MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Aug 2018

MultiCharts 12.0 Release is available for download now (64 bit build 16642)!
*To receive the 32-bit installer file please contact support directly.

Featuring Time Price Opportunity analysis (TPO) chart type, Matrix Optimization, Strategy Robustness, Kase bars, reworked optimization GUI, Bittrex data feed, ability to Flush Cached Data to Database manually, and many other improvements!
Click here for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

This is a critical update for the CQG users. In order to be able to continue receiving CQG data you need to install this build before CQG Server update on 08/25/18!

Important information for the existing Poloniex data feed users:
MultiCharts now swaps the symbol names provided by Poloniex API to provide the pairs the way they are listed on the Poloniex website.
One should rename the existing symbols or re-add the new symbol names and update the existing workspaces accordingly!

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Release download page <<<

Make sure you do not miss our MultiCharts 12 introductory offer: ! SUPER HOT SUMMER OFFER !

jl12

Re: MULTICHARTS 12.0 RELEASE

Postby jl12 » 08 Aug 2018

Is there a list of TPO reserved words available I haven't found them in Wiki ideally I would like to reference TPOs or volume at a specific price.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Aug 2018

jl12, TPO commands help file is in the works. I can share with you the draft:
[+] TPO commands
TPO_Settings_Base
Returns the base for TPO resolution, 0 for ticks, 1 for minutes.
This value is set in the Chart Type section of the Settings tab within the Format Instrument dialog for a chart.
Usage
TPO_Settings_Base
Example
TPO_Settings_Base will return a value of 0 for TPO resolution if the "Tick Based" option is enabled.
TPO_Settings_Base will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Settings_PeriodType
returns the period type "Block Size" of the TPO resolution setting, either minutes = 1, or daily = 2
Example
TPO_Settings_PeriodType will return a value of 1 for 15 minutes TPO Block Size
TPO_Settings_PeriodType will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Settings_PeriodSize

returns the size of the "Block Size" period of the TPO resolution setting, either minutes = 1, or daily = 2
Example
TPO_Settings_PeriodSize will return a value of 15 for 15 minutes TPO Block Size
TPO_Settings_PeriodSize will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Settings_PriceIncrement
returns the number of ticks in the block from the TPO resolution settings
Example
TPO_Settings_PriceIncrement will return a value of 10 for 10 ticks TPO Price Increment
TPO_Settings_PriceIncrement will return a value of -1 for Kagi or regular resolutions charts.

TPO_Levels_Count
returns the number of price levels in the TPO bar
Note:
The range of returned values is limited by the MaxBarsBack setting.
Assign value1 to the number of price levels on the current bar.
value1 = TPO_Levels_Count;
Assign value1 to the number of price levels on the previous bar.
value1 = TPO_Levels_Count [1];

TPO_Levels_High
returns the highest price level of the TPO bar
Note:
the maximum and minimum price level of the TPO bar in the general case may not coincide with the prices of high and low bars.

TPO_Levels_Low
returns the lowest price level of the TPO bar
Note:
the maximum and minimum price level of the TPO bar in the general case may not coincide with the prices of high and low bars.

TPO_POC
POC returns price level in TPO bar

TPO_POC_Value
the number of blocks in the POC level of the TPO bar

TPO_Levels_Value
Returns the number of blocks for the specified price level in the TPO bar
Usage
TPO_Levels_Value (price, barsback)
where
price - the price level for which you want to get the number of blocks
barsback - indicates the bar from which we get the desired value
Note:
you can specify an arbitrary price, if it does not coincide with any price level of the TPO bar, then the nearest to this price level will be taken. if the price goes beyond the bar, 0 will be returned.

TPO_Symbol_Levels_Value
Returns the number of blocks for the specified price level in the TPO bar with the number barNum
Usage
TPO_Symbol_Levels_Value (price, barNum)
where
price - the price level for which you want to get the number of blocks
barNum - indicates the bar from which we get the desired value
Note:
you can specify an arbitrary price, if it does not coincide with any price level of the TPO bar, then the nearest to this price level will be taken. if the price goes beyond the bar, 0 will be returned.
Note:
The range of returned values is not limited by the MaxBarsBack setting. This keyword can return the value of any bar of the data series.

TPO_TickSize
returns the size of the tick TPO bar, you can interpret this as the size of the TPO block by the price scale

arnie

Postby arnie » 08 Aug 2018

I've been waiting for the full release so I haven't touched TPO charts since first beta but...

-Why can't I have letters with size 6 or even lower? It's stuck at 8. Can't go lower.
-Why when we zoom out letters become blocks? I want to see letters not blocks. If I want to see blocks I choose blocks, not letters.
Last edited by arnie on 09 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 09 Aug 2018

Thanks Henry the draft information on Tpo s is just what I needed

jl12

Postby jl12 » 09 Aug 2018

Henry I tried this simple statement in an indicator to test the function and it came back with compile error line 0 column 0;

value99=TPO_levels_Value(162.24,1);
print(d,time_s,value99);

Please could you tell me what the problem might be.

Kinko Hyo

Postby Kinko Hyo » 09 Aug 2018

Hello,

After installing on 12, many indicators will no longer be displayed in the chart. Under Format Objects the status is then Unverified and the SubChart is set to Hidden. Unfortunately, Multicharts 12 is then unusable and a return to 11 is not possible without backup. Please help.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Aug 2018

Henry I tried this simple statement in an indicator to test the function and it came back with compile error line 0 column 0;

print(d,time_s,value99);

jl12, if you are running Windows 10, then such error can appear after a system update was installed. You need to do a clean reboot of your PC to be able to compile the studies.
If that is not the case - please follow these instructions to resolve the issue:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... mnEnd_0%29

Henry MultiСharts

Hello,

After installing on 12, many indicators will no longer be displayed in the chart. Under Format Objects the status is then Unverified and the SubChart is set to Hidden. Unfortunately, Multicharts 12 is then unusable and a return to 11 is not possible without backup. Please help.
Kinko Hyo, thanks for reporting. The issue has been confirmed and forwarded to the dev team.

Henry MultiСharts

-Why can't I have letters with size 6 or even lower? It's stuck at 8. Can't go lower.
arnie, we will check that and provide an update.
-Why when we zoom out letters become blocks? I want to see letters not blocks. If I want to see blocks I choose blocks, not letters.
When it becomes impossible to read the letters, they become blocks, similar to the OHLC bars becoming a trend, when the chart is compressed and you can't see the open and close values.

Jad

Postby Jad » 10 Aug 2018

Hello,

Kinko Hyo, thanks for reporting. The issue has been confirmed and forwarded to the dev team.
In view of the above, and "This is a critical update for the CQG users. In order to be able to continue receiving CQG data you need to install this build before CQG Server update on 08/10/18!" what do you suggest for CQG users?

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 10 Aug 2018

Hello,

I've the same problem in my workspaces and it's a VERY BIG PROBLEM for me because the indicators are mine and if I open them through PowerLanguage they are all compiled without errors, but they can't be displayed and used
The problem is very important for me because they are at the core of my trading signals and this way I can't trade anything
Please solve this as soon as possible !!!!

Attachments
2018-08-10_09-54-21.jpg
(254.51 KiB) Downloaded 43801 times

strelow

Postby strelow » 10 Aug 2018

comands : Arw_New ,Text_New not working

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Aug 2018

Hello,After installing on 12, many indicators will no longer be displayed in the chart. Under Format Objects the status is then Unverified and the SubChart is set to Hidden. Unfortunately, Multicharts 12 is then unusable and a return to 11 is not possible without backup. Please help.
I've the same problem in my workspaces and it's a VERY BIG PROBLEM for me because the indicators are mine and if I open them through PowerLanguage they are all compiled without errors, but they can't be displayed and used. The problem is very important for me because they are at the core of my trading signals and this way I can't trade anything. Please solve this as soon as possible !!!!
In view of the above, and "This is a critical update for the CQG users. In order to be able to continue receiving CQG data you need to install this build before CQG Server update on 08/10/18!" what do you suggest for CQG users?
Please find attached the hotfix for this issue. You need to save the file, unzip it and follow the installation guide:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... an_Updater
Attachments
12x64.zip
for 64 bit MultiCharts
(5.03 MiB) Downloaded 546 times

Henry MultiСharts

"This is a critical update for the CQG users. In order to be able to continue receiving CQG data you need to install this build before CQG Server update on 08/10/18!"
CQG has postponed rolling out this update until 08/25/18. The corresponding info has been updated in the related posts/topics.

Henry MultiСharts

arnie, we will check that and provide an update.
arnie, in MultiCharts 12 Release 2 we will make the smallest supported TPO Font Size = 4.

Henry MultiСharts

comands : Arw_New ,Text_New not working
strelow, it works OK on our end. Please check your code.

Code: Select all

if(mod(currentbar, 2) = 0) then text_new(date, time, high, "bar") else arw_new(date, time, low, true);

CrazyNasdaq

Multicharts 12 has a completly WRONG Trades SUMMARY in the Order & Position Tracker
It gives back as result a negative performance history since last 2 months and since the beginning of the year while in reality I'm wide positive
It's TOTALLY Wrong in number of trades, GAIN/Loss in the period, Numbers of contracts held and so on ..... TOTALLY !!!!
Very BAD

CrazyNasdaq

Multicharts 12 has a completly WRONG Trades SUMMARY in the Order & Position Tracker
It gives back as result a negative performance history since last 2 months and since the beginning of the year while in reality I'm wide positive
It's TOTALLY Wrong in number of trades, GAIN/Loss in the period, Numbers of contracts held and so on ..... TOTALLY !!!!
Very BAD
I've saved the pictures of the last 3 moths Trades Summary after updated to MC12 and then rolled back to MC 11 r9 to show the problems
Netprofit - Total # of trades - Performance and so on are totally wrong after update
They are ALL wrong since the beginning of the year
I must stay with the MC 11 r9 and stay with the Roll back to MC 11 r9 because there are still bugs in MC 12
Hope these bugs will be solved before August 25th when CQG will update his servers
Attachments
2018-08-10_17-02-55.jpg
OPT MC 12 vs. OPT MC11 r9
(375.17 KiB) Downloaded 43736 times
2018-08-10_17-16-36.jpg
OPT MC 11 r9 Since June
(184.57 KiB) Downloaded 43736 times
MC12 OPT June.jpg
OPT MC 12 Since June
(188.83 KiB) Downloaded 43736 times
2018-08-10_17-13-44.jpg
OPT MC 11 r9 Since July
(177.64 KiB) Downloaded 43736 times
MC 12 OPT.jpg
OPT MC 12 Since July
(194.51 KiB) Downloaded 43736 times

Henry MultiСharts

CrazyNasdaq, please send us the logs for analysis from your current MultiCharts platform: go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
Select two options:
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the other options as we do not need them right now.

automaton

Postby automaton » 10 Aug 2018

Rectified the issue with the Ctrl+S and Ctrl+P hotkeys not working in the Performance Report window:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2215

Henry. The above usability improvement worked smoothly in regards to utilizing CTRL+S and CTRL+P keyboard shortcuts, but it seems to have inadvertently created a new issue that didn't exist in the previous versions. Some sort of key lock on this little GUI box will not allow you to key your way forward using ENTER, or even the TAB key to try to access it. It rejects it, sounding a ring. Mouse clicking does work though.
Capture.PNG
(26.41 KiB) Downloaded 43682 times

raffaele

Postby raffaele » 11 Aug 2018

When I export the optimization results in csv format, the "ONLY" fields that have been exported are:

Net Profit
Gross Profit
Gross Loss
Total Trades
% Profitable
Winning Trades
Profit Factor
and optmized inputs

No matter the selection I have previuosly made in settings, even if I change the fields in settings the export is always the same as above.

eegroup

Postby eegroup » 11 Aug 2018

Unless we are missing something someplace, the Bold Face font option is inoperable in MC 12.0. Whether the "Bold" checkbox is checked or not, all text is displayed as "Regular" non-Bold fonts. Reference the Format Price Scale, Format Time Scale, Text plotting, etc. Seems that all text is affected.

Thanks.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 12 Aug 2018

CrazyNasdaq, please send us the logs for analysis from your current MultiCharts platform: go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
Select two options:
All sent as you described

general

Postby general » 12 Aug 2018

*To receive the 32-bit installer file please contact support directly.".

..... When will MC 12 (32bit) be officially released?
Thanks

general

Postby general » 12 Aug 2018

I have been using Interactive Brokers (IB) + MultiCharts for almost 8 years.

Last week, I upgraded MC to latest version (ver 12, 64bit). The connection failed.

Below is the log and QuoteManager.
Does anyone have similar problem?
IB_MC12_Connection.jpg
(211.43 KiB) Downloaded 43523 times

eegroup

Postby eegroup » 12 Aug 2018

Hi general,

You might want to check out this other thread regarding using the IB gateway rather than TWS: viewtopic.php?t=51568

Good luck with your issue.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 13 Aug 2018

If the BUGS ar NOT solved for the 25th of August, is it possible to have an Hotfix which update the CQG API to the new release to install in MC 11 R9
For me is important to work with a very stable platform which gives me the right records of my trades for my statistical trading reports and for now that's not possible with MC 12 release

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 13 Aug 2018

@general

I had a problem with MC12 and IB last week. I really didn't have time to figure out what was happening so I rolled back to MC11. That was not as easy as I expected. Even though I had recompiled the strategy, it refused be recognized as compiled. I had to fully delete MC11 and reinstall from scratch which means I also lost my database. It has taken me all weekend to get back to normal. That meant also going back and fixing tons of bad ticks in IQFeeds intraday equity data.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Aug 2018

Always make a full backup before upgrading

See Post #2
viewtopic.php?t=6845

ps. at the minimum, we should do weekly backups

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Aug 2018

Rectified the issue with the Ctrl+S and Ctrl+P hotkeys not working in the Performance Report window:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2215
Henry. The above usability improvement worked smoothly in regards to utilizing CTRL+S and CTRL+P keyboard shortcuts, but it seems to have inadvertently created a new issue that didn't exist in the previous versions. Some sort of key lock on this little GUI box will not allow you to key your way forward using ENTER, or even the TAB key to try to access it. It rejects it, sounding a ring. Mouse clicking does work though.
automaton, thanks for letting us know, we will have it corrected.

Henry MultiСharts

When I export the optimization results in csv format, the "ONLY" fields that have been exported are:

Net Profit
Gross Profit
Gross Loss
Total Trades
% Profitable
Winning Trades
Profit Factor
and optmized inputs

No matter the selection I have previuosly made in settings, even if I change the fields in settings the export is always the same as above.
raffaele, are you using MultiCharts or Portfolio Trader? I get matching report columns and the saved csv file in both.

Henry MultiСharts

Unless we are missing something someplace, the Bold Face font option is inoperable in MC 12.0. Whether the "Bold" checkbox is checked or not, all text is displayed as "Regular" non-Bold fonts. Reference the Format Price Scale, Format Time Scale, Text plotting, etc. Seems that all text is affected. Thanks.
eegroup, that is a known issue. We'll have it fixed in the next update.

Henry MultiСharts

Very BAD
This issue has been replicated and forwarded to the dev team for further analysis.

Henry MultiСharts

*To receive the 32-bit installer file please contact support directly.".

..... When will MC 12 (32bit) be officially released?
Thanks
general, it is already available on demand. Email to support to receive the download link.

Henry MultiСharts

I have been using Interactive Brokers (IB) + MultiCharts for almost 8 years.
Last week, I upgraded MC to latest version (ver 12, 64bit). The connection failed.
Below is the log and QuoteManager.
Does anyone have similar problem?
Please send us the logs for analysis when the issue appears. Go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->your MultiCharts version->Feedback).
Select two options:

Henry MultiСharts

@general

I had a problem with MC12 and IB last week. I really didn't have time to figure out what was happening so I rolled back to MC11. That was not as easy as I expected. Even though I had recompiled the strategy, it refused be recognized as compiled. I had to fully delete MC11 and reinstall from scratch which means I also lost my database. It has taken me all weekend to get back to normal. That meant also going back and fixing tons of bad ticks in IQFeeds intraday equity data.
hughesfleming, upon uninstalling MultiCharts there is an option to remove user data. By default it is disabled.
So if you do not enable it - all user data will remain unchanged.

Henry MultiСharts

If the BUGS ar NOT solved for the 25th of August, is it possible to have an Hotfix which update the CQG API to the new release to install in MC 11 R9
For me is important to work with a very stable platform which gives me the right records of my trades for my statistical trading reports and for now that's not possible with MC 12 release
We'll create an updater and post it in the corresponding CQG topic as soon as it is available.

raffaele

Postby raffaele » 13 Aug 2018

Net Profit
Gross Profit
Gross Loss
Total Trades
% Profitable
Winning Trades
Profit Factor
and optmized inputs

raffaele, are you using MultiCharts or Portfolio Trader? I get matching report columns and the saved csv file in both.
I am using Multicharts..... in the optimization report I set as field: Net Profit, Avg Trade, Total Trades, % Profitable, Max DD, Win Loss Ratio, Profit Factor and the strategy inputs.
If I want to save the report in .MCReport or in .ors format, no problem, all is correct, but if I want to save the report in csv format, the only fields exported are what I mentioned above, and the same if I use the "copy to clipboard" button and paste the content in a csv./excel file

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Aug 2018

Net Profit
Gross Profit
Gross Loss
Total Trades
% Profitable
Winning Trades
Profit Factor
and optmized inputs

I am using Multicharts..... in the optimization report I set as field: Net Profit, Avg Trade, Total Trades, % Profitable, Max DD, Win Loss Ratio, Profit Factor and the strategy inputs.
If I want to save the report in .MCReport or in .ors format, no problem, all is correct, but if I want to save the report in csv format, the only fields exported are what I mentioned above, and the same if I use the "copy to clipboard" button and paste the content in a csv./excel file
raffaele, this behavior is by design, only the enabled columns are exported into a csv file/clipboard, while .MCReport and .ors format store the complete report.

raffaele

Postby raffaele » 15 Aug 2018

Hi Henry
ok for .MCReport and .ors format, these are not the problem and it's ok how Multicharts works. The issue remains the export in .csv.
When I enable my personal selection of column, when I save the report in .csv file seems that my choice doesn't matter and the only fields exported are always the same..... only these:
Net Profit
Gross Profit
Gross Loss
Total Trades
% Profitable
Winning Trades
Profit Factor
and optmized inputs

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Aug 2018

Hi Henry
ok for .MCReport and .ors format, these are not the problem and it's ok how Multicharts works. The issue remains the export in .csv.
When I enable my personal selection of column, when I save the report in .csv file seems that my choice doesn't matter and the only fields exported are always the same..... only these:
Net Profit
Gross Profit
Gross Loss
Total Trades
% Profitable
Winning Trades
Profit Factor
and optmized inputs
I see what you mean now. Thanks for letting us know. We will have that corrected in MultiCharts 12 Release 2.

eegroup

Postby eegroup » 15 Aug 2018

Hi Henry,

Any ETA for MultiCharts Release 2?

Thanks,
eegroup

bucks

Postby bucks » 16 Aug 2018

I updated my MC11R9(build 16148) to MC12 on the first day released.
When MC12 was opening my workspace, I found the CPU usage is far less than MC11(which is good,MC11 usually takes almost 9x% cpu usage,for one workspace, and I got four to open...... :cry: ), however, it turned out that MC12 opens some windows, but ignores most of windows of the workspace.
I'm living by trading, and thus can't afford that situation,even for an hour, and I just restored back to the MC11 immediately.
Sorry for not delivery enough information, I wish you guys figure out what's wrong with it and seeing next version coming. :)

Fu510n

Postby Fu510n » 16 Aug 2018

For the most part, plenty of nice improvements though unfortunately I was able to keep MC11 up for a full week without issue but have been finding that MC12 has some pretty significant memory leaks that consume 16GB in a day or two at most. I have tabs containing charts with a month's worth of data on 5-10 point range bars for CL, RB, NG, YM, NQ, ES, XRP and one with 7 FANGs (stacked HA charts). I have less than 10 indicators on each and a couple signals on two charts FWIW.

Hoping that this issue gets resolved quickly as I really don't want to have to revert back to MC11 - checking for memory usage/leaks SHOULD have been done prior to release one would think :).

-Guy

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Aug 2018

Any ETA for MultiCharts Release 2?
eegroup, no firm ETA at the moment. We'll make it available as soon as we get more feedback about R1 and have the reported issues fixed.

Henry MultiСharts

I updated my MC11R9(build 16148) to MC12 on the first day released.
When MC12 was opening my workspace, I found the CPU usage is far less than MC11(which is good,MC11 usually takes almost 9x% cpu usage,for one workspace, and I got four to open...... :cry: ), however, it turned out that MC12 opens some windows, but ignores most of windows of the workspace.
I'm living by trading, and thus can't afford that situation,even for an hour, and I just restored back to the MC11 immediately.
Sorry for not delivery enough information, I wish you guys figure out what's wrong with it and seeing next version coming. :)
bucks, what do you mean exactly by "ignores most of windows of the workspace"? How specifically did you find out that some windows were ignored? Are they no longer present under the Window menu? Or the windows are open, but you are not getting the data on them? Or the studies are not present/calculated on these charts? Please send us a copy of the workspace for replicating this behavior on our end.

Henry MultiСharts

For the most part, plenty of nice improvements though unfortunately I was able to keep MC11 up for a full week without issue but have been finding that MC12 has some pretty significant memory leaks that consume 16GB in a day or two at most. I have tabs containing charts with a month's worth of data on 5-10 point range bars for CL, RB, NG, YM, NQ, ES, XRP and one with 7 FANGs (stacked HA charts). I have less than 10 indicators on each and a couple signals on two charts FWIW.

Hoping that this issue gets resolved quickly as I really don't want to have to revert back to MC11 - checking for memory usage/leaks SHOULD have been done prior to release one would think :).-Guy
Guy, there are no known memory issues at the moment. If it happens on a constant basis on your end - please either come to the live chat to demonstrate this behavior remotely or send us the workspace and data for replicating the issue on our end using the Feedback tool: Go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
Check only these options:
- Attach a screenshot (will be great if we can see the Task Manager Details tab with the memory usage per process there);
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened;
- Snapshot of current setup:
- Open workspaces;
- Data from active instruments;
- Include tick data;

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Aug 2018

I ran into the same RAM (and CPU) usage issue with MC. I tracked it down to Windows 10 "Defender".
I had to disable Defender and use a different anti-virus program.
Not sure if there is a conflict between MC and Defender or not.
I don't remember having a RAM (or CPU) issues with earlier versions of MC. I have 32gb ram. Intel I7 4ghz cpu, SSD
Attachments
Ram too Low2.jpg
(43.43 KiB) Downloaded 43189 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Aug 2018

Windows Defender should be retired.
Even Microsoft does not recommend it for current windows environment.

Fu510n

Postby Fu510n » 18 Aug 2018

I ran into the same RAM (and CPU) usage issue with MC. I tracked it down to Windows 10 "Defender".
I don't remember having a RAM (or CPU) issues with earlier versions of MC. I have 32gb ram. Intel I7 4ghz cpu, SSD
1) did you see this behavior with MC11?
2) did the memory usage go back to "normal" with MC12 once you disabled Defender?

I'm using Windows 10 (and Defender) at the moment as I figured it would be "light weight" vs. running something else like Bitdefender (which I use on all my non-trading machines). I guess I might as well drop the Windows garbage and install Bitdefender there as well and see if things change.

-Guy

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 18 Aug 2018

1) did you see this behavior with MC11?
2) did the memory usage go back to "normal" with MC12 once you disabled Defender?

I'm using Windows 10 (and Defender) at the moment as I figured it would be "light weight" vs. running something else like Bitdefender (which I use on all my non-trading machines). I guess I might as well drop the Windows garbage and install Bitdefender there as well and see if things change.

-Guy
Not sure if it happened with MC11 as well but probably did as I was fighting this for several weeks now. After disabling Defender, the CPU and Ram returned to normal.
In Win10 there is a simple on-off switch for Defender, so you can test it, to see if it solves your problem too. Just use an anti-virus that is not so invasive. I ended up using "Panda", very low cpu and ram usage.

snoop

Postby snoop » 19 Aug 2018

I discovered in a recent windows 10 update, the windows defender exclusion folders i had previously setup for multicharts, were no longer observed. Once i setup the individual multichart processes in the exclusion section, cpu usage went back to normal.
Not sure if it happened with MC11 as well but probably did as I was fighting this for several weeks now. After disabling Defender, the CPU and Ram returned to normal.
In Win10 there is a simple on-off switch for Defender, so you can test it, to see if it solves your problem too. Just use an anti-virus that is not so invasive. I ended up using "Panda", very low cpu and ram usage.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 20 Aug 2018

Started using MC 12 with IB, stumbled upon several issues:

1) IB CFD historical data would not load, motivating that "Data are not subscribed" and that it would start getting Delayed data after the delay period.

- I do have all the IB permissions for CFDs
- that was not a problem with MC11

2) How does the new "Request tick data direct from the API" option work ?
- with different instrument types, bid-ask-trade setting and "Use 1-5sec bars as ticks"
- it would be great to have a matrix in the Wiki detailing what is delivered in each combination

3) What exactly is delivered with and without "Use MarkPrice for Trades"?
- Which instruments are impacted?

4) Does "Simultaneous loading..." option work as intended?

- if I open 3 workspaces/ charts with 10 instruments on each and MC starts downloading in the most recent historical data, then - judging by the logs in QM - the data are requested/loaded in a sequence. And until the job for one instrument is not complete, data for another are not requested.

5) Something is grossly wrong with data requests/storage/display
- data are loaded but not displayed nor recorded to database
- strange times are used in requesting most recent data
- gaps in data

See several screenshots attached, demonstrating the issues.
Attachments
MC12_EURCAD_1day_back.JPG
(503.37 KiB) Downloaded 42981 times
MC12_EURCAD_1day_back_DB.JPG
(516.62 KiB) Downloaded 42981 times
MC12_EURAUD_1day_back_woRequestdirectfromAPI-1sec.JPG
(514.94 KiB) Downloaded 42981 times
MC12_EURAUD_1day_back_woRequestdirectfromAPI-1sec_DB.JPG
(274.13 KiB) Downloaded 42981 times
MC12_EURCAD1minbid_1day_back_20-08-2018.JPG
(564.55 KiB) Downloaded 42981 times

PK1

Postby PK1 » 20 Aug 2018

Today updated to Version 12 and since then evertime after closing MC an exception occurs.
I've tried to check which workspaces/charts trigger the problem and found two indicators which use an external DLL while testing only one loaded chart. I could see the prob over and over until these indicators where turned off. So I compiled every study and functions used by these indicators, it looked the functions had to be compiled to solve the problem.

Loading again my entire workspaces, the exceptions came back and I re-used my one workspace with the one chart and one of the above mentioned indicators --> exception occured as expected. To see the specific problem I made another indicator which was identical, in order to shrink the code as much as needed to see the problem. I was irritated to see that there was no exception anymore at the beginning with the identical indicator code.

I've tried these two identical indicators over and over, the original indicator forces the exception the identical copied indicator lets MC finish without exception. Wha is that? I can't say if this is invalidating some data or is "just" an exception ... the logs are send via the Dialog today to the support already, hope it helps!

As a side note: When turning off the indicator which causes the exception, then even after turning it off the exception occurs. Only after next MC-Start the indicator is off and closing MC is without exception. This is a sign that internally the handle to the imported DLL (via EXTERNAL:) is not thrown away by MC. Otherwise an indicator turned off couldn't force the exception. I don't know if this is really a problem but two identical indicators and only the copied one let MC finish nicely ----> ?

Thinking about the bugfix mentioned above regarding not shown indicators??

PK1

Postby PK1 » 21 Aug 2018

Today updated to Version 12 and since then evertime after closing MC an exception occurs
The support was helpful and has a dump, I could reproduce that an indicator as an example forces MC to throw that exception when MC is getting closed and the unchanged copy of the indicator doesn't. Thanks so much for the help!

Edit: Beside copying the indicator also renaming the indicator (inside PLE) helps that the exception is not occuring when exiting MC.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 22 Aug 2018

the worst problems upgrading to 12 i have been down for two days now costing me money. because windows 7 ultimate 64 bit will not load the .net 4.xx environment. what was wrong with .net 3.5 ?

how can a trader depend on this program when bad changes like this are made? i have contacted support and they say it's a ms problem. well everything was working fine until someone at mc wanted to make me upgrade .net why do i need .net anyway? did you guys even give me the correct version to download? i do not have mc.net

i have done everything and i am desperate to not lose any more money. i was better off at TS with their ***.

http://markbrown.com/screenshots/mc/

PK1

Postby PK1 » 22 Aug 2018

because windows 7 ultimate 64 bit will not load the .net 4.xx environment. what was wrong with .net 3.5 ?
.Net3.5 is from 2007 and since then the .Net-Framework has undergone huge improvements, also on the performance side.
I'm not sure what kind problem you have on Ultimate but I'm running things here on Win7 64Bit Prof and there's no problem with an up-to-date .Net-Framework. The download-link is easy to find on MS, just get there for the specific Framework or the support might tell you.

Mark Brown

I'm not sure what kind problem you have on Ultimate but I'm running things here on Win7 64Bit Prof and there's no problem with an up-to-date .
i am running ultimate - different os - so you dont know or understand my problem. the .net update that henry included was 6.1 which is wrong. i tried direct download and zillions of other solutions.

right now i cant even roll back to 11 because of the well known temp bug. now that fix doesn't work either.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 22 Aug 2018

i am running ultimate - different os - so you dont know or understand my problem. the .net update that henry included was 6.1 which is wrong. i tried direct download and zillions of other solutions.
whatever, just wanted to point out that it's not a drawback to change from such an old and rusty Framework like 3.5. And I'm not sure if there's really such a big difference between Ultimate and Prof when it comes to install JUST a .Net-Framework. Actually not a big deal at all!

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Aug 2018

@Mark Brown. I am sorry that you are having problems. I rolled back to 11 and everything is working. What is the temp bug? I have Multicharts running on Windows 10, 2012r2 and Server 2016. There are many options to upgrade from Windows 7 that work well with many advantages as well.

In the mean time, have you tried this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=42642

Alex

Mark Brown

In the mean time, have you tried this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=42642

Alex
about 100 times.

i cant even get back to 11 because of this

this is why i hate upgrades because they always have errors.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 22 Aug 2018

about 100 times.
sorry to say but this has nothing to do with the software you are trying to install. You should try to check whether your windows can be repaired if the installer service can't be used.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Aug 2018

Ok Mark. Got it.

If something comes to mind, I will send you a PM. It is 10pm here so it would have to be tomorrow. It looks like your permissions are messed up somehow in the same way they would be if you were not installing as Administrator.

regards,

Alex

Mark Brown

Ok Mark. Got it.

If something comes to mind, I will send you a PM. It is 10pm here so it would have to be tomorrow. It looks like your permissions are messed up somehow in the same way they would be if you were not installing as Administrator.

regards,

Alex
logged in as admin - gave temp sharing permissions - emptied temp - stopped and re regserver msiexec.exe - checked regedit - tried no services boot - rolled back updates - added over 100 updates - ran all the ms available kb preparation - couple of hundred other fixes all failed.

also something interesting i have a 2nd license i never use and i run it on my laptop - then when i ran my primary mc it bumped me. no i don't have then crossed and have never never ever run the 2nd license on my primary computer. so they should have not even seen each other.

Mark Brown

ok multicharts 12 forget that 4x .net will not work on windows 7 ultimate - what i need to know is this.

i have a destroyed version 11 on my main trading computer

i have a new version 12 on my backup laptop

please tell me where my studies are at on the version 11

tell me that i can move them over and the workspaces to the version 12?

can i just copy and replace the file over from 11 to 12?

if not is there a version 11 that i can install? and then copy the files over.

no i did not make any backups - please help me.

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Aug 2018

ok multicharts 12 forget that 4x .net will not work on windows 7 ultimate - what i need to know is this.

i have a destroyed version 11 on my main trading computer

i have a new version 12 on my backup laptop

please tell me where my studies are at on the version 11

tell me that i can move them over and the workspaces to the version 12?

can i just copy and replace the file over from 11 to 12?

if not is there a version 11 that i can install? and then copy the files over.

no i did not make any backups - please help me.

What you are doing is wrong and irresponsible on so many levels, I am astounded.
I will write an article on software upgrade best practices. Stay tuned.

At the time being, please see if this can help:
viewtopic.php?t=51572

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Aug 2018

the worst problems upgrading to 12 i have been down for two days now costing me money. because windows 7 ultimate 64 bit will not load the .net 4.xx environment. what was wrong with .net 3.5 ?

how can a trader depend on this program when bad changes like this are made? i have contacted support and they say it's a ms problem. well everything was working fine until someone at mc wanted to make me upgrade .net why do i need .net anyway? did you guys even give me the correct version to download? i do not have mc.net

i have done everything and i am desperate to not lose any more money. i was better off at TS with their ***.

http://markbrown.com/screenshots/mc/
Mark, as I have already specified in my email - there is an issue with the Microsoft .NET Framework installation on your PC. This is your OS failure and it has nothing to do with the new version of MultiCharts.

Microsoft NET Framework is a set of libraries that are required for the Windows applications operation. For MultiCharts 11 you need NET Framework version 3.5 and 4.0, starting from MultiCharts 12 you also need NET Framework version 4.5. This is applicable both to MultiCharts and MultiCharts .NET and has nothing to do with the programming environment of the platform.
right now i cant even roll back to 11 because of the well known temp bug. now that fix doesn't work either.
There is no "well known temp bug". That error was an issue of your OS setup and as you have replied to my recommendations on fixing it - "That worked Henry thank you very much. Mark".

Here are these instructions once again for you:
Please change the location of the system TEMP and TMP folders:
1. Click Windows Start button.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Click System, then select Advanced System Settings.
4. Click Environment Variables, then in the User Variables window double click on the TEMP variable or select it and then click the Edit button.
5. In the opened window, change Variable Value to C:\Windows\Temp and click OK.
6. Double click on the TMP Variable or select it and then click the Edit button.
7. In the opened window, change Variable Value to C:\Windows\Temp and click OK.

Then reboot your PC, disable anti virus and firewall applications.
You can run the installer of MultiCharts 11 now.

If this solution didn't help and you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST for remote assistance.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 23 Aug 2018

understand this - my multicharts 11 was working - my TS was working - when upgrading to multicharts 12 - multicharts tried to upgrade .net and FAILED - now i have no multicharts and i have no TS.

yes this is multicharts fault because you choose to include .net as part of the install package. how do i know the furnished .net was not corrupted with something that destroyed BOTH my multicharts and TS on the same machine that had been running them for years.

so if you had said in order to upgrade to multicharts 12 you need to first go to microsoft and upgrade your .net to 4.0 then that would have been my problem.

but because you decided to include .net 4.0 in the install it's your problem that both my ts and mc are both not working.

automaton

Postby automaton » 23 Aug 2018

yes this is multicharts fault because you choose to include .net as part of the install package. how do i know the furnished .net was not corrupted with something that destroyed BOTH my multicharts and TS on the same machine that had been running them for years.
Why are you the only one affected by this issue? Why do you not have a backup of your OS?

Anyone who treats this as a business has those technological failsafes in place. As TJ mentioned, this is beyond irresponsible, and now you blame MC for the outcome, which has nothing to do with MC software by the way. Considering you're the only one impacted, this issue SCREAMS user error and incompetence. Get your stuff together. If you have to install a new OS, then do it. Your wasting MC's, and your own time by pointing the finger.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 23 Aug 2018

Why are you the only one affected by this issue? Why do you not have a backup of your OS?
because i am the only one running windows 7 ultimate 64bit still. did you even test the installation with that os or just sling it out thinking everyone is on windows 10 amateur home owner os?

if you had not incorporated .net upgrade into your update then at least i know it would have been a microsoft issue for sure.

i bet in the future you stop adding .net into the updates because of this and if for no other reason than that your very welcome i helped you.

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 Aug 2018

Windows 7 Ultimate gives you no additional privileges in running MultiCharts,
nor any handicaps.

Unless your Window is a pirated copy, upgrading the .Net should not be a problem.

This .Net is part of the Windows environment. This feature is used by more than 1 billion people Worldwide.
Attachments
w7-xp-vista-chart-v1._V192568113_.jpg
(115.15 KiB) Downloaded 42716 times

Henry MultiСharts

understand this - my multicharts 11 was working - my TS was working - when upgrading to multicharts 12 - multicharts tried to upgrade .net and FAILED - now i have no multicharts and i have no TS.
MultiCharts application installation does not start until the required framework is installed. This means that the issue you have with the Framework installation should not affect your MultiCharts installation.
yes this is multicharts fault because you choose to include .net as part of the install package. how do i know the furnished .net was not corrupted with something that destroyed BOTH my multicharts and TS on the same machine that had been running them for years. so if you had said in order to upgrade to multicharts 12 you need to first go to microsoft and upgrade your .net to 4.0 then that would have been my problem.
MultiCharts comes with the NET Framework downloader from Microsoft website. According to your screenshots it is unable to download the file from MS servers on your PC, which has nothing to do with MultiCharts.
but because you decided to include .net 4.0 in the install it's your problem that both my ts and mc are both not working.
When you run the installer it asks if you want to install the Framework or not. You could click cancel in that window.
because i am the only one running windows 7 ultimate 64bit still. did you even test the installation with that os or just sling it out thinking everyone is on windows 10 amateur home owner os?
We test every installer file on all Windows versions starting with Windows XP.
if you had not incorporated .net upgrade into your update then at least i know it would have been a microsoft issue for sure.
NET Framework downloaders come with MultiCharts installer file for years. This is not something that was just recently introduced.

I would recommend you repairing your NET Framework installation on your PC and contacting Microsoft support or your system administrator if you fail to do so. After that is done - you can repair your existing MultiCharts installation via Windows Control Panel-> Programs and Features-> MultiCharts64->double left click–>Next->Repair.

All further posts regarding this subject will be deleted from this thread due to being off-topic.

Henry MultiСharts

1) IB CFD historical data would not load, motivating that "Data are not subscribed" and that it would start getting Delayed data after the delay period.
CFDs from IB are working the following way:
Stock CFD – historical and real-time data for Ask, Bid and Trade is available.
Index CFD – historical and real-time data for Ask and Bid is available.
We have not experienced any issues with receiving the CFD data from IB using the latest MultiCharts version on our end.
If you were able to get the data in MultiCharts 11, but cannot get it now in version 12, then please send us the following information:
[+] Required information
  1. Disable loading workspaces on start of MultiCharts (File->Preferences->Workspaces->uncheck “Open workspaces on start”.
  2. Close all MultiCharts applications and processes:
    https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes
  3. Go to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts64
    Delete all files/folders there – this will erase all old MultiCharts logs.
  4. Start MultiCharts.
  5. Please run one CFD chart for replicating the issue.
  6. Send us the logs for analysis using the Feedback tool:
    In MultiCharts go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
    Select these options:
    - Attach a screenshot;
    - Open workspaces;
  7. Please also email me a screenshot of your IB data feed settings from QuoteManager->Tools->Data sources->Interactive Brokers->Settings and specify the build and date of TWS you are running (TWS->Help->About).
2) How does the new "Request tick data direct from the API" option work ?
- with different instrument types, bid-ask-trade setting and "Use 1-5sec bars as ticks"
- it would be great to have a matrix in the Wiki detailing what is delivered in each combination
Until API update IB was providing only aggregated 1 and 5 second historical data. Then they made historical ticks available. When the new "Request tick data directly via API" option is enabled – historical tick data will be requested for the selected instrument/quote field. We are not aware of any limitations related to the symbol category/quote field. "Use 1-5sec bars as ticks" option is not available when "Request tick data directly via API" option is enabled.
3) What exactly is delivered with and without "Use MarkPrice for Trades"?
- Which instruments are impacted?
Use MarkPrice for Trades" affects the realtime data for Stocks and CFDs and helps to get the price values matching with the TWS. Per IB API docs:
Mark Price The mark price is equal to the LAST price unless:
Ask < Last - the mark price is equal to the ASK price.
Bid > Last - the mark price is equal to the BID price.
4) Does "Simultaneous loading..." option work as intended?

- if I open 3 workspaces/ charts with 10 instruments on each and MC starts downloading in the most recent historical data, then - judging by the logs in QM - the data are requested/loaded in a sequence. And until the job for one instrument is not complete, data for another are not requested.
Historical data is requested for the instruments one by one, never in parallel. This option slightly changes the default algorithm, you won’t see significant difference in the way the data is loaded when it is enabled. It can be considered obsolete since it was introduced long time ago and the algorithms of loading the historical data were refactored since then. You may notice no difference with/out it on a short interval of historical data.
5) Something is grossly wrong with data requests/storage/display
- data are loaded but not displayed nor recorded to database
- strange times are used in requesting most recent data
- gaps in data
See several screenshots attached, demonstrating the issues.
Thanks for letting us know, we will have that corrected in MultiCharts 12 Release 2.

SP

Postby SP » 24 Aug 2018

Henry,

could "Flush Cashed Data to Database" be also integrated under File->..... into the main program, so you don't always have to open the Quotemanager?

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 24 Aug 2018

Henry,

could "Flush Cashed Data to Database" be also integrated under File->..... into the main program, so you don't always have to open the Quotemanager?
Fully agree.
There is hardly a reason for placing it in QM if the data to be "flushed to database" are collected in the main MC program.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 24 Aug 2018

Thank you for your answers, Henry.

I tried to get you the logs, but I can get the CFD data now without a problem...Strange, might have been some glitch on IB's end.
Will monitor and will let you know, if problems.

On other points: it would be great to get all such info into Wiki.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 26 Aug 2018

To add:
with "Request Historical ticks directly from API", MC gets Bid prices=Ask.
w/o "Request H...", MC gets, but does not save any tick data to the database (as reported above)

jl12

Postby jl12 » 26 Aug 2018

Hello Henry

I have followed all the procedures referred to but still get the Compile error line 0 column 0

John

print(d,time_s,value99);

jl12, if you are running Windows 10, then such error can appear after a system update was installed. You need to do a clean reboot of your PC to be able to compile the studies.
If that is not the case - please follow these instructions to resolve the issue:

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 26 Aug 2018

Hello Henry

I have followed all the procedures referred to but still get the Compile error line 0 column 0

John

print(d,time_s,value99);

I tried your code and it does compile. The compiler has been less than 100% reliable for the past few versions of MC. (used to be 100% perfect in the older versions probably under Win7). It may have more to do with Windows10 than MC, I'm just not sure.
If you followed the steps for the short folder names, registry etc, then about all you can do is re-boot your computer and just load the editor and see if it will verify a simple study. If it does, I immediately do a "verify all" and leave it alone until I create a new study. That's what I do and usually, it will work the second or third time. It is annoying though, so I understand.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2018

Henry, could "Flush Cashed Data to Database" be also integrated under File->..... into the main program, so you don't always have to open the Quotemanager?
SP, we'll have it added in the next update.

Henry MultiСharts

Hello Henry

John

print(d,time_s,value99);

jl12, please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm ET for the remote assistance with this matter.

Henry MultiСharts

To add: with "Request Historical ticks directly from API", MC gets Bid prices=Ask.
We will check it.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 27 Aug 2018

Thanks sp I will give compile all a try, the problem isn't there on my win7 pc
Hello Henry

John
I tried your code and it does compile. The compiler has been less than 100% reliable for the past few versions of MC. (used to be 100% perfect in the older versions probably under Win7). It may have more to do with Windows10 than MC, I'm just not sure.
If you followed the steps for the short folder names, registry etc, then about all you can do is re-boot your computer and just load the editor and see if it will verify a simple study. If it does, I immediately do a "verify all" and leave it alone until I create a new study. That's what I do and usually, it will work the second or third time. It is annoying though, so I understand.

arnie

Postby arnie » 27 Aug 2018

It seems TPO increment is off
increment.png
(44.21 KiB) Downloaded 42458 times

Al3cs

Postby Al3cs » 28 Aug 2018

Good morning,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this problem (I don't know if it is R12 related) but I'm having some charting issues with imbalance charts: when showing candelstick some elements overwrite prices as show in attachment.
No problem here: but when I switch to candlestick this is what I get:

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 29 Aug 2018

Hello, Al3cs!

This appears to be a bug, we’re targeting a fix for it for one of the upcoming MultiCharts 12 releases.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Aug 2018

It seems TPO increment is off
arnie, this was done by design, but we may consider changing it in the future if it does no fit the majority of the users.

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Aug 2018

Jumping from 4 ticks to 29 ticks was by design?
I would love to know the idea behind it. Increment the number of ticks by 7 times?
None of the developers thought that might be WAY too much?

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 30 Aug 2018

slow optimization - anyone experiencing it? the new optimization seems UNBELIEVABLY slow as compared to version 11.

i been optimizing for 30 years so i know about all the ways to overload a run and didn't. i know what slow is - it's across the board slow even with just price patterns even the simplest of stuff. crazy backwards update.

Chartsurfer

Postby Chartsurfer » 31 Aug 2018

Henry,

I noticed one minor annoyance with MC12 and the settings for Chart Trading.

In MC11R9 and the versions before I was used to have all Chart Trading settings (trade panel full mode on/off, auto attached exit strategy, account connection red/green button) stored by MC. In short, when I turned on MC the next moring everything was set the way it was when I turned it off the night before.

With MC12 I get a more or less complet reset of Chart Trading starting MC, meaning Chart Trading being set back to full mode unchecked, sometimes all auto attached exit strategies unchecked and even sometimes a disconnected account).

Rolling back to MC11R9 the Chart Trading settings are safed again ...

Best

Peter

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 31 Aug 2018

Printing problem, has anyone tried to print from the Power Language Editor? It throws up a Encountered an improper argument box.

Charting will print btw no problem.

No matter what printer I use it fails to print. Yes other applications can print, yes my printers are turned on and have paper.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 31 Aug 2018

How do you roll back to 11? just reinstall it again?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Aug 2018

Henry,

I noticed one minor annoyance with MC12 and the settings for Chart Trading.

In MC11R9 and the versions before I was used to have all Chart Trading settings (trade panel full mode on/off, auto attached exit strategy, account connection red/green button) stored by MC. In short, when I turned on MC the next moring everything was set the way it was when I turned it off the night before.

With MC12 I get a more or less complet reset of Chart Trading starting MC, meaning Chart Trading being set back to full mode unchecked, sometimes all auto attached exit strategies unchecked and even sometimes a disconnected account).

Best

Peter
Peter, that is a known issue, currently the fix is targeted to MultiCharts 12 Release 2.
To overcome that, you need to enable the auto attach option and save the workspace file.

Henry MultiСharts

Printing problem, has anyone tried to print from the Power Language Editor? It throws up a Encountered an improper argument box.

Charting will print btw no problem.

No matter what printer I use it fails to print. Yes other applications can print, yes my printers are turned on and have paper.
Mark, that is a known issue. We are currently looking into it.

Henry MultiСharts

You need to uninstall the current version and run the installer file of the version you need.

Chartsurfer

Postby Chartsurfer » 31 Aug 2018

Hi Mark,

I removed MC12 via the MC Setup Wizard (keeping the user data) and then used the good ol' MC11R9 installer that was still in my "Downloads" folder.

Safety note: I am running MC on three different machines. On two it worked like a charm, on my laptop I got an indicator dll.version error for all my selfcoded stuff I have never seen before ... And re-upgrading to MC12 I am stuck with the "compile line 0, error 0" phenomenon ... :(

Best

Peter

Henry MultiСharts

slow optimization - anyone experiencing it? the new optimization seems UNBELIEVABLY slow as compared to version 11.

i been optimizing for 30 years so i know about all the ways to overload a run and didn't. i know what slow is - it's across the board slow even with just price patterns even the simplest of stuff. crazy backwards update.
We haven't experienced this issue on our end, none of the other users reported anything similar. Please send us the environment that worked better in MC 11 using the Feedback tool: Go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
- Attach a screenshot;
- Open workspaces;
- Include tick data;
- Active signals;

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 01 Sep 2018

I've never used it before, but today I try it for some kind of studies and.....Why we can't have a Volume profile Monthly ?

2018-09-01_11-27-00.jpg
(112.46 KiB) Downloaded 42110 times

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 05 Sep 2018

wilkinsw,

will you do me a favor and check the speed of optimization - it seems UNBELIEVABLY slow as version 11 was. even ts is far faster at 32 bit.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Sep 2018

I've never used it before, but today I try it for some kind of studies and.....Why we can't have a Volume profile Monthly ?
CrazyNasdaq, we are not planning on implementing this feature for the following reason:
Volume Profile is built out of tick data. Monthly Volume Profiles would load for a long time and build even longer. Additionally, most of the data feeds cut off data supply if you request a huge amount of ticks. This is why this feature (Volume Profile) is limited to weeks.
As an example, you can build a data series with monthly bars and build VP on this data series. It will be built, however it would take a long time.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 06 Sep 2018

Volume Profile is built out of tick data. Monthly Volume Profiles would load for a long time and build even longer. Additionally, most of the data feeds cut off data supply if you request a huge amount of ticks. This is why this feature (Volume Profile) is limited to weeks.
As an example, you can build a data series with monthly bars and build VP on this data series. It will be built, however it would take a long time.
Ok Henry Thanks !!
It's not fundamental for my studies. It Was only for a specific test.
thanks for your exhaustive response

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 06 Sep 2018

wilkinsw,

will you do me a favor and check the speed of optimization - it seems UNBELIEVABLY slow as version 11 was. even ts is far faster at 32 bit.
MC64,10, MC64,11 and MC64,12 looks the same to me when testing brute force optimisation. Let's call them the "ref rate".

MC32,9 was about 60% faster than ref rate.

MC64,9 was about 100% faster than ref rate.

That's a real shocker for me. I'm sure MC have their reasons and I would be very curious to know why >MC9 versions have been significantly slower at brute force optimisations.

Could MC kindly add some colour? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the more accurate limit order fill placements? Otherwise, I've just uncovered a way to cut my server time bills in half!

Thanks!

Also please see below CPU loads of a "ref rate" optimisation vs MC64,9:

ref rate:
mc10 cpu utilization.PNG
(43.68 KiB) Downloaded 41569 times
MC64,9
mc64 9 cpu.PNG
(39 KiB) Downloaded 41569 times
MC64,9 is faster whilst being a lower CPU load, which is really wierd!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Sep 2018

wilkinsw,

MC64,10, MC64,11 and MC64,12 looks the same to me when testing brute force optimisation. Let's call them the "ref rate".

MC32,9 was about 60% faster than ref rate.

MC64,9 was about 100% faster than ref rate.

That's a real shocker for me. I'm sure MC have their reasons and I would be very curious to know why >MC9 versions have been significantly slower at brute force optimisations.

Could MC kindly add some colour? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the more accurate limit order fill placements? Otherwise, I've just uncovered a way to cut my server time bills in half!

Thanks!

Also please see below CPU loads of a "ref rate" optimisation vs MC64,9:

ref rate:
mc10 cpu utilization.PNG

MC64,9
mc64 9 cpu.PNG

MC64,9 is faster whilst being a lower CPU load, which is really wierd!
wilkinsw, please use the Feedback tool in MultiCharts 12 to send us the environment that worked better in MC 9: Go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
- Attach a screenshot;
- Open workspaces;
- Include tick data;
- Active signals;
If you want to export the data from a previous version of the platform:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _User_Data
Please provide detailed information regarding your optimization configuration and how you've performed it to help us study this behavior.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 07 Sep 2018

Hi Henry,

I've just uploaded the requested info.

The speed tests were done on symbol GOOG, 1 DAY Timeframe, using a brute force optimisation of inputs for pre packed entry/exit signals:
WS1.PNG
(101.63 KiB) Downloaded 41522 times
WS2.PNG
(54.12 KiB) Downloaded 41522 times
I then simply measure how long it takes to run 5000 iterations.

For 64bit MC10,11,12 it was taking about 29 seconds.
For 64bit MC9: 14 seconds.
For 32bit MC9: 18 seconds.

Let me know if you need anything else. Obviously let me know if there's a mistake in the simulation settings that explains the differences.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 07 Sep 2018

version 12 bug - charting - format objects - status - disable - the panel subchart will stay in place - even though the study is disabled.

in other words on a chart when viewing a rsi when you disable it's status there is a big blank space still there. you have to delete the rsi to get the chart to recapture the space previously occupied by the rsi.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 07 Sep 2018

version 12 bug - charting - format objects - status - disable - the panel subchart will stay in place - even though the study is disabled.

in other words on a chart when viewing a rsi when you disable it's status there is a big blank space still there. you have to delete the rsi to get the chart to recapture the space previously occupied by the rsi.
That is the behaviour I have for all versions of MC in my possession. I certainly wouldn't call it a bug.

I, for one, want the behaviour to stay as it is.

Mark Brown - I know it is easy to get frustrated, but I would respectfully ask if you really think that your approach to MC criticism is constructive?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 07 Sep 2018

Mark: I think it is an option. (have to know where to look for it).
I ran into this years ago and was able to change the option to make it reclaim the space after a study is turned off. (status off).
Not positive but try "File" "preferences", "charting" and uncheck everything, then shutdown MC and re-boot your PC, then re-load MC and see if that was it. I think it was on that menu. Not sure if re-booting the PC was necessary but I recall MC shutdown and re-start was necessary to take effect.

Jad

Postby Jad » 07 Sep 2018

In fairness to Mark on this point it might be a bug. Right now, when I change the status of an indicator that occupies a sub chart to off, the space is reclaimed. However, I've also noticed times in the past when it's left a blank space.

It's not a biggie for me but that inconsistency is probably not by design.

kagein

Postby kagein » 10 Sep 2018

So i just upgraded to v12 yesterday night to test performance and its been horrendous for me personally. So i run 2 instances of multicharts, with 6 worksapces each , with about 6-8 charts in each worspace, all with auto-trading on trading futures via cqg. My server specs are as follows: xeon e3-1246v6 3.7GHz , 32GB DDR4 running Server 2016. My cpu and memory utilisation never really goes above 15% each.

Sunday night everything worked well and was snappy, as soon as markets open and data is received, multicharts start to lag, at first by only the odd second or two, but later into the morning by minutes and it was especially bad around the turn of the hour, it would just stop functioning all together, hence i missed a few entries.

I fired up a second server, e5 - 2673v4 2.3GHz 16GB running v11r9 with the same workspaces, cpu and memory utilisation is about 30 & 40% respectively, but theres no lag, im receieving all price data all the time. Needless to say i'll be sticking to v11r9 for a while yet.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what the issue could be?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Sep 2018

Mark, this behavior is by design.

Jad

Postby Jad » 10 Sep 2018

Henry, it may be the design but that isn't always the way it works. Please see attached.
Attachments
NQU8.rar
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 290 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Sep 2018

version 12 bug - charting - format objects - status - disable - the panel subchart will stay in place - even though the study is disabled. in other words on a chart when viewing a rsi when you disable it's status there is a big blank space still there. you have to delete the rsi to get the chart to recapture the space previously occupied by the rsi.
Henry, it may be the design but that isn't always the way it works. Please see attached.
This has been already explained by sptrader below:
Mark: I think it is an option. (have to know where to look for it). I ran into this years ago and was able to change the option to make it reclaim the space after a study is turned off. (status off). Not positive but try "File" "preferences", "charting" and uncheck everything, then shutdown MC and re-boot your PC, then re-load MC and see if that was it. I think it was on that menu. Not sure if re-booting the PC was necessary but I recall MC shutdown and re-start was necessary to take effect.
The specific option that you need to enable is "Enable indicator status switch in a status line of a chart" in File-> Preferences -> Charting. Then you need to restart all MultiCharts processes.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 14 Sep 2018

Sorry Henry, i can't reproduce all bugs with a simple test.pla make for Your dev team.

But i worked one month to find issues and make my analysis,

here my result :

251000 Ticks
5 consecutives auto-trading days
708 total orders
90 orders fail (more than 12 %)

66 ignored
19 same bar (filled)
5 others

I made an excel file with my own log tick by tick with all datas.

MC12 lost reliability with :

Issue filled or not filled
Same order in same bar are bar filled and sometime not filled
(in yellow color in excel file)

Order filled with same order name in a Bar (counting only them)
bars number 7677 7685 7706 ...

Order not filled with same order in a Bar
bars number 7672 7678 8008 ...

Another issue
Order name ignored when order name had same order name as last filled order on previous bar ( Bar[1] )
bars number 7876 8086 8261 8302 ...

Another issue
Order name ignored when previous order name was not on market
Order name would be compared with order name realy filled on market and not order name in queue order,
some orders are never on market with pyramid for this reason
(before reaching max number in pyramid setup of course)

Another issue
Orders ignored
(in orange color in Excel file)
my analysis :

Previously PL compute bar order when barstatus=2 and after compute last tick , maybe MC12 change this.
Many ingored orders are tick orders, my stategy use bar order and tick order in same time,
and sometime when not lucky, a tick order come on last tick of bar and it is ignored.

To manage order event PL add "fake" ticks with aiCalcReason=4 and aiCalcReason=5, orders who come on
those tick seem to be ignored, same after aiCalcReason=3 ...
Sometime between aiCalcReason=5 and aiCalcReason=4
(order filled flag and MP change flag)

Other issue (5)
(light blue in excel file)

Time execution (last column in excel file) sometime can be very important more than 300 ms (on average 16 ms), Why ?

Hope this file can help your team to find fix issues.

Any comment are welcome.

https://we.tl/t-uMGMQIqFDm

Sorry can't upload this file here, i use wetransfer.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 14 Sep 2018

Can someone tell me why MC12 represents such a dramatic overhaul of Multicharts?

It just seems like so many things are wrong with it, yet I don't know why there was the pressure to make so many changes in the first place.

I was fine with MC9 and 10...even 11. Sure there were some bugs that needed fixing. Also a few features to be added too.

But MC12; so many issues.

Is MC12 a stepping stone to something greater? I would really appreciate some kind of message of reassurance from Multicharts as I don't really understand what's going on.

I love Multicharts....but I don't love MC12.

Is it just me?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 14 Sep 2018

@wilkinsw

i think some bugs already exist on previous version, i post all on MC12 post to have a quick fix.

i start to say that order management need to be reviewed, but first, nobody believe me ...

Another user have issue on reverse order missed but nothing advance.

i use and i work with multicharts every days, i think i know it very well, you can take a look about my excel file and you will see my huge work to help them to find issue and help dev tem to fix all.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 14 Sep 2018

Hi Smoky,

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all.

When you say "another user"; i have two cases open with MC right now. One for a major bug in the new optimize order flow order management and another for cancelled reverse limit orders whilst being filled. Funny coincidence, as they sound the same as what you just described.

Thanks for your hard work and hopefully it will speed up fixes. Do you remember previous version updates having as many issues as MC12?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Sep 2018

Sorry Henry, i can't reproduce all bugs with a simple test.pla make for Your dev team. But i worked one month to find issues and make my analysis, Hope this file can help your team to find fix issues. Any comment are welcome.
Hello Smoky,

Unfortunately the information we have so far is insufficient for analysis. We wont be able to analyze this inquiry solely based on your output and without knowing your environment (chart, strategy setup and the source code). As previously discussed - simple cases based on your description work ok on our end, therefore, we need you to crease and send us the TEST workspace and the TEST signal for replicating this behavior.
Before sending, make sure that it reproduces the problem. If possible, also send PLEditor logs and your logs when the problem is reproduced using the test workspace, specify the time of the problem.

Based on your post above, I would recommend checking the following information:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... order_name
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13918&p=62232#p62232
Also, make sure the your script generates the orders only when Barstatus of the 1st data series = 0, 1, 2.
By default orders are not generated when Barstatus = -1. You will need to add AllowSendOrdersAlways=True to your code to generate such orders. But the order will still be sent when there is an update on Data1.

Henry MultiСharts

Can someone tell me why MC12 represents such a dramatic overhaul of Multicharts? It just seems like so many things are wrong with it, yet I don't know why there was the pressure to make so many changes in the first place. I was fine with MC9 and 10...even 11. Sure there were some bugs that needed fixing. Also a few features to be added too. But MC12; so many issues. Is MC12 a stepping stone to something greater? I would really appreciate some kind of message of reassurance from Multicharts as I don't really understand what's going on. I love Multicharts....but I don't love MC12. Is it just me?
wilkinsw, with every version we are achieving something greater. Yes, the first release of version 12 had some issues, but we did a good job with fixing them in Release 2, and we will continue the hard work in Release 3.
In fact, the two cases you had opened have been fixed in Release 2 which goes public today.

Henry MultiСharts

Return to “MultiCharts”