Strategy keywords

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maxpi

Strategy keywords

Postby maxpi » 15 Jun 2007

Do the buy and sell, buytocover and sellshort words work the same in multicharts as TS? I'm testing a futures contract, in reality when I trade it a simple buy or sell will take me from short to long or vice versa. With TS I have to use combinations of the words and I have to be aware that the buy signal from a short position takes me flat and then [on the next tick or bar apparently] issues a buy signal to get me long.

In reality this is all not needed for a futures contract. I would much, much prefer to use buy and sell to do everything in the backtest. Is that possible with Multicharts?

Kate

Postby Kate » 18 Jun 2007

Could you send me this strategy or at least its part which will help us reproduce the situation to tokareva@tssupport.com? If possible please also send me your workspace to which you apply this strategy.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 20 Jun 2007

Will do, right after vacation. It would be good to have a checkbox or instruction to tell the backtester that a futures contract is being tested and then simple buy/sell instructions would work in the backtest exactly as they would work trading the instrument in realtime. Testing with "sell short" and "buytocover" makes 1) backtesting very difficult 2) me uncomfortable, I want to trade EXACTLY the same code that I backtest to the extent possible.

Return to “MultiCharts”