Reserved Words and Plot Bug

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
edgarcia39

Reserved Words and Plot Bug

Postby edgarcia39 » 22 Jun 2007

I think that whenever you guys change or replace RESERVED WORDS like you did on this Beta Version you should poste them and show what you replaced them with. Also it would be a good idea if you add a Content, Index, Seach to the Help tab of the PL Editor, at least a SEARCH.

Also I posted a bug that I found on this Beta 2.1 on Jun 18, 2007 and I'll to know if it will be fix on the next beta release.

Attached are 2 of the over 80 indicators that I use that don't work with this new beta realease. One of the indicators is the GapUp Bar with the option to put a dot X amount of ticks below the low of the bar, the other is the GapDown Bar with the option to put a dot X amount of ticks above the High of the Bar. This 2 indicators where working fine on the previous version and they work fine on TS 8.

Here is the GapUp Bar

Inputs: LowMinusTicks(.50);

IF Open > Close of 1 bar ago Then Begin

Plot1(Low - LowMinusTicks, "GapUp");

Alert("A Gap Up has ocurred");

End

Else
NoPlot(Plot1);

Here is the GapDown Bar

inputs: HighPlusTicks(.50);

IF Open < Close of 1 bar ago Then Begin
Plot1(High + HighPlusTicks , "GapDown");
Alert("A Gap Down has ocurred");
End
Else
NoPlot(Plot1);

The problem with this new Beta version is that it can't handle the Plot when you want to place the indicator dot above or below the high or low and give you and error massage.

Please let me know when this bug will be fix.

Thanks for your help

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Jun 2007

Ed,

These two indicators cannot work in TS because NoPlot(Plot1); is a logically incorrect phrase. NoPlot() function takes as an argument the number of the plot the current value of which becomes disabled. In this case it is not the number of the plot but its value for the current bar which is transferred there. The correct symbol will be NoPlot(1);

In the previous versions MultiCharts didn't show the error message you received this time and most likely your indicators worked incorrectly but there was no such an error message to notify you. Please compare the following variants:
////////////////
plot1( c );
noplot(1);
///////////////

///////////////
plot1( c );
noplot(plot1);
///////////////

Return to “MultiCharts”