DownGrade from current Beta  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

DownGrade from current Beta

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007

Hi Kate,

how can I downgrade from the current Beta without losing my recent PowerLanguage work. I tried to export it as XML, but although XML is selected the Beta exports as PLA (which I guess is not supported by the current official release). Copy and pasting all the work into text files would be horrible.

Thank you for your help.

Kate

[SOLVED]

Postby Kate » 26 Jun 2007

I recommend you not to downgrade and wait a few days for the new beta which is expected to be even more stable than the official release.

jek

Postby jek » 26 Jun 2007

I recommend you not to downgrade and wait a few days for the new beta which is expected to be even more stable than the official release.
Waiting a few days can be very expensive...

I do wish that you had released updated betas with incremental bug fixes rather than trying to get them all in one go. This is primarily because the beta code is required to run MC using Vista.

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2007

Absolutely agree. Smaller 'hotfixes' for known issues are needed. Most of your competitors will release fixes in a day or two independantly of main releases.

For example many of my studies have drawn lines (things like - floor pivots - 3 day high low weekly high lows etc) I tend to plot these on almost every chart in every workspace. This has not worked since the last version not sure how long that is? Maybe 6-8 weeks. This makes an awful lot of extra work for me as I have to turn each study on each chart in each workspace off and back on every single time I restart MC. For the first few days it cost money as I forgot I had to re-apply half my studies.

Please concider releasing smaller incremental fixes in between major revisions.
Thanks.

crazy_phil

Postby crazy_phil » 03 Jul 2007

I agree too with this notion of frequent betas fixing a few points.

I've been official betatester for 2 French financial services (1 feed, 1 realtime technical analysis prog).
Betas where almost daily.

Every misfunctionning point can be followed by the tester who first detected the problem.

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Jul 2007

CrazyPhil,
We agree you have a point there. We are planning to release beta-versions more frequently and if fact we are already doing so.

Return to “MultiCharts”