide with any price level of the TPO bar, then the nearest to this price level will be taken. if the price goes beyond the bar, 0 will be returned.
Note:
The range of returned values is not limited by the MaxBarsBack setting. This keyword can return the value of any bar of the data series.

TPO_TickSize
returns the size of the tick TPO bar, you can interpret this as the size of the TPO block by the price scale

Henry MultiСharts

Henry, it would be great if the reloading feature could be expanded to the Portfolio Trader, too. If for example you are running a large portfolio of stocks in the Portfolio Trader missing data might go unnoticed (by the user) and create problems. The same goes for data feeds that adjust the data after a split - the old data would remain in the MC database unless it's cleared/reloaded. An option to re-download all (x bars/days back) for all symbols in the Portfolio Trader would be a great feature to help maintaining data integrity.
ABC, thanks for your feedback, it has been forwarded to the dev team.

Henry MultiСharts

I use the max screen max resolution of my laptop at 1366x768.
I can not make the change that i want to the winds that i Open in MC
because the space of click button "OK" or "Cancel" is outside the screen.
Please Reduce the size oh the mc window.
bomberone1, Resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher is required for MultiCharts. That's the Minimum level in our tech specs: https://www.multicharts.com/tech-specs/

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 11 Apr 2018

we miss the weekly item
fibdax, we are going to add such option in the next beta, for the time being you can use “7 days” resolution to build a weekly profile.
TPO commands help file is in the works. I can share with you the draft:
returns the size of the tick TPO bar, you can interpret this as the size of the TPO block by the price scale[/spoiler]
Thanks for the info, I would like to understand something but for example the value of

TPO_Levels_High
returns the highest price level of the TPO bar
Note:
the maximum and minimum price level of the TPO bar in the general case may not coincide with the prices of high and low bars

TPO_Levels_High = Value Area High of the day or of the bar example if 30 min ??
Furthermore, if I use the TPO_Levels_High[1] statement , is it referred to yesterday's value?
thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2018

Thanks for the info, I would like to understand something but for example the value of TPO_Levels_High
Furthermore, if I use the TPO_Levels_High[1] statement , is it referred to yesterday's value?thanks
fibdax, TPO_Levels_High is not related to the Value Area, it returns the price level of the highest profile letter/block as if you have Force Price Increment set to 1 under the Style tab.
TPO_Levels_High[1] returns this value on the previous profile.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 11 Apr 2018

Thanks for the info, I would like to understand something but for example the value of TPO_Levels_High
Furthermore, if I use the TPO_Levels_High[1] statement , is it referred to yesterday's value?thanks
fibdax, TPO_Levels_High is not related to the Value Area, it returns the price level of the highest profile letter/block as if you have Force Price Increment set to 1 under the Style tab.
TPO_Levels_High[1] returns this value on the previous profile.

hello and thanks but I did not understand :(, I am attaching a chart you make me understand what indicates for example the tpo_levels_high thanks
Attachments
tpo cl.jpg
(147.91 KiB) Downloaded 3844 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Apr 2018

hello and thanks but I did not understand :(, I am attaching a chart you make me understand what indicates for example the tpo_levels_high thanks
fibdax, on the screenshot you have provided, TPO_Levels_High will return the price level of the highest profile letters at 63.80. I have highlighted it in green for you:
Attachments
TPO_Levels_High.png
(169.78 KiB) Downloaded 3787 times

jl12

Postby jl12 » 24 Apr 2018

In restoring the backup to 12 the DDE templates have not restored , are these a file that can be copiid

jl12

Postby jl12 » 25 Apr 2018

Printing the values of the functions provided in the TPO analysis such as TPO_POC[0] gives yesterdays POC and TPO_POC[1] gives POC 2 days ago but I am not seeing today's developing POC is this to be available,.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Apr 2018

In restoring the backup to 12 the DDE templates have not restored , are these a file that can be copiid
jl12, make sure you have selected the checkbox Private Authentication Data -> Data Feed Settings.
Attachments
Backup.png
(28.09 KiB) Downloaded 3462 times

jl12

Postby jl12 » 25 Apr 2018

Thanks Henry I wasn't aware of the settings for backup

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Apr 2018

Printing the values of the functions provided in the TPO analysis such as TPO_POC[0] gives yesterdays POC and TPO_POC[1] gives POC 2 days ago but I am not seeing today's developing POC is this to be available,.
jl12, if you are using a signal - make sure you have IOG enabled, if you are using an indicator - make sure you have "Update on every tick" enabled. That is required to have the study calculated on realtime data (current open bar), not only on bar close. Please also keep in mind that the value returned in the code corresponds with the TPO chart that has "Force Price Increment" set to 1 under the Style tab.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 27 Apr 2018

will we have the WeBank API upgraded to a wider range of days of historical data downloaded with the new release 12 of Multicharts, as described in this post viewtopic.php?t=51111
I use for italian stocks data, Multicharts with T3 Open from WeBank which permits me to interface Multicharts with italian market and download italian stocks data. The problem is about the lenght of historical data downloadable through Multichars which is much more shorter then the real possibility of T3 Open API of WeBank.
Here is the official manual of T3 Open
https://www.webank.it/wscmn/doc/ret/Manuale_T3_open.pdf

Frequency = TBT: il parametro data Da deve essere valorizzata con una data che sia non più
vecchia di quindici giorni rispetto alla data odierna;

Frequency = 1M: il parametro data Da deve essere valorizzata con una data che sia non più
vecchia di quindici giorni rispetto alla data odierna;

Translated.......

frequency = 1M/TBT: The date parameter must be validated with a date that is no longer
fifteen days old compared to today's date;

at page 39 - 40 paragraph 2.9.1 the manual describes that the historical data downladable tick by tick and 1 minute data is 15 days, and it's true because other softwares interfaced with T3 Open of WeBank, can really download 15 days of historical data (Tick by tick and minute).
With Multicharts I can download only 1 day (today date) for tick by tick data and 2 days of 1 minute data, not more instead of 15 days back of the real possibility of their API. How can it be possible ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Apr 2018

will we have the WeBank API upgraded to a wider range of days of historical data downloaded with the new release 12 of Multicharts, as described in this post viewtopic.php?t=51111
CrazyNasdaq, we have already implemented it in MultiCharts 12 Beta 1, but there are some issues on WeBank side that should be addressed by their team. Sadly, we haven’t received any reply from them regarding this matter. If you have contacts of Webank representatives who can assist with this, please ask them to contact us.

maxmax68

Postby maxmax68 » 27 Apr 2018

Hello Henry,
for any question or information about T3Open (the java platform to connect Multicharts to Webank)
your engineers can contact:

Technical Support Team

t3open.supporto@par-tec.it

Probably, they can give you all the informations and the help you need to connect correctly Multicharts with Webank.

Please let us know if you get answers to your requests.

This is part of an answer they gave me:
We invite you to consult the official documentation of the T3OPEN platform (https://www.webank.it/wscmn/doc/ret/Manuale_T3_open.pdf) and in particular the paragraph "Example of TCP clients" that could serve as a starting point for establish a socket connection with T3OPEN and take advantage of the TCP services offered.
Best regards.
Massimo

Gaempi

Postby Gaempi » 30 Apr 2018

What i am missing in the new optimization window (opimization progress):

- total number of simulations
- elapsed simulations
- % elapsed simultion

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2018

Hello Henry,
for any question or information about T3Open (the java platform to connect Multicharts to Webank)
your engineers can contact:

Technical Support Team

t3open.supporto@par-tec.it

Probably, they can give you all the informations and the help you need to connect correctly Multicharts with Webank.

Please let us know if you get answers to your requests.

This is part of an answer they gave me:
We invite you to consult the official documentation of the T3OPEN platform (https://www.webank.it/wscmn/doc/ret/Manuale_T3_open.pdf) and in particular the paragraph "Example of TCP clients" that could serve as a starting point for establish a socket connection with T3OPEN and take advantage of the TCP services offered.
Best regards.
Massimo
Massimo, thanks for sharing this info. We have already contacted this email address with no turnaround before. I will keep you updated about the progress we have.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2018

What i am missing in the new optimization window (opimization progress):

- total number of simulations
- elapsed simulations
- % elapsed simultion
Gaempi, thanks for your feedback. I will check with our dev team if this is something that is in our to-do list.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 02 May 2018

hello I tried this code but mc does not return the results and remains the writing calculating ....
thanks ,see gif

if C<= TPO_POC[1] and marketposition=0 then Buy This Bar On Close;
setstoploss(200);
setprofittarget(600);
setexitonclose;
Attachments
setting.jpg
(49.72 KiB) Downloaded 3179 times
test mp.jpg
(216.69 KiB) Downloaded 3179 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 May 2018

hello I tried this code but mc does not return the results and remains the writing calculating ....
thanks ,see gif

if C<= TPO_POC[1] and marketposition=0 then Buy This Bar On Close;
setstoploss(200);
setprofittarget(600);
setexitonclose;
fibdax, please configure the MaxBarsBack for this chart.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 May 2018

Return to “MultiCharts”