View optimization result in detail analysis

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
nighthawk

View optimization result in detail analysis

Postby nighthawk » 13 Oct 2018

Hi all,

So far the MC optmization can only be viewed in a simple summary with the predefined parameters (net profit, gross profit gross loss etc), which most of them are not of great interest.
If I am interested in more detailed view, I have to close the optimization and run the backtest (again!) to get the particular backtest report.
What I think is the optimization process should have the trade detail already saved and it only take seconds to load/compute the report when I double click the optimization result.

Is there a way to implement such thing or any workaround?
this can be really time consuming to run some lengthy backtests and hard to compare different parameters.

Below is an example, MC has most of the content already but the way it present was not very comfortable to study.
The software here I can click on the test instances below and have the detail result displayed instantly( equity curve, summary etc)
If MC can go further, i'd say the comparison of the report page of different tests parameters.
Attachments
Image 7.png
(748.18 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: View optimization result in detail analysis

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 17 Oct 2018

Hello, nighthawk,

As a workaround, it is possible to export the optimization report and view it in a separate application:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Visualizer
Thus, you will be able to return to backtesting and still have the optimization results accessible.

Return to “MultiCharts”