Data from IB?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maxpi

Data from IB?

Postby maxpi » 15 Jun 2007

I downloaded TWS, and the API from IB. I set TWS to work with active X controls. I added the symbol "YM" to the quote manager from IB. When I make the chart for YM the dialogue box from TWS comes up asking if I want to accept connection but it disappears immediately.

Whaaaaatttttt??????

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007

that means you are connected.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 16 Jun 2007

that means you are connected.
There is no data available. I am looking for the tutorial, I think it is on this site and not with the software.....

Kate

Postby Kate » 18 Jun 2007

You can find our online tutorials at http://tssupport.com/support/tutorials/

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 21 Jun 2007

OK, I went through the tutorial carefully, still getting the TWS dialogue box asking if I want to accept the incoming connection but it stays up just a second then disappears. I can add the symbol to the choices in quote manager exactly as the tutorial indicates. When I add the new chart the dialogue box comes up and disappears faster then I can click to accept the incoming connection and I cannot get data from TWS.

I had exactly this problem when using dynaorder a long time ago. I recall that the solution had something to do with installation, I had not installed the API software from IB, or I had a dll in the wrong folder, something like that. Currently I think that I have followed all the directions exactly but I might have missed something in the installation.

maxpi

I tried to get data into a chart from TS, went through the tutorial, same thing. The event log in the quote manager says it is sending trade history to data server from TS, then "no realtime data for symbol" [it's after hours] and the chart says "no data".

maxpi

I got it somehow. I think I was not checking the box to load history when the chart pulled up and something else was interfering with the realtime data.

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007

open quotemanager. you can see if the symbol is connected and downloading data.

when you create a graph, don't be too greedy, download only 10 day's data to test out the chart. longer time period might take longer to download, especially if you are requesting fine resolution data.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 22 Jun 2007

Forum search is not working for me currently. I like this software so far but the problems I am having in getting data are a bit tedious. I understand that the data aquisition is way more powerful than TS's and therefore complicated, not a problem for me if I can basically get it to function.

I have a chart of YMU07, Dow mini contracts. I can get some of yesterday's data, but the session ending time is way off. For today I have a gap up to the time I started looking at the chart and gaps for all the times I had MC shut down. How can I get IB to fill in these gaps??

If IB is the problem then my question is would DTN be better?

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 22 Jun 2007

I did clear the cache, refresh the chart, kill the chart and start another one, play with the settings in the quote manager, etc. I can't think of another thing to do.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 24 Jun 2007

I put in some symbols from TS data source, the charts all think the friday session starts at about 11:28 am and won't load history before Thursday.

This is just buggy as far as I can tell.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 24 Jun 2007

Working fine now!! I uninstalled the MC and reinstalled, followed the tutorials and I have data in the chart now. Not a problem.

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2007

Personally I wish they would throttle the backfill in a similar fashion to that like AB... which breaks up your download into 5 day segments, allowing the charts to drow faster, instead of waiting for ALL the data to download before you can see chart data....

AND if you have exisiting Data, bring up the data you have on the chart while filling in missing data..

As it stands presently I feel like I am waiting for a lifetime for 4 charts to load data.....

Kate

Loading data from IB fast

Postby Kate » 28 Jun 2007

Dear Guest,
We should thank you for your idea. You are absolutely right in saying so and our developers are already working on this issue and this suggestion will be implemented in a short while. Please review posts on that subject on the following page: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3779

Return to “MultiCharts”