Transparent Crosshair Time/Price (v2.1.909.909)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mojotrader

Transparent Crosshair Time/Price (v2.1.909.909)

Postby mojotrader » 02 Jul 2007

The crosshair time/price display is now transparent and difficult to read. I like the Transparent Hint window but transparent crosshair time/price is not readable. Please either make this the way it used to be or provide a Format Window option to set the crosshair background color.

Thanks
~mojo

ABC

Postby ABC » 02 Jul 2007

mojotrader,

I guess the readability is affected by the background colour settings - in my opinion it's harder to read the cross hair values with a black background than with a light grey background - but a format option to customize the crosshair background sounds like a good idea.

TS Support, what I really like is the feature that the Plot colours are directly reflected in the crosshair values, this makes looking at the values a lot easier and this is a great improvement.

Regards,

ABC

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Jul 2007

Mojotrader,

If you think that the transparent crosshair is not readable you can turn it off at View->Transparent Hint.

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 03 Jul 2007

Mojotrader,

If you think that the transparent crosshair is not readable you can turn it off at View->Transparent Hint.
I tried that but it turns off the transparent hint window, not the crosshair time/price values displays on their corresponding scales.

Kate

Postby Kate » 03 Jul 2007

Could you provide me with some screenshots illustrating this?

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 03 Jul 2007

Could you provide me with some screenshots illustrating this?
See attached pic...
Attachments
TransparentCrosshair.jpg
(145.65 KiB) Downloaded 985 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 04 Jul 2007

Yes it is different, but it is perfectly readable IMHO. What is wrong with it?

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 04 Jul 2007

Yes it is different, but it is perfectly readable IMHO. What is wrong with it?
I liked it the other way. The contrast made it easier to see on the timeline below and price scale to the right, but I do like the transparent hint window option. I can live with it but like most users I don't like change unless it's optional, like the hint window.

I would recommend adding a Crosshair property window in a future release that would let you define crosshair line format, color, and time/price display properties.

Thanks,
~mojo

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 05 Jul 2007

~mojo,
Thanks for the explanations. We will add it to the wish list.

tosk

Re: Transparent Crosshair Time/Price (v2.1.909.909)

Postby tosk » 01 Aug 2011

How do I turn off the transparent crosshair time/price display? I know this was fixed in subsequent releases after version 2.1 but after installing version 7 it's back and I can not find how to change this.

Advise & thanks - Tom

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 02 Aug 2011

How do I turn off the transparent crosshair time/price display? I know this was fixed in subsequent releases after version 2.1 but after installing version 7 it's back and I can not find how to change this.
Hi Tom,

Do you mean turn off the transparent crosshair or turn off the transparency of the crosshair? For the first, go to View --> Show Chart Hint to switch this on/off. For the second, go to View --> Transparent Hint to toggle transparency on/off.

Regards,
Josh
Attachments
chartHint.png
(12.49 KiB) Downloaded 930 times

tosk

Postby tosk » 03 Aug 2011

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your reply. What you have suggested does not fix the issue I am asking about. See the attached pic originally posted by mojotrader.

Who thinks that black on black is a good idea? That might work if you only watch one chart and you have all day to make a decision but when you have 6 or 8 charts spread over two monitors finding the chart that has focus immediately is important.

This was discussed and deemed to be a bad idea in 2007 - why has it been brought back in version 7? I have fumbled about and fumbled about in the two days I have used this new version. If this isn't a setting I can change, I think I will just go back to version 6.

Tom
Attachments
TransparentCrosshair.jpg
(145.65 KiB) Downloaded 896 times

Return to “MultiCharts”