Charts lagging in windows 10  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
darob

Charts lagging in windows 10

Postby darob » 12 Jul 2018

Hi, I’m comparing MC 11.0 build 16153 in Windows 7 and Windows 10. What I’m finding is a scanner linked to 3 charts—5 min, 30 min and daily—switches instruments in the charts almost instantly in Windows 7 (the daily occasionally lagging a bit) but in Windows 10 there’s a long pause, maybe 4 seconds, and then the 3 charts switch at once. Is this normal or expected? I’ve “debloated” and tweaked Windows 10 per various recommendations found online.

Also I got going in Windows 10 using the MC restore app. Should I try setting it up from scratch?

Thanks

darob

Re: Charts lagging in windows 10

Postby darob » 13 Jul 2018

It's the Antimalware service. When I switch it off instrument switching speeds right up. I have to figure out how to exclude MC from the service.

darob

Postby darob » 15 Jul 2018

Adding MultiCharts64.exe and tws.exe as exclusions removes the lag. Is this advisable?
Thanks.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Charts lagging in windows 10  [SOLVED]

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 17 Jul 2018

Hello, darob

We recommend to add all MultiCharts processes as exclusions in your antivirus settings.
You can do it by adding the paths to the folders where MultiCharts is installed (by default they are C:\ProgramData\TS Support and C:\Program Files\TS Support) to the exclusions.

darob

Postby darob » 17 Jul 2018

Thanks Svetlana, this is a big improvement.

snoop

Postby snoop » 20 Jul 2018

I have a new installation (newer version of windows 10 vs previous pc) where I have added all the individual exe's and the mentioned folders to the exclusion list, but still the antimalware service runs continuously. If I disable the realtime service, pc performance improves noticeably. It appears to be a windows issue but I'm surprised other users haven't encountered it. It seems as though my exclusion list is ignored.
Hello, darob

We recommend to add all MultiCharts processes as exclusions in your antivirus settings.
You can do it by adding the paths to the folders where MultiCharts is installed (by default they are C:\ProgramData\TS Support and C:\Program Files\TS Support) to the exclusions.

darob

Postby darob » 20 Jul 2018

Hi snoop, adding the data provider's process to the exclusions had the biggest impact, if this is any help. The antimalware service will still be running as it should.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”