CQG data with MC?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

CQG data with MC?

Postby Mark Brown » 15 Jan 2019

i have the cqg data feed active in the quote manager but the symbol eph19 will not connect. i have tried both the demo and the live account settings neither one will connect even though it shows the data feed as active. i try to make a chart and it just hangs saying connecting.

my platform from cqg is qtrader is this compatible?

Anna MultiCharts

Re: CQG data with MC?

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 29 Jan 2019

Hello, Mark!

To use CQG connections in MultiCharts that is irrelevant whether you have any native CQG program installed or not. But you should make sure that your account is enabled for Web API as this is the API that’s used in MultiCharts. You can cross-check this info by contacting your broker.

If you cannot get the data in MultiCharts even after you verified the account type with your broker, see if there’re any specific error messages in the Event Log of QuoteManager, make sure that CQG is configured correctly in QuoteManager and try restarting MultiCharts completely making sure that no processes with MultiCharts in Description are left in Task Manager -> Details or Processes tab. If the issue persists please come to our Live Chat to demonstrate the issue via remote connection.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 02 Feb 2019

CQG with MC sucks in the later development. CQG is adding prices in holidays where no price was traded. One Instance is the 1st of Jan 2019 at 1029am. All symbols had some kind of price in the QuoteManager at 1029am. Look at the $TICK data from CQG. That's hilarious. If you complain to your broker, they told me CQG said they are just fine and it's a problem of the charting platform.

Forget CQG. It became holarious in recent months from quality of feed perspective.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 03 Feb 2019

CQG with MC sucks in the later development. CQG is adding prices in holidays where no price was traded. One Instance is the 1st of Jan 2019 at 1029am. All symbols had some kind of price in the QuoteManager at 1029am. Look at the $TICK data from CQG. That's hilarious. If you complain to your broker, they told me CQG said they are just fine and it's a problem of the charting platform.

Forget CQG. It became holarious in recent months from quality of feed perspective.
After your words piranhaxp, I've checked all my charts and symbols form CQG and no one chart or symbol has 1 single tick on the 1st of janauary 2019 at any time of the day. The first tick is from 2nd of january 2019 for every symbol/chart. Below an example of EPH19
Attachments
2019-02-03_10-02-36.png
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 12 Feb 2019

You may want to select 'Show Data on Holidays'. All exchanges, except for NYMEX selected, are affected by this. You can delete these specific data manually, yes, But every reload brings it back. I attach some charts from different exchanges and expiration months. To prevent from the discussion to deselect this HOLIDAY-option, I point to several holiday sessions, where futures have open for a limited time.

My Regards

* Quotemanager
DBH19_Holiday.png
(129.39 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
* Chart
DBH19_id_Chart_HolidayData.png
(75.85 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
* zipped Charts (Eurex) > H19 + M19
eurex.zip
(693.26 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
* zipped Charts (Comex + CME)
others.zip